Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

So corporate.

When can we expect our friends and family beta invites? :D

#22 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, I think your profile carries over but you can't play with the populations on other platforms - kind of like what BF4 is doing.

Turns out this was WRONG and EA are greedy fuckers as per usual. Profile does not carry from PC version to console version, and you'll need to buy Premium TWICE if you're double-dipping.

If Activision forces your hand with a season pass, please make it work cross-platform at least, Cocop.

#23 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,690 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

The early support and enthusiasm for our latest game, DESTINY™, has been inspiring and humbling. I can't wait for Ascendant Justice to get their hands on DESTINY™, which releases September 9th, 2014.

See you starside.

See you GOFUCKYOURSELFTHISISALLYOURFAULTside.

#24 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Delayed due to PC port k thx.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

What's this talk of no stock arena multiplayer?

Say it ain't so. I get the whole MMO aspect of it, and I kind of get wanting to distance yourself from Halo, but are you really not going to include a classic arena mode?

Come on, son.

#26 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

If there aren't dogs named after every single AJ member, I'm burning my copy.

#27 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Tucker the Terrier.

#28 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

If there aren't dogs named after every single AJ member, I'm burning my copy.

What kind of threat is that?

No Nightshade the dog?  I'm buying used from Gamestop.  Actually, fuck that.  I'm buying used from some dude on Craigslist.  Get a free blow-jay and a copy of Destiny.  

Edited by Nightshade, 12 December 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#29 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

I thought there was an interview with Lars Bakken about the competitive multiplayer mode in the game. Sounds like it'll have "Supers" aka armor abilities and attributes which behave like perks. pffft, wtf this sucks. Thanks Obama.

#30 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

I thought there was an interview with Lars Bakken about the competitive multiplayer mode in the game. Sounds like it'll have "Supers" aka armor abilities and attributes which behave like perks. pffft, wtf this sucks. Thanks Obama.

But are they going to give us a game with a regenerating shield and health, with "5 seconds to kill an enemy" gameplay where the enemy takes off running?

#31 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bungie's Halo Reach B-team working on the multiplayer for Destiny? Sage Merrill and such have been wanting to make multiplayer games like Shadowrun since they made Shadowrun. That's why Halo Reach shifted its core gameplay away from what it traditionally was. I expect Destiny's multiplayer to be more similar to Shadowrun or Halo Reach than it is to traditional Halo or any other arena shooter, unfortunately. Maybe some random Bungie employee will register on the forums and let us know.

#32 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bungie's Halo Reach B-team working on the multiplayer for Destiny? Sage Merrill and such have been wanting to make multiplayer games like Shadowrun since they made Shadowrun. That's why Halo Reach shifted its core gameplay away from what it traditionally was. I expect Destiny's multiplayer to be more similar to Shadowrun or Halo Reach than it is to traditional Halo or any other arena shooter, unfortunately. Maybe some random Bungie employee will register on the forums and let us know.

Oh, hell naaaaw.

#33 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Oh, hell naaaaw.

My only evidence is from the vidoc they released a while ago. There's about five seconds of competitive multiplayer footage immediately followed by Sage Merrill's face.

#34 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I watched that interview with Bakken, too.

Some things stood out to me:

* he mentioned lower time to kill than Bungie's past games
* you have to play singleplayer before you can ever play multi
* supers which sound like powerweapons that you don't have to pick up 
* weapons obtained in singleplayer will transfer to multi, which sounds like dozens if not hundreds of weapons available, which while he talked about some way of leveling them out, sounds like a balancing nightmare

What I took from the interview is Bungie doesn't really care for their old multiplayer formula, and while this game could still be enjoyable, you will be disappointed if you expect anything like H1, 2, or 3.

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

RIP classic Halo multiplayer, then. With the Steam trilogy looking less and less likely, I'm afraid that it has been doomed to slowly fade into obscurity...

A sad day. I was hoping that Bungie would at least stay true to the old formula. Alas.

#36 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

I've heard that your boy Sage is in charge of multiplayer, so I don't have high expectations.

#37 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Are Activision being dicks or something? First Staten now Marty. I just... really want to blame Activision.

Seeing those two leave actually makes me kinda sad.

#38 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I saw the Marty news - that sounded like a firing. I did not see the Staten news - did he leave of his own accord?

#39 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

According to the press release, Staten left to "tackle new creative challenges", and I guess there must have been new creative challenges back at MS.

Side note: It blows my mind that the MS/Bungie split was 7 years ago.

Edited by UHYVE, 16 April 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#40 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

No way this had anything to do with Activision. Bungie insulated themselves as an independent company from a publisher running their business, they were very paranoid after MS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq