Halo 4: Dark Planetoid Rising

Halo 4

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

It's probably a strategic move. Microsoft leaves us all waiting until Wednesday for the Bungie announcement, thereby quieting any buzz that the Sony and Nintendo keynotes create. It's also possible that this game is multiplatform and has nothing to do with Halo?

#42 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

I believe that when Bungie left, they said that Microsoft pretty much has first dibs on exclusivity (I'm quite certain that is not the correct legal terminology). So, the game going multiplatform/exclusive to a non-MS console would be pretty unlikely. I was just messin earlier.

#43 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

IIRC, Bungie stated that they would continue to make 360 exclusive games. I don't remember anything saying they couldn't make games for all consoles. MS owns the Halo IP, and Bungie will create new games exclusively for the 360 and future MS consoles, but they regained their independence to be able to make other games. I would imagine that to mean other games for all consoles. Bungie could make a lot more money if they make a game that becomes a big as Halo for all consoles.

#44 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

I believe that when Bungie left, they said that Microsoft pretty much has first dibs on exclusivity (I'm quite certain that is not the correct legal terminology).

I'm pretty sure Microsoft only has exclusivity rights on any game Bungie releases within the Halo IP, not new IPs.

The countdown on b.net seems to finish around the time of the Sony keynote.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#45 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Engadget lists Sony's Keynote as 2:30 EST tomorrow.

#46 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Microsoft only has exclusivity rights on any game Bungie releases within the Halo IP, not new IPs.

Oops, you're right, just looked it up. Before the split, when all there was, was rumor. It was said that Microsoft would have first dibs on publishing Bungie's games. There was nothing about Microsoft having any control over Bungie's decisions exclusivity wise, silly me. Might be interesting if that turns out to be true though, since it may mean MS publishing games on the PS3/Wii.

PS There's a countdown for the different conferences here:
http://e3.gamespot.c...=event_nav;live

Makes it easier than trying to figure out differences in time zones.

Edited by UHYVE, 14 July 2008 - 12:50 PM.

#47 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

no way ,i dont thionk theyd do something so drastic, halo is the flagship game of xbox, they'd piss off some 10 bazillion fans

yeah i'm pretty sure i heard frank say (when he was still with bungie) that the new separated Bungie will be happy to offer exclusive 360 titles for years to come.

#48 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

I hope they continue to make Xbox 360 games. I dont have the money to afford a PS3 nor the upgrades to my PC that would allow me to play games other than RTSs. Will Bungie announce something at E3 when the countdown ends or will it be on thier website?

#49 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:10 AM

http://blog.wired.co...view-bungi.html

Bungie is under contract to produce the two current titles they were already under development for MGS. Beyond those, they'll be able to develop for whatever platform they choose.

#50 Spartan 90

Spartan 90
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I just saw this post on G4TV about Frank O'Connor letting slip the following quote "I doubt we have seen the last of Master Chief." I don't know if this is just a rumor or the real thing but I figured I might as well see what everybody knows.

Edited by Spartan 90, 03 March 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#51 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:40 AM

Frank:

well, he was talking to me about the franchise-whole, includding comic books, novels, action figures and the like.

But yeah, with Halo now being handled entirely by Microsoft, there's not a chance that the Chief is gone for good.

#52 Deepblue

Deepblue
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Whilst I'm sad to see Bungie leave the franchise following ODST, a part of me is excited to see what a different developer will do with the inevitable sequel...

Edited by Deepblue, 04 March 2009 - 03:57 PM.

#53 UEG FootedPanda

UEG FootedPanda
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

Whilst I'm sad to see Bungie leave the franchise following ODST, a part of me is excited to see what a different developer will do with the inevitable sequel...

I agree. I think Bungie will make more "Halo's", but It will be based around Master Chief, like ODST, and how all the actions that took place from Halo 1-3 will be told from different point of views, like again, ODST...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq