The following guidelines are a strict list of rules which our community maintains in the light of what would otherwise be a very discordant and immature system of communication. As stated in our Mission Statement
, we believe profoundly in three core values: Wisdom
. These ideals form the DNA of our community; the guidelines which follow are the bands which bind it together.
Please follow each of these guidelines when conducting interactions both in the public-facing portions of our forum, the private elements of the forum and the private messaging system. By participating in this forum, you agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Intellectual Standard – Although we know that not every word or sentence will be constructed according to the English language, we strictly enforce reasonably proper spelling, grammar and punctuation when communicating on our forum. Please read and proofread your content submissions before submitting them.
- Be Honorable, Be Civil – Something largely unfamiliar to much of the Halo fanbase, being civil and honorable is a style of conduct which should consistently pan across both community interactions and those which occur on Xbox Live. Competitive spirits are completely welcome within our doors, but if you are antagonistic, accusatory or divisive, you will be removed from the community. Please take this as a ‘No Drama’ policy which will be strictly enforced. If you find issue with something someone has said, please report their post to the admins for review and if you feel inclined to communicate with the user in question, do so via private message and do so civilly.
- Forum Etiquette – Please refrain from double-posting, cross-posting, thread bumping, flooding the forum with new topics or responses which are mundane or inappropriate (excessive posting). If you have any questions as to what these terms are or how they are enforced, please contact an admin via private message.
- False Representation – Do not pose as an agent for Bungie, Microsoft or a contractor of the same. Do not pose as a member to one of these groups. Posting information such as this or attempting to falsely generate any type of viral marketing content is expressly forbidden. We have a direct line of communication with Bungie and can easily determine the validity of any claim. We will remove you for such conduct without warning.
- Content Requirements – Although we are an adult community, we do require reasonable consideration be made when posting text or images. Although we allow for some profanity in our forum, excessive or aggressive profanity, pornographic or violent images or images which disrespect and/or are an attempt to humiliate other members are not welcome here. Please check with an admin before posting any content which might be considered questionable.
- Avatars & Signatures – In order to keep the forum looking organized and clean, we require that you select one of our standard avatars. We also require that your signature be left-justified and not include any text, images or content other than a simple imbedded Xbox Live or Halo signature, such as those offered by sites like Halo 3 Junk (http://halo3.junk.ws/).
- Membership and Clan – As a new user, you’re required to perform adequately and at the level expected from all members. During the first few months of your time with us, we will monitor your actions closely to ensure that you follow the guidelines. If it is determined that you do not contribute in a manner which resonates the guidelines and mission statement, your account can be revoked and permanently removed.
- Of Age – Ascendant Justice is an adult community. Acceptance into full membership or clan-related activities requires an age of 21 years or older and mature conduct is required alongside that age. This rule will be enforced at the discretion of the administrators.
Thank you for reading the guidelines. If you have any questions about the rules presented in this document, it is your obligation and duty to contact an admin or moderator regarding them. If you fail to do so and your content is questionable or violates the guidelines, your posting permission can be permanently revoked.