• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

http://www.amazon.co...f us remastered

Hell ya. I never played the PS3 version so this is going to be like getting a new AAA release to me. I am looking forward to playing it, especially the mp which everyone talks about.

#2 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

That's weird. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talking about the MP. lol

So is this just the same game with better graphics? Like they did with Tomb Raider?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#3 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,044 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Same boat. Wish it would come to PS+ free

#4 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

It apparently will be 1080p and they are aiming at 60 frames. It seems like most of the additional content comes with the game, too.

http://blog.us.plays...s4-summer-2014/

I wonder if this will be to the PS4 what Titanfall has been to the X1. It isn't a new game, but still within launch window and there's a lot of people out there who didn't play the original but have heard the hype.

My PS4 is currently only used for Netflix and Prime. Will be nice to have something new.

Edited by phreak, 09 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#5 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

I hope this drives down the price of the PS3 version.  I've been holding out because I'm cheap.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,698 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

I never played it on PS3, now I probably have no valid reason not to.

#7 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, I kind of figured this was going to happen so have been holding out to buy it.  I'm still hoping this is going to happen with Arkham Origins as well.

#8 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Definitely one of the best games of last generation... I'm looking forward to replaying it again.

#9 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

This hits 7/29.

Between this and Halo 1234 I'm pretty happy this fall.

http://www.naughtydo...d_release_date/

Edited by phreak, 10 June 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

Yesterday when they showed the trailer this game looked more next-gen than anything anyone has out right now. It looks stunning.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Only downside is that we have to wait until next E3 before we see anything on TLoU2.

#12 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

http://www.reddit.co..._review_thread/

Getting some rave reviews (granted they all basically say the game was great on the PS3 but 60 frames and 1080p are just icing on the top, but still).

Midnight can't come fast enough.

#13 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I also saw that GameStop is doing a 50% trade in bonus with the original. I may just take them up on that.

#14 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

I get my copy tomorrow. Should be neat!

#15 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

Holy shit. First impressions are this game is amazing (the multiplayer at least).

I love the stealth, the fear, the methodical style of the game as opposed to so many other shooters.

I can't describe it. Gears of War + Splinter Cell? Sounds stupid but it is fun. First unique multiplayer I've experienced in a long time.

#16 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

Man I love the MP in this game.

It is the closest I've seen to two of my favorite multi experiences: Splinter Cell (stealth) and Brothers in Arms (flanking and positioning). And like I said, it has the brutality and third-person aspect of Gears. It even pulls me way back into the days of Rainbow Six on a 56k.

I'd take this over Cod, Battlefield, Killzone, or a million other generic shooters any day.

Yes, this post is pretty much a rephrashing of the last, but man...

Edited by phreak, 30 July 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#17 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

I remember playing those brothers in arms matches JP. We won a lot of matches it was awesome.

#18 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Think I'm gonna try getting into the multiplayer this time around, I never even touched it on the PS3 version.

#19 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Think I'm gonna try getting into the multiplayer this time around, I never even touched it on the PS3 version.

It was plagued by horrible performance problems, which hopefully won't be an issue this go 'round.

I'm definitely giving it another shot after I finish campaign again.

#20 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

I'm addicted. From 8 pm to 3 am I kept telling myself, "One more round". The only thing that stopped me from playing was some kind of error which kicked me out of the game, which I've never had before. Amazing.

Also, there is an option to lock fps to 30 (I guess some people really want that?). I've never been a person to care about fps before and that's because I've never had a way to easily compare 30 to 60. However, I locked to 30 for about a minute and it was borderline unplayable. Once again, I've never actually been able to tell the difference, but if you actually compare like that it's unbelievable. I'm guess if I turned on Killzone right now and played the SP which is 30 frames it wouldn't bother me as much as the same game, but I'm a little worried that I'm gonna become one of those fps fanatics.

It's almost a shame this was released on the PS3. If this was a brand new release on the PS4 and not a remaster, this would be a system seller, if it isn't anyway.

Edited by phreak, 01 August 2014 - 12:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq