• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#21 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the summary, been at work all day here in the UK, cant access most gaming sites through work's firewall, get home and everything looks like its been deleted. Nevermind.

What elite variations were there? Based on previous armour or brand new?

One elite's helmet looked like the back of the Plasma Rifle with two wing-like things sticking out of the sides.

The Elites are bigger than humans in Halo 3. But with their hunched back, I guess it balances out the headshots.

#22 broony

broony
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

One elite's helmet looked like the back of the Plasma Rifle with two wing-like things sticking out of the sides.

The Elites are bigger than humans in Halo 3. But with their hunched back, I guess it balances out the headshots.

Arrrrgggh

Im not asking where it is, but can someone tell me if this is still out there, an hour of looking and still nothing.

Thanks for the replies, sounds cool.

#23 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

Need links to screens....

#24 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

That was quick. I'm glad I saved them when I did. This news is just amazing. This game is well worth my $130 purchase.

Edited by DualX2, 18 July 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#25 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

The Elephant - This is a base that can be driven around the map, but also holds the respawns and the flag/cap point. It adds another layer of strategy to the multiplayer matches, particularly CTF-based matches.

A base that can be driven?

I don't fully understand this concept... I'll need to see something like pictures..

#26 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

I don't fully understand this concept... I'll need to see something like pictures..

That actually sounds a lot like what they did in the "Titan Mode" of Battlefield 2142 where the Commander can actually control the movement of his team's Titan aircraft, as well as artilary fire and supply drops, but this isn't the case for Halo 3. =P

#27 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Just imagine a three-story tall building on wheels. Something so huge that drives very very slow but also has your flag and spawn points in it.

It sounds so awesome to me and is really going to make some really gun gametypes.

This concept. but no dump-truck aspect and HUGER

Posted Image

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

Bungie compares it to a Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars in the article. If you've seen Star Wars you know how slow these things move and how they look inside. It's perfect for a moving base. I can't wait!

Posted Image

#29 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

The Elephant Base on Sandtrap is probably one of the coolest things I've heard about Halo 3 so far. I can't wait for that map.

#30 fishdabaz

fishdabaz

Honor Guard Elite

• 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Pics?
Frogblast The Ventcore!

#31 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:07 PM

Pics?

No?

Forum Rules.

6) Items such as beta hex code and screenshots from newly released articles, which are not intended for public consumption at this time, are not allowed. We will handle this in a case-by-case basis and do not have a problem with cross linking from another forum or site, but don't ask for anyone to host images, footage or content that shouldn't be publicly released at this time. If you have questions about this, please contact one of the Admins.

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 18 July 2007 - 05:10 PM.

#32 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

Pics?

No linking here. Your on your own, sorry.

#33 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

My source took his pics down. But I've already seen most of the new stuff.

#34 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

I can already see the millions upon millions "I'm in ur Elephant, campin' ur spawnz!" picture possibilities.

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

What I'm most interested in is the friggin' Hornet. It can carry three people, but is somehow equal to the Banshee? Sorry, but that sounds a little unbalanced to me.

#36 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

What I'm most interested in is the friggin' Hornet. It can carry three people, but is somehow equal to the Banshee? Sorry, but that sounds a little unbalanced to me.

It all depends on the weapons capability. It might be that it relies more on the passengers for firepower, with just a weak man cannon for the pilot to use. Until we know it's full maneuvering and firepower capabilities I'm holding off worrying about it.

#37 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, I'll wait till I get my EGM (I'm a subscriber so hopefully I'll get it early) those pics are blurry as hell... can't make much out of them.

#38 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

Unbalanced? Apart from the fact that we have no idea really how it'll function, the Hornet isn't meant to be a counterbalance against the Banshee, but rather the counterbalance against another Hornet, on the opposite side of the map. Bungie doesn't parse vehicles across the UNSC/Covenant platforms for balancing purposes (like they do with weapons sometimes), but rather for fictional reasons. If we're playing multiplayer, Bungie will more than likely have identical vehicles for all teams.

After really using the Banshee, I've found it far from powerless in the beta (and I'm sure that was your experience as well Drew). The mixture of agility, alongside the newly implemented plasma mortar in multiplayer, really make the vehicle effective and fast, something I feel like the Hornet won't match overall.

I think we're getting a boost-less (relatively slow), primary-weapon only (no mortars) troop carrier that's reasonably swift and good at moving across the map, but no where near as agile or proficient as the Banshee is during aerial combat.

#39 Plankton

Plankton
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

It'll be a sweet way to capture the flag (assuming you can get in a passenger spot with the flag), making for sweet extractions and such. Just watch out for missile pods... I can't wait, I always thought they'd put in some kind of human chopper type vehicle.

#40 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

You're right Plankton. Those things would really change CTF. This game is going to be freaking epic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq