Splinter Cell: Double Agent

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#61 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

Nice moves Fallen. Look at that triad of blue dots on his back. Wonder what they are. Ammo for spies in VS? That'll be a great laugh. Mercs running from spies... I think that ammo counter is just for the suit's energy, or some kind of ability. Those white cubes attatched to his back are in the counter icon.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#62 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

And that being so...he apparently has a weapon which requires ammo.

It looks like there's a P90 attached to his right thigh.

#63 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

That's just the standard tazer/launcher that has been used by spies in both past VS modes. You're right, it does looke like a P90. I want a P90.
I got your back, Dual.

#64 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:04 PM

Just got done reading Operation Barracuda. Damn, what a great book.
I got your back, Dual.

#65 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

Another video and message has been added on the site.

#66 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:13 PM

Just got done reading Operation Barracuda. Damn, what a great book.

Agreed, but it doesn't hold water compared to Halo: the Fall of Reach...

#67 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

Nothing new in that vid. Same phone call, like the last 20 times I've seen it. Yeah, 'Cuse, but I hold Sam in higher glory than MC. A guy at school kept saying he dies in an explosion, so when that nuke went off, I almost believed him. Then after the next chapter I just clenched my fist like Tom Cruise on Oprah and gave a shout of joy. Sam is beyond heavy metal.
I got your back, Dual.

#68 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

I'm wondering if Splinter Cell 4 will come out before the Chaos Theory co-op maps do, isn't SC4 due in like March? I think that will be the CT co-op missions at the rate they're going.

#69 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:20 PM

I have found a trademark filed by Ubisoft for "Splinter Cell: Double Agent".
This confirms that the name is officially "Splinter Cell: Double Agent!"

You can view the trademark filed in the attached file.

Trademark file

LINK

#70 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

Aj6627 is one of the largest Splinter Cell nerds out there. Him and Jason-Alaska. I don't know where they find their stuff. I used to be big on keeping everyone up to date on Splinter Cell intelligence; glad you're covering for me, Fallen. ;] Splinter Cell: Double Agent
I got your back, Dual.

#71 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:03 PM

I really hate the Splinter Cell forums. It's filled with a ton of "Mr. Know-it-alls" and just a bunch of people that are ignorant.

One such topic which was started, even before Chaos Theory was released, there was an argument over the fact that they were going to place the Camo Suit for the Spies in Vs. mode. We had pictures, only pictures of them. Some people said that they were too scifi and shouldn't be placed in the game because of that reason. First off, I posted this link which contains videos and pictures a man wearing an actual invisible coat. Now even after showing this link, they still stayed with their "omg it's too scifi" reasoning. They couldn't keep a single strong arguement as to why it shouldn't be in the game. I mean, if you were trying to sneak into hostile territory such as those, wouldn't you wear the suit?

Another just recently is when I posted the 2 new pictures from SP4 on the forums. They wouldn't allow it because "the pictures are not official." I mean what's the point in having a picture thread in the SP4 forums if you can't post them?

#72 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:46 AM

I mean, if you were trying to sneak into hostile territory such as those, wouldn't you wear the suit?

Haha Dual, if you wanted to sneak in with a projector... and pictures of everything you would be against. "In the case of a real scene, a photograph of the scene is taken from the operator?fs viewpoint, and this photograph is projected to exactly the same place as the original."
don't tread on me

#73 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:53 AM

Don't bother with posting in those forums--they're no better than New Mombasa. I only extract information from them, whevever I actually care to look.
I got your back, Dual.

#74 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:10 PM

Currently in the pipeline are Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (out Thursday, with the DS version available Dec. 8) and Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell 4 (spring 2006). The Montreal studio is making the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PSP versions of Splinter Cell 4 while the PC and Xbox 360 versions are being made in Ubisoft?s Shanghai studio.

http://wham.canoe.ca...1334062-cp.html

#75 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

That's sweet, at least they'll hopefully be optimizing the xbox 360's power. I just wish it was Montreal doing the 360 version and Shanghai doing the others. Montreal is pure money, but Shanghai did do a great job with Pandora Tomorrow- still I would definitely take the Montreal studio.

#76 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:23 PM

Those are words from my own mouth. Montreal knows Splinter Cell like it's only their business. Shanghai made a breakthrough in ideas for the series, but the execution on the way we play the game and the way it runs was lacking.
I got your back, Dual.

#77 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

alright,ive just read the game informer and there was like six pages of info and pics..and ill like to say omg..its gonna be amazing. there was soo much info about it i wont be able to tell you all bout it.so im gonna give a brief summary.ok.startin with campaign.sam fisher is on a mission when he finds out his daugter dies in a car crash..gettin emotional and depress he cant do the missions and lambert makes him unactive/suspends him.later on while still bein depress he goes back to lambert and BEGS for a mission!now,lambert gives his job back but he has a big mission to do.and to be an NOC agent(non officail cover operatives) they go undercover to find information from within)..he must find a guy name jamie washington,,who is in jail..so sam must go undercover so the nsa helps sam look like a crimanal. by settin up the bank robbers and some of the murders!!!he then gets put in prison WITH jamie washington.now jamie is in some stuff with some ppl called the jba(john browns army)now to earn jamies trust sam breaks him out and then steals a chopper and they escape to this hideout were the jba stay. and sam is introduced and joins them .but the challenge is tough. youll have to do some moral judgment,youll have to kill the innocent ,like the helicopter pilot to gain there trust! and youll have to do other things similar to gain trust. like for example the nsa helps you break out with jamie but somtimes youll run it to some of the other splintercells in front of jamie!! so youll have to decide to ighter kill the splintercell to gain jamies trust or let him live and get jamie thinkin??there wil be CO-OP !! in campiagn mode.. you will need jamie to help you get on top of things and etc. to escape!youll have a knife still and some melee attackes.youll also have more than six costumes to wear in the game includine,prison suit,black splintercell suit and the winter splintercell suit.so now your a double agent!, hence your on nsa side and jba side.so thatll be the name for the game.splintercell:double agent the game will go about you makin alot of moral descisions.the jba will give you some objectives and so will lambert.also some objectives youll have to do without doin the other so moral descions from objectives to killin the innocent will affect the game. the game has alternative endings to inhance replayability.youll be also doin parachuting,swimming and other stuff!there is over 150 different AIs so you wont be lookin at the same grunt over and over again if you grab them.now on to multiplayer!! my favorite. the trialer that everyone saw of the two spies and that guy is multiplayer. thats the new mercs! but they arent called mercs anymore! there called.."upsilion force". and they have more gadgets that are freakin awesome.like for one gadget they have is a flying drone,in which can go into tight spots like vents and stuff.the mercs will also have three new looks!! and the spies i think also too.and speakin of three.versus mode will now be a three on three game!there will be also melee attackes for versus modes like youve seen in the trailer. spies in this game will be more AGILE then ever before making them more stealthier and awesome than ever!there will also be another multplayer game added called spy versus spy. which basiclly explains itself.the new maps are said to be easier than ever to learn.to help out noobs. now the gameplay is a lil diffrent.instead of a spy seein the objective and doin it and the merc always just defendin it, the gameplay is gonna take away the whole thing. the spies now will have to find the objective,take it, and extract it,the merc will have to defend from the spy extracting it, so its not much of a campin game anymore!um also there is soo much more i didnt say so if you have any Q? just post up here!

If what this guy says is true then all I can say is HELL YES!
Information gathered from Splinter Cell forums.

#78 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

I couldn't finish reading. This guy is full of shit until I see the scanned article.
I got your back, Dual.

#79 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:09 PM

Awesome. Sounds sweet. Now I just need to finish Splinter Cell 3.

#80 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:05 PM

I actually got the new game informer today. It does have Sam Fisher on the cover and it says "Double Agent". He's in his prison clothes. Inside OMG, there's 8 pages of material. By quickly skimming through it I can pick out that it takes place in Asia, Shanghai looks fucking sweet btw, and there's a new melee system in multiplayer. There's also apparently something about "directed moments" in a caption which talks about directed cut scenes. They give an example of you playing through a sky diving sequence which is half-gameplay, and half directed cut-scene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq