Halo: The movie

Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:43 PM

OMFGOMFGOMFG...

GO NOW

He's a pretty good director...YAY! I really hope they do this well...

#2 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:04 PM

I don't care how good he is, he better know that Halo is material floating in the most dangerous of waters. In order for this movie to succeed, Bungie needs to have supreme authority over the project. Right now I'm skeptical. If they're having somebody other than Steve Downes do the voice of the Master Chief, it will suck. All they need is some 7' guy with the right build of MC and have Steve do the voice-overs. All Cortana needs to be is a computer animated hologram with Jen Taylor's voice. These are just basic things the movie needs. As of now I don't know how this will turn out. I'm hoping for the best though.

• Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:15 PM

I would hardly consider that official.

#4 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:01 PM

But we can hope, can't we?

• Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:08 PM

Did I say it was?

#6 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:36 PM

I can't put my foot on such unsolid grounds. I have no opinion other than: I doubt it. Thanks for keeping us informed Kunae.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

• Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:31 PM

-,Dec 7 2004, 01:01 AM]

But we can hope, can't we?

I hope not, it would just further destroy the story.

#8 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:58 PM

Bright side is: Bungie is one of the first companies to realize the benefits of not making their game into a film. Keeping safe; there's nothing wrong with that.
I got your back, Dual.

• Guests

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:06 AM

You know, it could be done. If they just don't twist the plot and stick some shitty actors together who aren't into their roles... eh, yeah. If it does get announced, I'll go, but I won't have high hopes.

#10 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:59 PM

This was going to come, everyone knew it. Halo is a cash cow whether we like it that way or not. Let's just hope they don't drop the ball. For those who doubt the possibility of it, this link here solidifies it more so, as well I saw a quicklink to an announcement thread at one of the official forums on Bungie's main page the other day.

My concern lies not in whether or not this is real, because irregardless, this was bound to happen. It, however does lie in the fact even with Ridley Scott pulling the direction (he did Gladiator and Black Hawk Down) there's still a lot of room for error. He hasn't been signed either, so any number of half-wit directors could plow this potentially awesome film into the ground. I would like to see the game cast be installed to some degree, and the writers of the game (possibly Eric Nylund doing the script) taking a large part in designing the story. Basically, they have to implement Halo: Combat Evolved and possibly Halo 2 since this movie is scheduled to come out around the same time as PS3 (late 2006) and thereby accompanying Halo 3 for the next Xbox.

One thing I do know for certain. I don't want this to be a video game movie or a sci-fi movie. I want it to be a war movie, because at heart, that's what Halo is.

#11 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:01 PM

I could see it as the next chapter to the story. MC, Earth and the Elites collide efforts to find the Ark, stopping Truth and his Brutes from activating the rings.
I got your back, Dual.

#12 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:44 PM

Perhaps. Yeah, they could play it off like a book, connected to the games while the games remain disconnected from them. I'm thinking they'll cover the discovery of Halo and somehow try to mesh Halo:Combat Evolved and Halo 2 in one cohesive story.

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:56 AM

That IMDb wasn't there when I found the first link. Yeah, that means that it's more than just an idea.

#14 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:14 AM

it looks like imdb just followed the meaningless example of movies.com. And as for Ridley Scott, that's just a rumor. If there's any proof, let's see it. I blame this all on those idiots in New Mombasa who think a Halo movie will bear their children. I still get occasional personal messages from those retards concerning my realistic yet discouraging comments in their thread. Nevertheless, while I used to believe a Halo movie to be an impossibility, after the rushed, juicy fart of a plot that is the Halo 2 story, any dearth of dramatic integrity has now entered the realm of the imminently possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq