E3

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,939 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

Only standouts were God of War (unsurprisingly), Monster Hunter World, and the Shadow of the Colossus Remake.

The rest was ENDLESS TRASH

GAF has the worst fucking taste, by the way. I hate myself so much that I continue to subject myself to it on a daily basis. Please save me.

Edited by Drew, 12 June 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#142 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

Dragon Ball Z is for DWEEEEBS. Drew being interested is further proof.

I need something to be worthwhile fighting game wise. Game play looked nice.

Skull & Bones doesn't seem to be a jaunty pirate adventure game like Sea of Thieves -- it's mainly PVP naval combat. It's not even clear if you'll be able to control anything besides a ship.

True, we'll see what else they have up there sleeve with the game.
--

Sony is slow as fuck at updating their youtube channel with what they just presented, so most of these links are stream rips.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Yup, looks like an Uncharted game. 

Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds

I'll eventually get around to playing the base game.

Days Gone

I'm burnt out on zombie games, but it looked nice.

Monster Hunter World

I really don't know what to think about this. May watch the trailer a time or two again.

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Looks beautiful, but the controls will still be shit.

God of War 4

Day one.

Piderman

Definitely scripted, lots of quick time stuff. I'll still likely pick it up.

Kind of a lukewarm Sony conference compared to previous years.

Agreed.

Also, Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite looks like a mobile game. How embarrassing.

#143 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

Yes, the LGs are the best OLED sets on the market for gaming currently. They have by far the lowest input lag of any set on the market. See this chart for reference. Samsung has the best image quality (they trade blows with Sony's sets in most tests) but have much worse input lag, even in game mode.

I looked at the same info about the LG OLEDs for input lag and that sealed the deal for me. I don't agree that Samsung has the best image quality, I think that goes to the LG OLEDs also as they do much better black levels and each pixel is individually lit for a more accurate picture.

#144 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

Nintendo

Kirby Switch
A core Pokemon RPG is in development for the Switch. More than a year away. No other information was given.

Metroid Prime 4
Yoshi Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Very anime trailers:
Rocket League Switch
  • Cross network play

Super Mario Odyssey

#145 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,939 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

Metroid Prime 4 is everything I could have hoped for out of this event. Disappointed there was no mention of Smash, but Metroid being alive more than makes up for it.

I looked at the same info about the LG OLEDs for input lag and that sealed the deal for me. I don't agree that Samsung has the best image quality, I think that goes to the LG OLEDs also as they do much better black levels and each pixel is individually lit for a more accurate picture.

I was going by in-person impressions, but that was last year. I'm always afraid to go into the TV section because I don't want to walk out with something in my cart... Reading reviews about the 2017 models, it seems that there has been a significant improvement over the 2016 sets. It looks like LG is trying to position themselves as Panasonic did with plasma.

I'm really looking forward to the next few years in TV tech, things are really starting to get interesting again.

Edited by Drew, 13 June 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#146 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

I just need RDR 2 and this new God of War, then I can RIP.

#147 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

Guys, help me.  I'm doing that thing again.

That thing where I get excited for Call of Duty.  I haven't played a game of COD since Advanced Warfare.  I completely skipped Blops 3 and peaced out on Infinite due to the MWR debacle.

But this WW2 game with its new War mode looks like a heck of a time.

Somebody tell me that Activision is doing Supply Drops and that whole mess, and I'll be unable to care about CoD once more.

Edited by JCTucker, 14 June 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#148 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

I just need RDR 2 and this new God of War, then I can RIP.

Same. Plus Destiny 2. Also semi-hopeful for Anthem.

#149 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,939 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Guys, help me.  I'm doing that thing again.

That thing where I get excited for Call of Duty.  I haven't played a game of COD since Advanced Warfare.  I completely skipped Blops 3 and peaced out on Infinite due to the MWR debacle.

But this WW2 game with its new War mode looks like a heck of a time.

Somebody tell me that Activision is doing Supply Drops and that whole mess, and I'll be unable to care about CoD once more.

Details about the Headquarters mode:

http://www.eurogamer...rafts-orgrimmar

• Michael Condrey really loved going to Orgrimmar in World of Warcraft, and given the growing popularity of towns in shooters, thought it would be a good thing to add to Call of Duty.
  • The town contains 48 players at a time.
  • The town has a bunch of quest givers who give you missions. These include the recruitment officer, the challenge officer, and the division officer.
  • These missions range from one time things like "create your first emblem" to daily challenges.
  • There are also social quests that just try to get you in various missions like "go play 1v1" or "go play Nazi Zombies".
  • All of these quests give you various rewards.
  • The town has a firing range that all 48 players can participate in at once if they like.
  • There's also a 1v1 dueling pit in town to emulate the idea of having duels in an MMO town.
  • You can talk with other people in town via voice chat, quick chat, or "era-appropriate emotes".
  • There's a new commendation system that feeds into a social score. You can give commendations for anything ranging from being a good player to being friendly to having a cool emblem.
  • Having a high social score will reward you with things like new gear pieces, new title cards, or medals among other things. I think this segment also implies your social score displays prominently somewhere or something similar.
  • They're hoping that the social score is another thing for players to tie their identity to instead of just their k/d ratio.
  • There's an in-game mail system where the game mails you various rewards as part of an effort to send you to the town. This helps get you into the social community more and also causes you to pick up your dailies and etc.
  • There's also a grouping mechanic in town to help you find groups you might like to play with. You can send out a town-wide notification if you, for example, have two people and want some more partners to go play zombies.
  • The Prestige system also takes place in town. Instead of going to a menu to prestige, you go to some kind of stage in the town where a general awards you and the entire hub gets to see you prestige.
  • They're also considering seasonal events for the town. For example, there might be VE Day festivities.
  • It sounds like they're still considering additional things for this mode in general.

#150 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,689 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Beyond Good and Evil 2 being a prequel deflated all my hype for it. That goddamn cliffhanger ending of the first game keeps me awake sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq