Photo

Criss Angel

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Illusionist or Satanist? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What is he?

1. Satanist (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Re-incarnation of Jesus (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Illusionist (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Other (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CandyKid

CandyKid

Welcome to the 60's!

• 99 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

Well, Criss Angel seems bigger than ever now, and seems to be the best magician in all time. I would say he is better than Houdini (who was born just a couple of hours away from me :thumbsup: ) Here, take a look at some of the crazy things he does: [post="[/post] and [post="[/post] and [post="http://www.youtube.c...IwcVAxZsU"]THIS[/post] and [post="http://www.youtube.c...CYH-snnZY"]THIS (some gore)[/post] Those are just a few of his tricks though, how do you think he does all of them? A simple illusion or more, a satanist? With powers beyond our mind could comprehend. Please post ideas thoughts ways his tricks work out, anything!

Edited by CandyKid, 09 November 2007 - 07:02 PM.

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

I hate to break it to you, but it's fake. Just like all of the other "magic" you see. Also, I hope this isn't a joke topic that I just fell for. Because then I'd be sad.

#3 CandyKid

CandyKid

Welcome to the 60's!

• 99 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Yes, but HOW DOES HE DO IT!?!?!?! If you can tell me any logical answer for any of those Video's, tell me please!!!!

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

It's called T.V. magic. None of it is real.

Oh, and also.

Posted Image
There is a false bottom. The rabbit was in the hat, the whole time.

#5 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

FYI. Illusionist = fake magic.

#6 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

Am I the only one who can't see any of the links? It might be because I'm using opera, but to me, all the links look like they link to "http://forums.ascend...findpost&pid=0" which gives me an error.

Edited by UHYVE, 09 November 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#7 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Am I the only one who can't see any of the links? It might be because I'm using opera, but to me, all the links look like they link to "http://forums.ascend...findpost&pid=0" which gives me an error.

Same.

#8 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

Yeah, links are broken. TV magic is special effects and optical illusions, in addition to other sneaky shenanigans.

#9 CandyKid

CandyKid

Welcome to the 60's!

• 99 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hrmmm, well since the others won't work maybe things like this will work just the code, nothing fancy... WATCH!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cYCYH-snnZY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0bK91Icf9s

#10 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

I watched the one where he hired this woman without legs to be his "volunteer." That was hilarious.

#11 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

It is all fake and EVERYONE is in on it.

#12 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

Worst thread ever....

#13 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

At the :43 mark, you'll a view from Criss's camera, angled at his feet. It then cuts directly to a shot from under his feet, pointed upward. There was no camera in the previous shot, looking down. It's a hard cut, there is no time lapse in between the two shots. But the second shot has a camera already positioned beneath his feet. A camera that was not there in the first shot. So either the cameramen are also magicians, or the event did not happen as the video shows it.

What I'm saying is that those two scenes reveal that it was shot and edited together in a way not true to how it really happened. There's no way you couldn't have seen the underwater camera in the first shot. Yes, you can see the cameraman in other shots, but in this particular instance, it cuts straight from a top-view shot to a bottom-view shot, and there's just no time for that camera to have gotten into position.

The giveaway for these types of things is always in the editing. The quick cuts, the different angles. You have to understand, when you change from one camera's shot to a different camera's shot, that could have been two hours of a time lapse (heck, in Lord of the Rings, there are cuts in a conversation between Sam and Frodo that were filmed years apart). There's no way for you to know. The people that make these shows get paid to make that happen; they know how to position people in the same postures, to wait for the wind to stop blowing so the trees are relatively similiar - they're trained to make it look like the cuts are instantaneous. But for those of us that think, it's obvious that the events are not as they appear to be.

At the 1:41 mark in this video, you'll see the woman crawling away, and on the right-hand side of the screen, you'll catch a glimpse of a camera just a few feet away from her. In the very next shot, you see a wider-angle view of the woman - but the camera that was next to her is nowhere to be found. This is just another example of a time lapse in between shots.

EDIT: I know this post probably wasn't necessary, but CandyKid seems to genuinely believe that this is real, so I figured I'd try my best to show him the evidence that leads to the conclusion we've all already arrived at.

Edited by Cocopjojo, 10 November 2007 - 12:59 PM.

#14 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

Criss Angel is the greatest magician ever. He somehow deceived the executives at A&E to put him on TV, and he's duped millions of people into watching his show (even me a few times) thus making him a multi-millionaire. Good fo' him, major props.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq