BLOPS multi > Halo 4 multi.

#42 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

You should be 343's new PR guy.

Why would they think ANYONE that has the pass would pay extra on top of that? You know how many other games have made you pay for extra maps on top of your season pass? Zero.

That's not true, off the top of my head I can tell your Forza has brought out DLC not included in their Season Pass. If another shooter hasn't done it that's because COD and Battlefield release them every year now so there's not enough time to get past a season.

#43 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Oh Cuse, I knew you weren't getting this. You're a BLOPS II bro now along with Nizzity and Blaze.

I haven't even played Black Ops II.  Go check my achievements if you don't believe me.

Sorry man, but I'm not willing to bend over backwards just because it's Halo.  You can't keep sticking your head in a hole pretending the world is crazy.  And I say that myself, as someone who is actually kinder on Halo 4 than most.  Maybe you're okay with 343i just viewing you as a breathing wallet, but I am not.

#44 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

That's not true, off the top of my head I can tell your Forza has brought out DLC not included in their Season Pass. If another shooter hasn't done it that's because COD and Battlefield release them every year now so there's not enough time to get past a season.

For cars only. Not maps and gametypes.

#45 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,016 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Borderlands 2 also did this, where you paid for the Season Pass, then when they did the next playable character, they said "Oh, it's not included in the SP.  Thanks for your $30 up front."

It's why I'll never buy a "season" pass again.  It used to be that a "season pass" meant you got the DLC that came out for the game, you pay for it up front, you save a few bucks.  Now, it means "Hey, if you read the fine print, you'll see that it entitles you to the first 4 DLCs we put out.  Since we put out DLC as soon as the game launches, you'll be lucky if this lasts you 4 months."

#46 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

I actually feel sorry for anyone that actually bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass. They haven't even announced anything for it yet.

#47 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Borderlands 2 also did this, where you paid for the Season Pass, then when they did the next playable character, they said "Oh, it's not included in the SP.  Thanks for your $30 up front."

It's why I'll never buy a "season" pass again.  It used to be that a "season pass" meant you got the DLC that came out for the game, you pay for it up front, you save a few bucks.  Now, it means "Hey, if you read the fine print, you'll see that it entitles you to the first 4 DLCs we put out.  Since we put out DLC as soon as the game launches, you'll be lucky if this lasts you 4 months."

It also means, "Hey, we're going to hold the best content back so you want to give us more money after the pass is over."

#48 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

I honestly think I'm the only person that owns BlOps 2

I own it, and for the most part I enjoy it.

#49 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

It also means, "Hey, we're going to hold the best content back so you want to give us more money after the pass is over."

The best content? Really, some armor skin?

I hate to break it to you Nizzity, but these are giant corporations who view everyone as a large breathing wallet. It's very simple to me, if I feel the content is worth it to me I'll buy it considering it's the only game I really play. I happen to think the two new maps look good, so that's why I'm getting them.

#50 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

I actually feel sorry for anyone that actually bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass. They haven't even announced anything for it yet.

I don't know, at least this way you know they really didn't start developing the DLC until after the game had launched.

Edited by Vanwadilion, 09 July 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#51 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

The best content? Really, some armor skin?

I hate to break it to you Nizzity, but these are giant corporations who view everyone as a large breathing wallet. It's very simple to me, if I feel the content is worth it to me I'll buy it considering it's the only game I really play. I happen to think the two new maps look good, so that's why I'm getting them.

I really don't understand how your argument works.  I say it's a bad value? "bu-bu-but The Pit!"  I say it's the best content?  "They're just skins!"  Come on Ivan, get real.  They didn't include the skins or maps they knew every single fan would want in the base game, or the DLC for a reason.  So yes, in a way they are holding back their best content.

That's fine if it's very simple to you. You're easy to please.  Just don't tell others they're being too difficult, when it's you who lowered your expectations to sub-par levels.

Edited by Nightshade, 09 July 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#52 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

The Pit doesn't even matter anymore because it's 100% broken by armor abilities, just like every other map in the game.

Also super slimy that they're selling armor sets at all, not to mention iconic ones that have been in the base game since customizing your armor was even a thing.

I'm not supporting that kind of shit.

#53 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, having to pay for the most iconic Halo armor eight months after the game launched is pretty shady.

#54 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, having to pay for the most iconic Halo armor eight months after the game launched is pretty shady.

QFmotherfuckingT

#55 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I really don't understand how your argument works.  I say it's a bad value? "bu-bu-but The Pit!"  I say it's the best content?  "They're just skins!"  Come on Ivan, get real.  They didn't include the skins or maps they knew every single fan would want in the base game, or the DLC for a reason.  So yes, in a way they are holding back their best content.

That's fine if it's very simple to you. You're easy to please.  Just don't tell others they're being too difficult, when it's you who lowered your expectations to sub-par levels.

My argument is that you're naive if you think that MS is the only one that views all fans as breathing wallets.

I agree with you, they should have included ODST, Mark V, Mark IV and some other permutations by default, but it's also not a conspiracy. Don't buy the armor skins, you're probably right it's not a good deal but you also don't need them to play the game. The maps on the other hand, they're less per map than any paid DLC in this game or previous Halo games so I would say it's a good value. If you don't like the game or maps, that's a totally different story but it doesn't make the maps a bad value.

#56 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, let's be honest about what's really going on here...

CoD sold a shit ton of skins for $2 a pop a few months ago, so this is just 343 following their newly established business model of "Make it like CoD."

#57 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

I didn't even know COD sold skins that way. Makes sense. It's  total novelty item but people have shown they're more than willing to pay for that. Just look at how many avatar items you can buy at $3+ a pop.

#58 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

DAMMIT FIX MY AVATAR RIGHTS IVAN RIGHT NOW PLEASE.  I LOVE YOU.  WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US? 

#59 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

lol, nevermind.  I'll just have to export stuff off of my iPad.

Where to?

INTO THE CLOUD!!!

Then onto my laptop.

#60 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

My argument is that you're naive if you think that MS is the only one that views all fans as breathing wallets.

I agree with you, they should have included ODST, Mark V, Mark IV and some other permutations by default, but it's also not a conspiracy. Don't buy the armor skins, you're probably right it's not a good deal but you also don't need them to play the game. The maps on the other hand, they're less per map than any paid DLC in this game or previous Halo games so I would say it's a good value. If you don't like the game or maps, that's a totally different story but it doesn't make the maps a bad value.

You are, literally, the worst person to debate with.  I give up.

Edited by Nightshade, 10 July 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq