Teaser trailer

Big ass sword hype!

#2 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:41 PM

Anyone actually buying this? I was lukewarm on the beta, but reviews seem to rave about the game. Debating this or Civ6.

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

Apparently this is the best single player game in a generation, based on some reviews and news I've seen.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Anyone actually buying this? I was lukewarm on the beta, but reviews seem to rave about the game. Debating this or Civ6.

Bought it. Like it. Single player campaign is one of the best I've played in a long while and that's in light of the fact I recently played Gears of War 4 which I also liked a lot. I went from never wanting Titanfall to have a single player to considering it an expectation going forward. It's even got a Modern Warfare inspired training course that people compete for times on that it really fun.

As for the multiplayer, I was never as disturbed by some of the changes as other people were. I've been enjoying that too. 

#5 deftech

deftech

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

What platform did you get it on?

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

I bought it on PC today, still waiting for the download to finish. 

#7 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

What platform did you get it on?

Xbox One.

#8 deftech

deftech

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

Word. Bought it on Xbone yesterday, not bad thus far. Strange that their isn't any stat tracking for the MP.

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

Finished the campaign today, probably my favorite FPS campaign since CoD 4 (right alongside DOOM). It's a well-done bread and butter shooter story until about halfway through, then your guy finds a special thing and they shove you ferociously onto the crazy train. The last half of the single player I finished in one marathon session because I had a big stupid grin on my face at the amazingly ridiculous set pieces, platforming puzzles, and firefights. And the Titan you become buddies with, and whose story arc goes exactly how you expect it to go, gave me some feelgood "The Iron Giant" vibes the moment he started talking. The story also does a really great job of slowly introducing all the Titan loadouts you'll see in multiplayer so you get plenty of practice with each one. Speaking of, I never thought I'd fall for another twitch shooter again but Titanfall 2 just feels so damn good to play, on foot (or walls) or in a Titan. It's obvious this is made by the guys behind the best Call of Duty games.

The sad thing is, the game isn't selling that well because of the hilariously dumb decision by EA to put it out right after Battlefield 1 and the new CoD. This is the most fun I've had playing a shooter in almost a decade (which, after Overwatch and then DOOM, is the 3rd time I've said that this year) and I'm afraid Titanfall 2 isn't going to get the attention it deserves by the masses. Fingers crossed the community doesn't peter out too quickly.

Buy this game you scrubs, and do it on PC so we can play together!

#10 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

No tengo PC, but am probably going to take the plunge on PS4 since multiple people here seem to be liking the campaign. That multiplayer beta was pretty whack, though, not going to lie. I'll just stick with Destiny for my MP kicks.

#11 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

What was up with the tech test? I never got the chance to play it. I've heard from a few people that it wasn't very good, and also heard from people who bought it that Respawn made a ton of changes based on outcry about it.

#12 deftech

deftech

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Bad maps (not great in the full game either), the Titan spawns were on a timer that you couldn't have any influence over, TTK, differences from Titanfall 1 (no shield for titans, etc.).

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:48 AM

Finished the campaign today, probably my favorite FPS campaign since CoD 4 (right alongside DOOM). It's a well-done bread and butter shooter story until about halfway through, then your guy finds a special thing and they shove you ferociously onto the crazy train. The last half of the single player I finished in one marathon session because I had a big stupid grin on my face at the amazingly ridiculous set pieces, platforming puzzles, and firefights. And the Titan you become buddies with, and whose story arc goes exactly how you expect it to go, gave me some feelgood "The Iron Giant" vibes the moment he started talking. The story also does a really great job of slowly introducing all the Titan loadouts you'll see in multiplayer so you get plenty of practice with each one. Speaking of, I never thought I'd fall for another twitch shooter again but Titanfall 2 just feels so damn good to play, on foot (or walls) or in a Titan. It's obvious this is made by the guys behind the best Call of Duty games.

The sad thing is, the game isn't selling that well because of the hilariously dumb decision by EA to put it out right after Battlefield 1 and the new CoD. This is the most fun I've had playing a shooter in almost a decade (which, after Overwatch and then DOOM, is the 3rd time I've said that this year) and I'm afraid Titanfall 2 isn't going to get the attention it deserves by the masses. Fingers crossed the community doesn't peter out too quickly.

Buy this game you scrubs, and do it on PC so we can play together!

Good writeup. Any idea how long the campaign took you to beat? May try and hit the Redbox over a slow weekend and get through the campaign. Battlefield 1 is taking up the multiplayer time at the moment. 

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

Campaign probably took me about 5 hours playing on the game's second-highest difficulty setting. You can get through it in a few sittings.

#15 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,008 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

Who wants this game on Xbone?

#16 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

I need to clarify that you will be playing with me, Nightshade, and Deftech as the cost of getting a free game. 

#17 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

One last caveat, it is a physical copy, so you have to be comfortable with JCTucker from the Internet knowing your mailing address.

#18 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

I need to clarify that you will be playing with me, Nightshade, and Deftech as the cost of getting a free game. 

Not worth it.

#19 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Damn, don't everyone bite at once.

#20 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

Ha, I'd be down but am afraid I wouldn't be on and playing enough to justify the charitable gift. If no one claims it and you're still interested in offloading it, I'd be willing to purchase it from you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq