Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

Yahoo! Games will exclusively unveil two new Halo 3 videos this week.

The first, entitled "Museum," depicts a former UNSC Marine reminiscing about a great battle he fought alongside Master Chief -- a battle players will get to experience first-hand in the upcoming action shooter.

The second video, entitled "Believe," will be the full-length version of an upcoming TV commercial that's part of the game's launch campaign. The additional footage will only be available to view on Yahoo! Games.

Launch schedule:
Wed 9/12, 9AM P.T.: "Museum" Video
Fri 9/14, 9AM P.T.: "Believe" Video

Check out these sneak peek snaps and check back later this week for the full reveals!

http://videogames.ya...com/news-529636

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was skeptical at first, but I'm really excited to see how this turned out.

#2 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

very cool. Was wondering when MC was going to start airing on TV. I want to see the believe one because the magazine ad was awesome for that. I ripped the magazine apart to get that ad and put it up on my wall.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

I really really can't wait for these.

#4 UyghurWolf

UyghurWolf
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

I wonder if their will be that many marines on screen in the game.

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

That looks awesome.

Edited by Syracuse022, 10 September 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#6 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

Even the screens make me a little vaclempt.

#7 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:33 AM

Looks just like the commercials for Halo 2, only in HD.

#8 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

the first one

#9 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

lazy link
First ad is up. It's way different than most advertisments for video games we see today....but if it does to me what it does to you....you'll want to play the game.

EDIT: Gamble beat me to it!!

Edited by Syracuse022, 12 September 2007 - 02:25 PM.

#10 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

lazy link
First ad is up. It's way different than most advertisments for video games we see today....but if it does to me what it does to you....you'll want to play the game.

EDIT: Gamble beat me to it!!

Why are your links always so lazy?

#11 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

the first one

Woah. That's awesome

#12 Plankton

Plankton
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

Damn... not even a glimpse of Chief?

I liked the idea behind it, but I can't help think the advert was anticlimactic... Still cool though, good idea and very different.

Guess I was hoping for something closer to the starry night trailer where the kids are talking followed by that awesome transition to MC/action - could have been similar in this - when the guy talks about chief, it could have cut to some sweet CG 'flashback' of the battle and then said 'BELIEVE'.

#13 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

Why are your links always so lazy?

Well back in the day before most people knew how to create links they would paste the URL. Since it was honestly so easy to create a link I use to do it. People started complaining about how you could just copy and paste URL's into the searchbar and be done. It was a 4 page topic in the Bungie.net forums like 5 years ago. Anyways long story short someone said well I like my links to be lazy and lazy link was born. I've used it ever since.

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

Bungie.net forums

Posted Image

#15 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

It explains a lot.

#16 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

I don't know if I should be insulted or just not care and use it cause it bothers you guys so much.

#17 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

You've not proven yourself to be particularly perceptive, nor have you given us any reason to believe that you value capitalization and spelling to the degree that we do. The same way I keep capitalizing your thread titles, I can very easily edit your posts so that instead of 'lazy link' it says something that sounds halfway intelligent. Your experiences at bungie.net probably didn't include encounters with things that fit that criteria, I'd wager, but we value it highly here, so get your shit together because I'll eventually get tired of editing. When that time comes, I will be a lot less kind and forgiving and different measures may have to be taken.

With that out of the way, the commercial: this baby belongs right up there with Mad World in my opinion - unorthodox, but very powerful. I would like to see a Director's Cut come out a few days after release, with short clips interspersed (during the time that they are panning over the diorama.) Someone suggested CG - forget that! Show the actual battlefield in-game, since the PR for this ad campaign claims this is a fight we'll take part in.

#18 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

I spell check every post I put up. It's done though my browser. So if it's wrong then it's the dictionary Firefox uses or just a general error. As for capitalization thats my fault. I work with Excel and Access all day where every field is capitalized and it just gets stuck in my head. Most times nobody every says anything but maybe I should take the time to learn, but fact is I don't have time to sit around and spell check my post all the time. I just like keeping up with a group of people that don't have to flame every time someone post something and half the topics are spam. My link says lazy link....so what is it really that big of a deal. just click it. Anyways I hate drawing things off topic so please P.M me if you want to yell at me as the reason i joined here was to get away from the spam in other forums. EDIT: forgot to post what I was going to post, I felt the ad was a bit slower paced than any other Halo ad I've ever seen. I hope Fridays ad kicks up the action.

Edited by quickshade, 12 September 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#19 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

I'm with Cuse on this one. It's another one of Microsoft's brilliant game advertising campaigns. I should've stopped being skeptical with Mad World, but hey, that's what I am. The Forza 2 ad really brought that through, and with this, they continue the tradition. Fantastic, offbeat, subtle, and extremely effective. Bravo, one of the best pieces of Halo advertising to have ever been produced. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

#20 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

Anyone else confused as to how he was firing the Warthogs turret when it was overturned?

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq