• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#81 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Opinions on Dust, Terraria, and Dishonored?

Dishonored is an amazing game.  It's also a better stealth game than the last two Splinter Cells.  I'd highly recommend it.  

#82 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Because furries.

I felt the same way until it was on sale and I played it, and it's awesome. And, you know, a boner.

#83 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I can play as a boner? Finally, a game that listens to the masses.

#84 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Well, this steam sale sucked. It was mostly the same games being recycled between dailies, flash sales, and community choice. I think I bought about four games (two of which I already own on 360) which costed me a little more than $10. I spent more money on the Xbox Live sale, which is pathetic. Where are the franchise collections and publisher catalogs for 80% off? Not here, Kinetic. Why? Because this summer sale was a trojan horse for trading cards; almost all the daily deals were games with trading cards because it makes Valve extra monies when people sell them. God damnit, Valve.

Also, buy Chivalry you fucks. It's like $6.

#85 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Sell me on Chivalry, because the trailers sure don't.

#86 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Sell me on Chivalry, because the trailers sure don't.

Agreed, looks terrible.

#87 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

If you have no interest in a good, competitive first-person melee combat game with depth and strategy, then I won't be able to sell you on anything. It might help if you have any sort of appreciation for unique games, because there's nothing else like it. But if screaming your head off as you slice another guy's off with a giant sword doesn't sound fucking great, then that sucks for you. Also, the devs have been supporting it with free DLC.

Deftech, you are impossible and I will never convince you to do anything ever because you hate fun more than I do, Mr. Fuck-All-Rockstar-Games.

#88 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Bought Chivalry today when I saw the concept of 1st person melee multiplayer. Sign me up for that shit any day of the week for that price.

I don't have any other Steam sale to relate this one to, but I feel I came out with a good haul. Everything Dark Souls for $8 (which doesn't fucking launch for some reason), Sleeping Dogs w/ some DLC for $9, Chivalry for $6, everything possible pertaining to Just Cause for $6, upgrade to the Civ V Gold Edition for $5, and (of course) Surgeon Simulator 2013 for $3. Yeah, I don't give a shit about cards or anything and felt they were thrown in my face way too much, but as a baby PC gamer I was way too CHEAP ASS GAMES WEEEEEEEEE to notice.

#89 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

I actually picked up quite a few items.  Counterstike: Condition Zero, Dishonored, Skyrim DLC, FTL, I am Alive, Mirror's Edge, System Shock 2, and X-Com.

One of my friends bought me Infestation: Survivor Stories.  I had completely forgotten when I accepted the gift that's it just "The War Z" renamed.  Crap, now that garbage is going to infect my library forever.  At least I can confirm for myself the game is sheep spooge.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#90 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,034 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

You always remember your first

Steam Summer Sale.

#91 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Terraria, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Age of Empires III + Age of Empires II Bundle, FTL: Faster Than Light.

It was alright. Blaze you should teach me the ways of the sword, I want to get into Chivalry.

#92 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Alice: Madness Returns, Botanicula, Civ 5 Gold Upgrade, Chaos On Deponia, Deadlight, Deponia, Deus Ex: Human Revolution + Missing Link, FEZ, Front Mission Evolved, FUEL, Giana Sisters, Half Minute Hero, Kerbal Space Program, Lunar Flight, Machinarium, Mark of the Ninja, Monaco, Mount & Blade, Osmos, Prison Architect, Quantum Conundrum, Rayman Origins, Samorost 2, Sang-Froid, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sonic 4, The Swapper, Terraria, Thief 1+2+3, Under The Ocean, Unepic, Universe Sandbox.

Some of these games I have already... what's wrong with me!?

#93 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

You can't escape.

Also, this.

#94 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Blaze and I have begun playing Endless Space if anyone wants to get in on this hot 4X action.

#95 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I finally got a headset for the PC and just downloaded Skype.  My name is Valavingee on it if anyone else uses it.

#96 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,034 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

Just added you.

#97 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I tried to consolidate everyone who posted their Steam ID in this thread. I was trying to find a central location where ids were at, but only a few have explicitly posted them. Otherwise I just assumed you used the same name if you posted in this thread, I denoted those with a question mark. I'm sensitive to privacy, if you really just don't want your Steam ID listed here, tell me and I'll remove it.

I've been playing as nomadic. I like to play the latest CS, but I'll get on these runs were I get really impressed with myself and then I'll end up like 7 -21 the next round and it will crush all desire to play the game for the next few weeks.

I recently realized that out of the big shooters, the only game that I want to play that isn't coming to computers is Destiny (hasn't been ruled out) and Bungie's old series. However, I never even played Reach or 4, and with all the criticism I've heard here and else where I guess I can live without it.

It makes me sad, but I'm pretty sure I might just skip the x1 and spend that $600+ on getting a better computer setup. It is wild how cheaply you can get a setup which will just crush 1080p games and a lot of people even play at higher resolutions than that. I've been seeing news that Bf4 will hit 60 frames but likely won't even be 1080p on consoles, which I had just assumed, and it makes me seriously question whether we will see a lot of 1080p this generation as developers push for improved graphics, while on on Windows we will be seeing games pushing higher and higher resolutions.

Only downside is I love the console experience and oddly enough love using controllers for shooters (those triggers), but what can you do?

Enough of my rant, the Steam id list is below. I'm willing to update it, even add other platforms. It *might* be useful as its own post in an expanded/improved form.

aander91 - aander91 ?
Arcys - Arcys ?
Blaze - Blaze ?
deftech - defsoldout
Drew - DrewMcDuffy
DualX - DualX2
Gamble - Gamble?
JCTucker - JCTucker ?
Jironimo - Jironimo
Kinetic - dockinetic 
mattacus - oldmattacus
Merguson - Merguson ?
Nightshade - Nightshade1765
Niterider - niterider98 
phreak - nomadic
Self Induced - self_induced37
SharpeWolfe - SharpeWolfe ?
Slightly Live - iamdani@gmail.com 
UHYVE - uhyve 
Vanwadilion - Vanwadilion 

Edited by phreak, 03 September 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#98 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Mine is defsoldout.

#99 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

dockinetic for me.

#100 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Mine is oldmattacus.

Don't bother with Ivan. I sent him an invitation over a year ago, still no response...maybe it's just me, though.

And don't listen to the comments on here to keep you from playing Reach and H4. They're both extremely well-done games, with engaging stories and tight gameplay. The perspective on this forum is skewed by too-intense loving of the source material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq