• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#41 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

The new EGM covers. Note the Brute Mauler with the CQB Spartan and the sweet designs on the Elite's armor.

Edited by Va1or, 19 July 2007 - 04:02 PM.

#42 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

That's why I'm probably going to be an Elite.

#43 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Good choice. No doubt the Elites will be getting more lovin' this time around.

#44 UyghurWolf

UyghurWolf
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Elites look awesome. Does that pic count as proof of the fuel rod gun being in multiplayer? I think so.

#45 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

EGM has clarified that the online co-op thing was blown out of proportion and that was information from last month. Bungie was working on the feature then and wasn't ready to commit just yet. Now it seems to be different.

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3161414

Edited by MasterChief2829, 19 July 2007 - 06:41 PM.

#46 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Elites look awesome. Does that pic count as proof of the fuel rod gun being in multiplayer? I think so.

I was thinking the same thing, and it's about damn time. Also, the Mauler looks absolutely punishing. I can't wait to use it.

So when does this hit newstands again?

Edited by Kinetic, 19 July 2007 - 06:47 PM.

#47 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Crap, I guess that I'm really going to have to be an Elite. At least their balanced this time (I'm sorry EVA, but you're just not awesome enough). Magazine hits stands August 7th.

#48 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

I know this is off topic but I am wondering if anyone has the details on whether or not Xbox Live Public is still in the game. For me, this and online coop, combined with all of the other riches we know of, makes this game the #1 game of all time!!!!

#49 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:05 AM

I'm still sticking with EVA. I agree that this Online Co-Op has been blown out of proportion to the point where its getting annoying when I have to hear them talking about it on G4. I understand that EGM's information is at least a month or two old. Frankie said on GAF the other day "All of this fuss about a feature that may or may not be in the game." Now with approximately 1 month left until they go Gold, I translate that as saying basically IT IS IN. I can't imagine them still working on it today and not sure whether it's going to be in or not. Unless they are going to push it to the last minute to see what they can do, I dunno...

#50 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:42 AM

Well, there's nothing stopping them from doing a kameo and releasing coop for free as a downloadable after release.

#51 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

I bet anything next week is the last week they work on the game. It then goes to certi for 2 weeks and then off to be produced. So much extra content and alot more preorders Bungie needs to make sure everyone gets one opening night.by August 11th it will be gold.

#52 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm in love with the new Elite models and I can't wait to see their other permuations. Hopefully all the playability kinks have been worked out.

#53 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

I've mentioned this before but I can't get over how similar Halo 3 is to the Starsiege: Tribes series. Back when Halo was originally planned only for the PC, the big contest was gonna be between Halo 1 and Tribes 2 as to which was going to be more popular. Halo ended up going to the Xbox, and the rest is history, but Halo 3 has borrowed so many features.

Saved films, many of the weapons, a lot of them are very similar to what was in Tribes. Then I read this, "The Elephant - This is a base that can be driven around the map, but also holds the respawns and the flag/cap point. It adds another layer of strategy to the multiplayer matches, particularly CTF-based matches." and was reminded of Tribes yet again.

http://en.wikipedia....bile_Point_Base

The 'pollination' between the two franchises over the years has been interesting.

Edited by jesusphreak, 22 July 2007 - 08:02 PM.

#54 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 UyghurWolf

UyghurWolf
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

EGM is putting up extra content on 1up, so come 8/23 keep an eye on this site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq