#1 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

The most wonderful time of the year is almost upon us once again. In less than a week, college football will once again be occupying most every football fan's Saturday afternoons. In this year where the race to the national title seems more wide open than a Thai hooker, we can all rest assured that we are in for one monsterous season. So grab a beer or twelve, fire up the grill and tell your rivals to go fuck themselves. It's time for some football.

All up to date polls can be found right here. Keep in mind that around October the BCS Poll will rear it's head.

EDIT: I figure we'll only need one football thread now since I don't think the NFL will be getting too much chatter time until the playoffs.

#2 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

^^^^That post gave me goosebumps. I'm calling it now, BYU wins the Mountain West. We're going to the Liberty Bowl, baby.

#3 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

Football is for girly men. *Runs away*

#4 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:24 PM

Week 1 Results

^^You can tweak that to fit the specific results you're looking for.

All in all, it was an exciting first week. I was sick all weekend, but that didn't stop me from going out to Morgantown to watch the Mountaineers show why we we never liked how we were forced to play fucking Marshall.

The biggest surprise this week was without a doubt Cal's embarassment against Tennessee. The Vols took them to the woodshed, (I'm sure Tucker's happy about this one) and made them look like they didn't even belong in the top 15. Everything else went about as I expected, but I had thought Georgia Tech would upset Notre Dame.

By the way, did anyone else thing the FSU vs. Miami game last night was boring as fuck? (maybe I just like offense better than defense...)

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:14 PM

It was tough to watch, although both teams are amazingly athletic and hard-hitting, which is always enjoyable to see. I don't know, 10 beers made that game a lot more fun, because the offenses (cough Kyle Wright cough you suck cough) sure didn't. Tennessee dismantled Cal. Ownage. As for next week, ND - PSU is going to be fucking intense. And I have 120 dollars riding on UT - OSU. Fuck yeah. Just the way I like it - picked up 60 off the Rose Bowl last year.

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

I have Texas winning against Ohio State too. Colt McCoy seems like he's in perfect harmony with the Texas offense judging by that first game. Granted NIU is a better team than North Texas, but 56-0? That's unreal for a freshman QB's first start. I'm actually staying home from the WVU-Eastern Washington game to go to a party and watch it. (actually I don't know, I'm still torn because I wanna be there if Slaton runs for over 300 yards...hey, it's a D1-AA opponent so it can happen) I forgot to add that Michael Bush of Louisville broke his leg and is out for the season, which sucks balls. Even though the backups looked outstanding, the loss of Bush makes UL weaker as a team and it makes WVU's only quality opponent on our pathetic schedule look worse. This doesn't make me not think that they still have the weapons to beat both WVU and Miami though. Hopefully Bush gets a medical redshirt to come back another year.

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

Week 2 Results

Looks like Ohio State cleaned up pretty good last night. Once Colt McCoy threw that interception he looked uncomfortable the rest of the game. Damn, I was hoping Texas could pull it off.

Oh, and Florida State almost lost to fucking Troy. That's gotta be embarrassing.

#8 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,065 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

One thing's for sure. We (UTn) got big, fast athletes on defense. They may have the collective IQ of a bag of rocks, but they can run... Seriously, Air Force executed their triple option flawlessly all night long. They kept running a motion sweep out of the bone, but UT never adjusted to it until they tried to run for a 2-pt conversion to win the game. Some people may look at that one point win over Air Force and think UT had a letdown, but Ainge looked Peyton-esque Saturday, hitting 15 straight at one point. Next week, we get Florida and their spread attack. Some people call it a spread option, but Leak's a big pussy that can't take a hit. They'll do some misdirection, but he'll avoid taking on a defender at all costs. We killed Meyer's Magical Offense last year, holding them to 10 offensive points all game long. They got 2 cheapie field goals off of a muffed punt and a bad punter decision to throw a ball from his own 20 for a total of 16 points. Bad news though, we lost our best defensive player for the year (Justin Harrell -- torn bicep), and a great corner (Inquoris "Inky" Johnson -- fucked-up shoulder ... seriously, he had to have emergency surgery to repair ruptured tissue/vessels, and he has to have another surgery to repair nerve damage 'in the future') for probably forever. With those two players out, we're going to have to score 40 points to beat UF. But I'm pretty sure that we can do that if Cutcliffe keeps calling the same types of games.

#9 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

Good weekend for football, unless you're a Panthers fan :sad: That was one of the worst beatings ever (because of where I live I didn't get to see it, so I listened to it through an internet radio stream). I would be really concerned right now, if this exact same thing hadn't happened to us the last two years (both homes games, Packers and Saints). The D, which on paper was supposed to be one of the best in the league, looked awful. It's pretty embarassing that we got killed that bad by Ron Mexico. Oh, well, I've got a feeling they're going to bounce back. Alex Smith of the 49ers had a good game btw, he already has the same number of TD passes he had all of last year. I pretty much got killed this weekend in my fantasy team thanks to Joey Galloway laying a goose egg on me and the Dallas D getting worked. I can still win if somehow LT can put up 100 yards rushing and score 3 TD's against the Raiders (which is entirely possible). The Manning Bowl was aight. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was watching the Seahawks almost get beat by the Lions. The Seahawks O-line looked like garbage (ps I just heard that the seahawks gave up a first round pick for Deion Branch, I don't think that was too smart). I saw the OSU victory coming from a mile away, just for the record (not really, I thought it would have been a bit closer). I don't like the time rule changes in college football, they need to be changed back.

#10 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

Week 3

Well, after watching the world's ugliest blowout last Thursday, last Saturday was warm welcome. Louisville just steamrolled Miami (goes to show what happens when you stomp on the Cardinal) and gave the Big East a nice statement win but ended up sacrificing Brian Brohm in the process. Notre Dame got destroyed by Michigan. I had a feeling Michigan would pull an upset, but not to the tune of 47-21.

Oklahoma got shafted though, and so did LSU to a lesser extent. Tough breaks. And Tucker, I was pulling for your Vols all the way yesterday. Damn Gators...

#11 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

I'm a pretty big Cowboys fan; I think they looked pretty good on Sunday night.

#12 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Jesus, I thought Colorado would be able to pull that one off. EDIT: Wow, throw WVU out of the top 10 after tonight's travesty.

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

Did TO try to kill himself or was it really just an allergic type reaction? What do you guys think? I know there's not really a ton of information out now, so I think there will probaby be more evidence later, so for now it's all speculation. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he was attempting to kill himself. There's things he's said over the years that have seemed to be warning signs for something like this, and now I think he's just trying to cover it all up. I'm really not sure though as of now. I'll have to wait and hear what he says at his press conference.

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

I was pretty shocked when I heard about it....which was about 15 minutes ago. I knew the guy was a headcase, but I didn't think it would carry over into doing something like this. I don't know what to think. But yeah, we'll have to see what he says about it.

#15 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:24 PM

After seeing the press conference I have come to a conclusion: TO needs to fire his dumb b*tch publicist. From what I gather it went down as TO said it did. I think the publicist overreacted though and really thought that TO was committing suicide, which she probably told the police, and now she's trying to cover it up. I don't know, but I kind of doubt the cops just threw in all that stuff about depression and suicide; I think the publicist really thought Owens took 30-something pills, and then in the heat of the moment probably said some dumb stuff to the police. TO was probably so out of it he didn't know what was going on or what he was saying. Something is just always happenening with this guy, I don't know why that is. To me, it's just funny that the publicist is creating the bad publicity, ha ha.

#16 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

Good lord, I never thought I'd see Chicago score 30+ points. They're flatout embarassing the Seahawks right now. *watches Van ask Rex Grossman for sex for whupping on Seattle*

#17 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:01 PM

lolol, you read my mind. The Seafrauds are making Rex Grossman look like Johnny Unitas. My friend before the game: "I honestly don't see how the seahawks could lose this game. I have a good feeling that they might be able to go undefeated this year." ha ha ha, I can't wait for my post game phone call to him. My Panthers won today, despite the Refs trying to give one more donation to the Hurricane Katrina fund. The Cardiac Cats had to let it look like a close game though again. I don't know why they insist on making things so close every week. I'd just love to see them blow out a team for once; maybe this week against the Browns.

#18 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

Da Bears! Man it's been a long time comin. I've put up with so many bad seasons, it's about time us Bears fans caught a break. This Dolphins fan at work was talkin mad shit just because his team sucks, saying that the Bears aren't "the real deal." Man did they show up today, and I don't care what anyone says Shaun Alexander wouldn't have made that much of a difference. The defense is as good as ever, but the key is how the offensive line gives Rex all day long to do his thing. Just watch and count how much time Rex has to make his pass. Traditionally the Bears have always been about the defense and running the ball, Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones have done pretty well running the ball, but add that proficient passing game we've had so far to the formula and we can pretty much guarantee a Super Bowl appearance as long as they keep it going. The real test will be next month when we play the Giants, Jets, and Pats three weeks in a row away.

#19 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

I was really impressed by Grossman. A lot of his passes were about as close to perfect as possible. I watched a few of his games while he was at Florida, and I always thought he had a good chance to be a solid pro QB. Your Bears are going to be a tough out in the playoffs if they get to play in Soldier Field. Although let's not forget what my team and Steve Smith did to them last year :laugh:

#20 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

Your Bears are going to be a tough out in the playoffs if they get to play in Soldier Field.

Although let's not forget what my team and Steve Smith did to them last year :laugh:

Notice our only weakness today? The secondary coverage, Peanut Tillman in particular who was in charge of Steve Smith in that game. I still have nightmares about that. What a tough loss. I don't know what they were thinking not double covering him, he's ridiculous!

One thing though in case of a rematch, I hope it's really cold, the Bears play great in the coldest of colds, and it's tough for the visiting team. It wasn't cold last time, and hopefully Lovie Smith will come up with something more creative to contain Steve Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq