• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

Wal-Mart listing for "Halo Blue" found

Halo Red and Halo Blue? Gotta catch 'em all?

Three and a half hours til MS's press conference...

#2 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

Coco you should be pumped, that means it'll come full circle and there will be a Halo Snap. Then you can fulfill your fantasy of capturing a picture of a Legendary Special Elite in an action shot and getting a huge multiplier for it. :)

#3 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

cant wait for that press confrence

#4 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

Some people are speculating that this is a new map pack or a re-release of a previous Halo game with new features. The fact that it has the codename "Blue" seems to indicate that it's a new full-retail game. Obviously it's associated with some part of the Halo universe and it's a shooter - perhaps connected to the rumor about the ODST title we've heard about. Very interesting stuff...

#5 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

Some people are speculating that this is a new map pack or a re-release of a previous Halo game with new features. The fact that it has the codename "Blue" seems to indicate that it's a new full-retail game. Obviously it's associated with some part of the Halo universe and it's a shooter - perhaps connected to the rumor about the ODST title we've heard about. Very interesting stuff...

I could see an ODST shooter being cool, but they would seriously have to make it worth our while to drop H3 if they are going to make it on the 360.

30 minutes to go!

#6 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

Is it at all possible that this new title might actually involve the Spartans from "The Cole Protocol" aka Grey Team?
When I was reading Gamespot's inside source comments I found that he description of grittier and darker was almost exactly like the description of the next book. The inside source would only say that the Chief doesn't star in this game. Is it possible that this squad based game actually involves other Spartans? Specifically, Grey Team?

Just a thought.

#7 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

coco - in NeoGaf (I can't post there yet) you said the superintendent posted a picture and linked to it. What is it about? I can't access the b.net servers at work. also, who/what is the superintendent anyways? I haven't been on my bungie-ness recently anyways..

#8 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

also, who/what is the superintendent anyways?

Here.

#9 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Halo1 Re-release, with Xbox Live, and achievements?

#10 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

Here.

thanks voc

#11 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Nothing Bungie/Halo related at the Microsoft conference :sad:

Edited by Vanwadilion, 14 July 2008 - 11:10 AM.

#12 aassaa123

aassaa123
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

Perhaps it will be a squad based shooter following Blue Team around the events of Reach..?

#13 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

good point... Blue team... didnt think about them. in any case ill be buying the red version to get the charmander

#14 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Perhaps it will be a squad based shooter following Blue Team around the events of Reach..?

This would be the most awesome game ever made if they did this. I have been wanting a game set during the Fall of Reach ever since I read the book.

Halo1 Re-release, with Xbox Live, and achievements?

We can always dream.

#15 aassaa123

aassaa123
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

My dream ever since H-2 was Halo CE Rereleased with upgraded models and textures voiceovers, the whole works, because it had the best damn campaign of the wole halo series. I have never played a game with more replayability that Halo CE and I dont know why lol. And if you ever played Homeworld or Homeworld 2, that plus halo spanning the whole universe would blow my mind. right from the Flood-Forrunner War to where ever bungie takes this.....mmm...epic space warfare......

#16 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

So, I can't acces GAF because it's down, but some interesting news came out today thanks to Falagard and Cocop. According to this site, some of the guys from Firefly recently got to meet up again at Bungie when they were doing more voiceover work for Halo 3. Somewhat interesting, considering that Halo 3 has already shipped and we've been under the impression that Bungie is only dealing with additional maps as downloadable content.

It clearly isn't Halo 4, right? I mean, we're too early in the development cycle (if there even is one right now), plus, they do clearly state Halo 3. Falagard suggested that this could be a small featurette as was released with the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack, which is entirely possible. Perhaps this "blue" is, in fact, a map pack. The other idea, however unlikely, is that it's a Halo 3 expansion pack for both campaign and multiplayer. If it's the latter, I'll be awestruck.

#17 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

So, I can't acces GAF because it's down, but some interesting news came out today thanks to Falagard and Cocop. According to this site, some of the guys from Firefly recently got to meet up again at Bungie when they were doing more voiceover work for Halo 3. Somewhat interesting, considering that Halo 3 has already shipped and we've been under the impression that Bungie is only dealing with additional maps as downloadable content.

It clearly isn't Halo 4, right? I mean, we're too early in the development cycle (if there even is one right now), plus, they do clearly state Halo 3. Falagard suggested that this could be a small featurette as was released with the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack, which is entirely possible. Perhaps this "blue" is, in fact, a map pack. The other idea, however unlikely, is that it's a Halo 3 expansion pack for both campaign and multiplayer. If it's the latter, I'll be awestruck.

Wait a second, the guys from Firefly, the best show ever made?

What if it's a Firefly game? Or some type of spinoff? Wasn't there a Bungie game being made awhile ago codenamed Pheonix?

#18 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Wait a second, the guys from Firefly, the best show ever made?

What if it's a Firefly game? Or some type of spinoff? Wasn't there a Bungie game being made awhile ago codenamed Pheonix?

You know that Tudyk, Fillion and Baldwin were all voice actors in Halo 3, right? That's what we're talking about here - them going back into the studio to reprise their roles.

#19 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

That's what we're talking about here - them going back into the studio to reprise their roles.

As Marines? We can eliminate some possible settings if Marines are involved.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#20 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

As Marines? We can eliminate some possible settings if Marines are involved.

Not necessarily true. I mean, it's a long shot, but the ODST's could still be alive if they were in the half of the ship the Chief is in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3: ODST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq