Photo

E3

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Legitimate question: Is there anything that could've been shown at all of E3 that even would've made you happy?

New IP's that don't look terrible.  Innovation.  Sequels to good games that also look good (which there were a few).  Consoles that actually give PC a run for it's money (for reference, the Xbox 360 was better than any GPU on the market when it came out).

This honestly was the best MS E3 presser since the Halo 3 days. No Kinect, no TV/Movie shit, no dashboard and avatar crap.

Actually it was a little below average, hence the 4/10.  It's just been a while since we've had an E3 that didn't completely suck, so it's easy to be confused.  Heck, as "good" as last year's E3 was, Sony only stole the show because they said they wouldn't completely screw over consumer rights.

I generally don't buy remakes if I own the originals.  I feel like it's a waste of money.  Graphics alone aren't a good enough reason for me.  Considering I don't play multiplayer as much anymore, that doesn't entice me either.

I can hear these two arguments now.  "Being cheap as a PC gamers LOLZ hypocrite!" and "Sacrifice graphics for price as a PC gamers LOLZ!"

PC gaming is MUCH cheaper than consoles if you do things correctly.  I've also always believed cost is more important than graphics.  With PC gaming, I don't have to choose.

"Fuck EA! 2/10 for cash cows!!!!"

followed by

"I wish Nubisoft showed Assassin's Creed for their whole show."

You forget that Assassin's Creed games are generally good and release in a mostly functional and finished state despite a yearly release.  EA's yearly released are the exact opposite, which is why they are more heavily criticized.  

I literally could not be happier that PC is Niterider's "platform of choice."

I haven't played with an AJ'er in ages even when I was fully capable of doing so.  Don't worry, you won't be hearing my sexy voice screaming about how bad your aim is anytime soon.

Quit rippin on my boy Noobrider.

I am quite capable of defending my rants, but thank you.

Just finished up the Sony conference and the score stands where it is.  Onto Nintendo! (LOLZ!).

Edited by Niterider, 10 June 2014 - 04:34 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#22 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

So Nintendo's conference was good, which was a shock to me.  Splatoon was the only new idea that stuck out just because it's unique.  Smash is always a good seller.  Bayonetta 2 including the original is nice for the fans after the nasty burn of exclusivity.  Zelda U was expected but knowing that it's open world is exciting.  I didn't think we'd get a sequel to Xenoblade, so that looked very good.  We also got a glimpse of what looks like the first non crap Starfox game we've seen in almost 15 years.  I swear, if Fox ever put's his feet on the ground during gameplay, I'll chuck that Wii U tablet out the window.

I'm going to give this one a 7/10.

#23 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Consoles that actually give PC a run for it's money (for reference, the Xbox 360 was better than any GPU on the market when it came out).

I've also always believed cost is more important than graphics.

wat

#24 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Ah yes, my favorite argument. "I don't like it so it's objectively terrible!" Just because you don't like a new IP doesn't make it bad.  Essentially anything that doesn't fit your biased opinion is universally bad. Quality argument. 

Which is fine. You can be all into the PC, it's really okay. I was merely mocking the fact that the only way you would've been happy was if PC suddenly became the center of E3 and not consoles.

#25 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well, i'm officially old. None of the newly announced games piqued my interest in the slightest. One big collective meh.

#26 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

wat

Que?

Ah yes, my favorite argument. "I don't like it so it's objectively terrible!" Just because you don't like a new IP doesn't make it bad.  Essentially anything that doesn't fit your biased opinion is universally bad. Quality argument. 

Which is fine. You can be all into the PC, it's really okay. I was merely mocking the fact that the only way you would've been happy was if PC suddenly became the center of E3 and not consoles.

I like how you picked one facet of my argument and ran with it instead of taking on the argument as a whole.  Not to mention that argument goes the other way around.  Which I already made the point already that we've been suffering from Kinect and "TV" based E3's for so long that we've lost perspective on what a good conference really is.

If there was another remastering of Star Wars, we'd be like "not this crap again...."  Most movie remakes get thrashed by critics for the cash grab it is.  And yet, in gaming people are eating remakes like candy.  Worse, we're seeing remakes on games made less than two years ago.  And they're pulling this from the guise of "we're sorry our console isn't backwards compatible."  That's a dangerous position for us to be in, as it does nothing for the consumer except empty wallets by tricking us into paying for the game twice.

I will give 343 credit though.  They are remaking games from 10 years ago which has more validity to it in of itself.  But they're also putting in a ton of effort.  That's partially why MS rates higher than Sony.  Sony's giving us "The Last of Us" which released last year.  How freaking dumb do they think we are? DURH, PRETTIER GRAPHICS DURH TAKE MY MONEY...

Your humor is understood.  But in all seriousness, all I want is for publishers to actually give a crap about PC, and that's the source of my frustration and criticism.  It's a rapidly growing platform that's being held back by companies like Infinity Ward producing inferior ports, Konami and Bungie excluding it entirely, and developers sacrificing graphics and gameplay due to console restrictions (Crytek).  And this time around the new consoles are very, very weak compared to hardware that existed when they launched, so the problem will be worse if this gen lasts as long as the last one did.

#27 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Nintendo's "conference" was a little underwhelming, outside of Splatoon (I need this) and open-world Zelda with an amazing art style (also need).

I'm meh on the figure thing until they do a Pokemon TCG-esque battler with them.

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

If there was another remastering of Star Wars, we'd be like "not this crap again...." 

If the original Star Wars trilogy was released remastered on blu ray with none of the special edition crap no one would say that.

#29 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Que?

I like how you picked one facet of my argument and ran with it instead of taking on the argument as a whole.  

I addressed the part I had a problem with and what was aimed at me. That should've be pretty clear. If you want to get on a soapbox and talk to an empty audience about things I didn't concern myself with? That's your choice, but I'm by no means required to address what I don't care to argue about.

And, for the record? You don't even remember what last years Microsoft E3 presser was like. Which was heavily games focused. You're referencing the Xbox One reveal. 

Edited by Nightshade, 10 June 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Damn Nightshade, quit being defensive. I feel like I'm back in high school. 

#31 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Damn Nightshade, quit being defensive. I feel like I'm back in high school. 

You're right. I'm being a bit snarky and could've delivered my point better.

#32 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

LOL, ok.

#33 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

E3 is happening again. Two conferences down. Here are some summaries:

Bethesda
  • New Doom game. 2016. Gameplay. Arena multiplayer. Rudimentary map creator on all platforms.
  • Dishonored 2 announced. Two protagonists with different abilities. CG Trailer. Dishonored Remaster also coming this autumn.
  • The Elder Scrolls Hearthstone Legends announced. Free-to-play card game.
  • Fallout Shelter announced. Fallout vault-management mobile game. Free. Out now on iOS. Trailer
  • Fallout 4 shown. November 10. Still using that ugly-ass Gamebryo engine. Gameplay. Building and crafting features. PC mods available on Xbox One.

Microsoft
  • Gears of 4 announced. Gameplay.
  • Gears of War Remaster announced. August 25. First game only (expect Gears 2 Remaster next year). 60fps might only be for multiplayer (it was unclear). Beta available later today for Gold members.
  • Halo 5 was there.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider shown. ~Gameplay.
  • Xbox One Elite Controller announced. Customizable controller bits. Remappable buttons or something. Trailer. Leet gamerz only.
  • RARE collection. 30 games. $30. August 4. Nostalgia.
  • New RARE game announced. Sea of Thieves. Not what anyone wanted, but I'm pretty interested. "Shared-world" pirate game. Trailer.
  • EA Access is free this week for Gold members.
  • Phil Spencer changed his shirt.
  • Minecraft with HoloLens demonstration.
  • Xbox 360 backwards compatibility announced. Limited number of games, but more will be added. Screenshot, video recording, and streaming integration. Multiplayer cross-compatibility. Announcement. Available soon for preview members.

#34 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

I'm giddy right now with all these Shenmue, FFVII and TLG rumors.

#35 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Way behind today, but that Doom 4 gameplay though. Fuck.

#36 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

WARNING: OPINIONS BELOW

Doom: Looks great visually, looks bland in terms of gameplay. Dumbed down with shitty QTE-esque takeout moves on low-health enemies. Looks nothing like classic Doom. Pretty lame.

Dishonored 2: CG, no opinions to give.

Elder Scrolls Card Gaem: lol

Fallout Non-game: iOS only, for now, so who knows?

Fallout 4: Fallout 3, is that you? Not really excited for this at all, for some reason... I loved F3, but nothing about this game has really struck me - seems like more of the same, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but...

"Gears" 4: Zzzzzzz.... Who thought this would make for a good reveal? If I recall, even the Gears 3 reveal was more exciting than this, and it was pretty hum-drum.

Halo 5: SO IMMERSIVE. Oh no, the bridge fell, dramatic moment!!! REMEMBER BUCK?! WOOOOW

Tomb Raider: Not a whole lot of variety in the demo, but it looked damn good.

Rare Collection: Worth it just for a dual-joystick version of Jet Force Gemini. I literally came inside of myself.

RARE Pirates: Could have been a shitty Kinect non-game. Color me interested on those grounds alone.

HoloLens: Actually looked pretty cool, at least as a tech demo. Maybe someday it will be practical in application.

Finally fucking backward compatibility. Hopefully a local solution and not a shitty streaming service like PlayStation Now.

#37 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Good notes. Thanks, guys.

#38 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

EA
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda announced. Cinematic trailer thing.
  • New Need for Speed.
  • Unravel announced. 2.5D platformer. Delightful. Gameplay trailer.
  • Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. New classes, maps, modes, etc. Free content updates. Gameplay.
  • Sports.
  • Mobile Games.
  • Sports.
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst officially announced. Feb 23, 2016. Trailer.
  • Sports.
  • This was literally the order of the things in their conference. Then EA's stream died on twitch. I'm assuming from too much sports.
  • Battlefront. Finally. November 17, 2015. Gameplay demonstration. Looks great.

Ubisoft
  • South Park: The Stick of 2th. Trailer.
  • For Honor announced. New IP. 3rd-person multiplayer sword fighting. Expect one of those classic Ubisoft Downgrades™. Gameplay reveal.
  • More of The Division. March 8, 2016 release. Beta early next year. PVP Gameplay.
  • Anno 2205. Most people probably don't know what Anno is, but this new one has the Moon. It's basically sci-fi SimCity.
  • More Rainbow Six Siege. Has Terrorist Hunt. Beta on Sep 24, 2015. TerroHunt Gameplay.
  • Trackmania on consoles.
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate was there. Ubisoft wants you to care about this game.
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands announced. Open-world. Vehicles. Co-op. Drug cartels. Doesn't look like Ghost Recon. Does look like a big 'ol "eh". Gameplay Trailer.

Edited by Blaze, 15 June 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#39 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Massive Boner: The Effect: Maybe they actually learned something from their mistakes. From what little we've seen, it looks super promising. Cautiously optimistic. 

Ned for Sped: Another year, another shitty NFS game. Yawn.

Unravel: Being the sucker that I am for artsy games, I will probably play this. Looks really neat, I think.

Mirror's Edge: Looks like... Mirror's Edge. They claim it's a reboot, but it looks like more of the same to me. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. Some of the combat sequences look pretty disorienting in first person, which was one of my biggest issues with the first game, so... we'll see.

Battlefront: Really wish they had shown some third-person stuff. Looks awesome otherwise, and I'm super excited to play it. DICE is unrivaled when it comes to sound design, and this game is certainly no exception. Let's hope it isn't plagued by horrible bugs on launch...

For Honor: Looks fucking dope. A little too good to be true, in fact. I don't think it's going to work so well when faced against Walmart internet. I foresee a lot of frustrating deaths in this game's future.

The Division: Best watched on mute. Let's hope that the writing for the game isn't as bad as these scripted trailers. Looks like it got a bit of a downgrade, to nobody's surprise. Interest waning.

Rainbow Six: Terrorist Hunt has been clinically proven the best mode in R6 since its inception, and I doubt that this game will be any exception. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ass Creed: Ubi sure ran this one into the ground, didn't they? What a joke.

Ghost Recon: Looks great visually, but Blaze is right - it looks nothing like Ghost Recon. Oh well...

#40 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Sony wins.

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Shenmue 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq