Becoming a full-time member.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

As of right now, I'm dedicating all of my time to these forums, and these forums only. I used to a member of about six different forums, not including Ascendant Justice (seven OMG), but that was just too much. The internet has come to such a point that I can hardly bear to venture out into it anymore. Elitist? Maybe. The headache just isn't worth it, anymore. This place is so civilized, tight-knit, and reformed when compared to other forums that it's set my standard bar a fair bit higher than it used to be. So yeah, expect to see a lot more of me around. I'll do my best to contribute. =)

#2 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

You are a welcome addition, to put it lightly.

#3 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

:thumbsup:

#4 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

Take your shoes off and make yourself comfy.
Spoiler

#5 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

Take your shoes off and make yourself comfy.

Spoiler

Yeah, I've been meaning to. Work's been pretty bad. I couldn't even afford to take any days off for the Beta. I managed to secure shorter work days, but no days off. =(

Ah well. If you ever see me on, feel free to knock me an invite. I'll gladly accept.

Spoiler

#6 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

This is my primary forum, and the only one i check from my phone when i'm not by a computer.

But you guys wake up way too late for me. So when i get to work at 7am EST i'm really really bored. so i'm usually on GAF. And I'm in a group on the B.net forums called The Sad Pandas (because we didnt get beta invites). Theres a couple really cool guys there who I talk with a lot. Sad Pandas

I dont go into the B.net main forums. my head hurts when I do.

I cannot explain to you the feeling I got when I first found H3DA This might sound like a commercial but i was like No flippin way!!!!

I forget how I found it, I think someone from b.net had a link to HBO and from there someone had a link here.

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 04 May 2007 - 07:53 AM.

#7 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

Heh, it's funny how I found myself here. There was a guy called PoeticDave on these forums ages ago. I actually knew him in real life. I'd downloaded a Halo 2 beta and gone through it with a hex editor and I found a bunch of interesting stuff... that somehow got me in here (when this forum was alittle more closed off).... heh, remembering that far back, wasn't there a guy called Kunai or something who officially got onto the beta, what ever happened to him?

#8 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

How did I get here? Similar to the situation now. Halo 2 had just entered the time when the first leaks in information were hitting the internet. Mostly just documents and on the occasion, but very rarely, pictures. Nothing like what we have for Halo 3. Most forums would not host this information, but a small forum named "Riches Will Rust" would. I came in the search of leaked information, but unlike most others who made an account souly to lurk, I discided to join and become an actual posting member. And, I am very glad I did.

#9 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

I found this forum/site, by searching Halo 3 info on Google. I went through about 70 or so sites, and then I came across H3DA. I looked around an saw an Interrogation section, so I click it, expecting to see some freaky ass shit. But No, I see the name Blaze97. My reaction is, Holy Shit! Is this same the Blaze that I know? So I hit him up on XBL, and he confirms it. So I start reading the forums, then I see the name Gamble. Now I am really sure this place is the shit. Because I was at my friend ugfr's house and I played Blaze and Gamble at CoD 2. Gamble fucking rapped me and ugfr. So I decided to join the forums. Now here I am, waiting for Halo 3, impatiently.

Edited by Blamo, 06 May 2007 - 08:40 AM.

#10 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:29 AM

Gamble fucking rapped me and ugfr.

This part is fiction.

I'm glad to see the new members we have. You guys will make great assets to the community we have here and I hope you stick around!

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,953 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

This part is fiction.

I'm glad to see the new members we have. You guys will make great assets to the community we have here and I hope you stick around!

Thanks!

I completely neglected to mention how I found these forums. You can thank Google for that, actually. With all of the ViDoc (Et Tu Brute) info, I was searching around for a good place that I could at least check out a breakdown of it, and I stumbled across your page on Google. I checked it out, looked around the archive, and bookmarked the site.

It took me two days to figure out that you guys had forums, and when I did, I thought "this is really cool"! But for some reason, I never signed up. Come the multiplayer ViDoc, and my interest was renewed. The front page post on HBO linked me to your site, and I immediately realized that I had forgotten to sign up. I saw some of the discussion, promptly signed up, and immediately started contributing. So yeah, good times. =)

Edited by Drew, 06 May 2007 - 10:56 AM.

#12 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, just for the new people, don't be scared off by some of the weirder posts here. It's just a kind of initiation thing, if you don't feel part of the group yet, I'm sure you will do soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq