• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

"Hey, man. Hey. Check mate."

But seriously, I love this game. Just beat it last night.

#22 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

So, thoughts on the revelation that Ubi clearly dumbed down the PC / next-gen versions to support cross-gen?  One of our biggest fears as consumers that we were told "Don't worry about it!  Devs love you and they'll give you the best experiences possible on all platforms!!!"

#23 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Exactly why it makes no sense to get the PS4 for supposed graphical superiority purposes. They'll all get dumbed down anyway so you don't gain any benefit.

#24 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Exactly why it makes no sense to get the PS4 for supposed graphical superiority purposes. They'll all get dumbed down anyway so you don't gain any benefit.

You know there will be first party games on the PS4, right?

#25 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Yep, but most people here have always spent their time with the MS exclusives; Halo, Gears of War, Crackdown, etc.

#26 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yep, but most people here have always spent their time with the MS exclusives; Halo, Gears of War, Crackdown, etc.

I wasn't aware that you tracked my playtime for every game I played across all platforms. If it weren't for Halo, I would have far more playtime on PS3 than the Xbox 360, at this point.

I played Crackdown a lot, only the first game. After trying the second at a friend's house I'm incredibly apprehensive about the third one. I'll have to see gameplay before I commit to being excited for it.

I never played Gears MP, and the only time I played it online was Gears 2 and 3 co-op.

A huge portion of my play time on '360 is from multiplat titles, mainly the Call of Duty series, all of which were superior to their PS3 counterparts.

So, in the future, speak for yourself.

#27 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

Rumble triggers guys. Rumble. Triggers.

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

If it weren't for Halo, 

Thank you, you made my point for me.

Let's be real Drew, when have you ever invested a serious amount of time here on discussing Playstation 3 exclusive titles which you played so much? Where are all the screenshots and captures of a PS3 game like you've done for Halo.

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thank you, you made my point for me.

Let's be real Drew, when have you ever invested a serious amount of time here on discussing Playstation 3 exclusive titles which you played so much? Where are all the screenshots and captures of a PS3 game like you've done for Halo.

Probably because most on here aren't interested in the PS3 titles that I play. If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty about Ar Tonelico, the Atelier series, Folklore, Rune Factory, Disgaea, White Knight Chronicles, or the Yakuza series - I'd be more than happy to indulge you! Hell, we could talk new mechanics in Arcana Hearts, or talk about the story in Valkyria Chronicles.

The more mainstream stuff is well-discussed elsewhere and I don't really feel any need to expound on it here. Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, Little Big Planet, and the like. There's a slew of wonderful PSN titles as well, Journey is one of the best experiences I had with any game last gen. Most here aren't into sim racers, to the best of my knowledge, so I don't see a whole lot of interest in discussing Gran Turismo - at the very most, it'd be an echo chamber between Blaze and I.

I think it's more than a little unfair to paint a picture of me based exclusively off of what I post about on here. I know it doesn't apply to you, but most people are defined by more than a single facet of their life.

#30 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Why does it matter what console we play third-party games on, Ivan? We're all going to be playing Halo again this November, which is the only game/series you seem to have interest in or time for. Last generation, we bought pretty much every third-party game on the 360, but you spent hardly any time playing those non-Halo games with us, so it's not like anything is really changing in that regard.

#31 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

It doesn't matter. I'm just making an observation of how useful the extra power is given what JC had to say.

So, thoughts on the revelation that Ubi clearly dumbed down the PC / next-gen versions to support cross-gen?  One of our biggest fears as consumers that we were told "Don't worry about it!  Devs love you and they'll give you the best experiences possible on all platforms!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq