Halo 3: ODST

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

I doubt that it would take place after the storyline in Halo 3. If this is really happening, I'd place my money on it taking place during the events of Halo 3.

#22 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

You know that Tudyk, Fillion and Baldwin were all voice actors in Halo 3, right? That's what we're talking about here - them going back into the studio to reprise their roles.

Yeah, I know, but the thing is, seeing as it's impossible that Halo 3 is still in development, and unless there's more marine voice-overs going on...well, I could've sworn Bungie said they were fans of the show.

#23 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, I know, but the thing is, seeing as it's impossible that Halo 3 is still in development, and unless there's more marine voice-overs going on...well, I could've sworn Bungie said they were fans of the show.

Yeah, they did, but just read what voc said:

According to this site, some of the guys from Firefly recently got to meet up again at Bungie when they were doing more voiceover work for Halo 3.

And he's directly referencing what the site said:

Alan also mentioned he’d seen her recently and she and Nathan and Adam and he recorded voices for a Halo 3 supplemental and it was like the last time with Nathan having all the leader lines and him having to be scared.

So there's no reason to believe that this is Firefly-related.

#24 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Not necessarily true. I mean, it's a long shot, but the ODST's could still be alive if they were in the half of the ship the Chief is in.

Well, I was thinking that Marines generally aren't around (for long, anyway) when the Flood shows up. If Marines are extensively involved, then maybe the campaign content (if it is indeed campaign content) won't be centered around Flood combat.

edit: Unless they are really badass Marines.

Edited by Self Induced, 15 July 2008 - 05:46 PM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#25 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Well, whatever it was, it's dead now. Check Bnet.

#26 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Could this be related?

Posted Image

#27 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

http://multiplayerbl...oping-new-halo/

I pushed [Mattrick] on the lack of presence for the series and asked him if we should be worried about the no-show of Ensemble Studio’s real-time-strategy game “Halo Wars.” Not only did Mattrick say not to worry and that announcements would be coming, he also said that Microsoft is working with Bungie on a “Halo” game.

I asked for clarification, wondering if Mattrick meant Bungie’s project was “Halo Wars” or the long-announced Peter Jackson “Halo” project. Neither, Mattrick said. The Bungie game is something else.

#28 ReconO7

ReconO7

Colt: The original point click interface

• 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

I'm somewhat disappointed at the prospect of a Halo 4. It would be nice and all but I didn't think that Halo 3 was a real crowd pleaser (look at COD4 they have more people on playing on Live) and taking some time off to make a different game would be better for them. But that?s just what I think.

#29 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

I'm somewhat disappointed at the prospect of a Halo 4. It would be nice and all but I didn't think that Halo 3 was a real crowd pleaser (look at COD4 they have more people on playing on Live) and taking some time off to make a different game would be better for them. But that’s just what I think.

Halo 4 in and of itself would not be that great, yes, but additionally taking the Master Chief to a new place or going more in depth with the forerunners would be an amazing story to be told.

That being said though, I am very disappointed about all of this. And I wish, SO MUCH, that NeoGAF would make me a member already. I desperately want to post there. Jironomo & Coco you were right, it does take forever to get member status there.

Edited by Maj Williams, 16 July 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#30 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:23 AM

And I wish, SO MUCH, that NeoGAF would make me a member already. I desperately want to post there. Jironomo & Coco you were right, it does take forever to get member status there.

So I guess you should keep posting on this site how much you want to post on another site. Not trying to be an ass, just saying

Edited by txlonghorn, 17 July 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#31 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

So I guess you should keep posting on this site how much you want to post on another site. Not trying to be an ass, just saying

Eh, plenty of us post at both forums. There's a lot of cross membership. We can live in harmony!

#32 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Eh, plenty of us post at both forums. There's a lot of cross membership. We can live in harmony!

Of course, not what I was saying

#33 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Fair enough, back on topic though, its sort of bittersweet that the Halo game has been confirmed, but the way we found out was less than stellar.

#34 Khyberius

Khyberius

The Pretty Prince of Parties

• 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

Less than stellar = douchebag spoils reveal

#35 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

i got the impression that the MS guy wanted to avoid the Halo announcement being lumped in at the end of an otherwise crowded session. I think he was defending himself by saying it should have its own announcement. Of course he could have thought about that before ruining Bungie's viral plan.

#36 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:59 AM

Wat?

#37 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

Wat?

It's time to finish those fights we started and finished...

#38 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Wat?

Page won't load for me, what's it all about?

#39 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Page won't load for me, what's it all about?

An "inside source" says there's going to be a new Halo game announced next week, along with a new project from Rare. Also, it turns out Bill Gates is a huge necrophiliac, but that's been suspected for a while.

It's time to finish those fights we started and finished...

No, those fights we finished when we started them. Now we're finishing the fights that we started, finished, then started up again because they weren't finished.

Edited by Kinetic, 15 September 2008 - 08:55 AM.

#40 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

No, those fights we finished when we started them. Now we're finishing the fights that we started, finished, then started up again because they weren't finished.

But they were finished. I know because I finished them. Now were finishing the fights that we started when we finished the fights against the fighters who we finished.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3: ODST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq