• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#1 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:14 PM

I know we have a few sports enthusiasts here, including myself. So, I thought this would be a good place to discuss our teams, or any news related to the greatest sport on earth. I'll start by saying I'm rooting for my alma mater BYU and my pro team is the 49ers (it's going to be a long year). The Cougs of BYU started their season by losing to Boston College at home 20-3, and I'm praying for a 4 victory season for the 49ers. Since my teams are so pathetic, I get to choose a backup team- USC (I'm not a front runner, I've always liked USC) and the Carolina Panthers. So, let's hear who you're rooting for, and hopefully we'll have a topic that'll last the next few months.

#2 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

Not my high school team, that's for sure. We just lost 52-21 against an unranked team. Next week we go against the #1 team in the state. We're boned.
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#3 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

I've been a WVU fan for as long as I can rmember, and I've been an Eagles fan since '96. That's when I first started looking at pro ball, and I had just spent quite some time in Philadelphia.

This year, I honestly hope Terrell Owens catches his balls on fire and gets his face gnawed off by a pack of half-starved ferrets. Other than that, I think the Eagles are gonna have a pretty good season. Probably not Super Bowel material, but I think they'll make it deep enough into the playoffs.

As far as West Virginia goes, this year has me pretty skeptical. Rasheed Marshall, Pac-Man Jones, K.J. Harris, Big Tim Brown (kickass lineman) all those core guys are gone and are giving way to a big freshman-sophomore backfield. We've got some pretty sweet Q.B.s in the forms of Adam Bednarik and Pat White, and Jason Colson is shaping up to be an awesome running back. Today against Syracuse was pretty messy, and I think it was due to nervousness. We turned the ball over five times. That blows, but that will improve over time. Good news though, our defense was looking sick. I saw more sacks and no-gainers more than 3-5 yard rushes or big plays, and pass coverage looked slick. The defense prevented Syracuse from doing much damage, the problem was that we fumbled every time we got into the red zone.

All in all, they're doing better than I had expected except for the turnovers. That needs some serious improvement. As you guys can see, I'm updating my signature to suit gameday results, so you can continue to support your teams, but you'll have to look at what happened to mine as well! Isn't that super duper?!

#4 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:52 PM

West Viginia 15 Syracues 7

Hey. Cockbite. I know you know how to spell my team's name, so I'd appreciate it if you - um - go screw yourself. Jerk. Honestly... As for your team's name, I don't really care if you mess it up.

So, yeah, college football- Syracuse (not gonna do so well this year), Colorado (who beat Colorado State- what's up h00ters? Why no goalposts?), and Notre Dame (although only half-heartedly, and maybe not at all, since they fired Ty Willingham. We'll see whether I can get into the team now that he's gone...). Mostly, with football, I just want good games, and as many as possible, so I'm glad that my dorm has cable now.

As a sidenote, my school, which is Division 3 (hence, not on the list), has a very cool tailgating policy for football games (not that I drink), but it should make the games more fun to attend, what with the loudmouthed drunken guys starting fights, and me, the guy who likes to hang out with loudmouthed drunken guys who start fights (that's why h00ters and I are friends, I think--- just kidding we were friends before he discovered his belligerent/inebriated side).

On the pro side, HELL YEAH IGGLES. I'm also a Texans fan, but they're new and sucky, so I'm allowed to like my former team as well, not that I'll stop liking them when/if the Texans get better. Kinetic, I don't really have beef with TO- let his play speak for itself- if the Eagles win games, it shouldn't matter what TO does on the side. Donovan McNabb has it right- you don't have to be on friendly terms to win football games with a guy, though it helps, especially on teams with less talent. TO is damn good, wait and see how he's playing before you get all pissed at him. However, if the Eagles do not win the Super Bowl, they need to seriously evaluate the whole TO situation, and find some other wideout to take his place.

#5 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:13 PM

That's exactly why a lot of fans have turned on him. He's amazing and he lets himself know it. If you're going to go around giving the cold shoulder to your coaches, fans, and teammates, it will affect how he and the team plays. Football is the most team oriented sport in the world, and if T.O. is going to silently say he's a one man team, it will lead to ruin. He did sick last year due in part because he had such a great relationship with the team. I've watched camp film of the Eagles and what did T.O. do when he separated himself from the team? A groin injury, most likely because he didn't stretch himself correctly. If a teammate did it with him, I guarantee it would have been better stretched. Anyway you slice it, the Eagles are going to be different this year because the relationship with a very skilled player is crumbling, and it'll probably show on the field. I don't different-worse, I mean different-team orientation. He did the same thing with the '49ers. Honestly though, it all depends on your view of the game. If you're like McNabb and think as long as the guy can catch the passes you throw at him, then you're correct. However, if you think like all the fans who looked up to T.O. as an inspiration to team ethics and now you get slammed in the balls like this, you're also correct. You can just play the game with other players, or you can play the game with friends. Both ways work, and it's been shown both waork in the past.

But I don't want to get too much into this. The last thing I want is a rant over something as stupid as one player who gets paid a lot of money to catch balls...which I just did because I'm an idiot. And thanks for the correction, Syracuse. You know you spend all your smartnessness in school when you can't spell your own team's name right.

I forgot to mention high school football. We're going to be better this year because we actually have seniors playing. (There were maybe 2 who went out last year) However, our schedules are still tougher than shit. We're D-3, and we play at least 4 or 5 D-1 schools a year. This week we play Xavier, who is number 10 in the nation. In addition, this is supposed to be their D-1 state championship year. Hotness.

#6 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,061 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

Man, I just hope Ohio State-Texas lives up to the billing this week.... I'm a UT fan (that's Tennessee -- the original UT, for you Texas guys), and they just flat out quit after going up 10-0 after about 10 plays against UAB. These guys have spent way too much time reading their own press clippings. They'll be lucky to only lose 3 games this year. If Fulmer goes 7-4 with this team, his time is over.

#7 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:35 PM

So, yeah, college football- Syracuse (not gonna do so well this year), Colorado (who beat Colorado State- what's up h00ters?  Why no goalposts?), and Notre Dame (although only half-heartedly, and maybe not at all, since they fired Ty Willingham.  We'll see whether I can get into the team now that he's gone...).  Mostly, with football, I just want good games, and as many as possible, so I'm glad that my dorm has cable now. 

As a sidenote, my school, which is Division 3 (hence, not on the list), has a very cool tailgating policy for football games (not that I drink), but it should make the games more fun to attend, what with the loudmouthed drunken guys starting fights, and me, the guy who likes to hang out with loudmouthed drunken guys who start fights (that's why h00ters and I are friends, I think--- just kidding we were friends before he discovered his belligerent/inebriated side).

Haha yeah that would've been tight if we got the goalposts sorry bout that. Everybody needs to watch the Buckeyes-Texas game tomorrow at 7pm it's a pretty good matchup but I really don't think the Ohio linebackers can handle my boy Vince, Lamonce, or any of them. And I like to think of myself as a a loudmothed drunken guy that finishes fights.
don't tread on me

#8 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

I live in Columbus, and it's all any of the radio stations, local T.V. sports networks, and people on the street can talk about. It's going to be an awesome game. You guys don't live here though. You (thankfully) don't know how loud and fucking obnoxious the OSU fans can be. They even go as far as to scream at little kids who unknowingly wear the opposing team's colors; hell, it could be the exact opposite of the opponent's color, they'll still scream at him. Oh, and they riot whever they lose an important game. Personally, I don't have anything against the team, it's the fans that need to get their voice boxes removed. Harbinger's dad hates them so much that his favorite team is whoever Ohio State's playing. By the way Neo, did your dad ever find a Texas hat to wear to work?

#9 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,061 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

Oh, I know how obnoxious they can be, after the '95 Citrus Bowl when we pwned them. Their fans at the bowl game were meanie weenies.

#10 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:19 PM

We got peenered. AGAIN. 57-7. I wonder if Marian sucks at football?
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:23 PM

UT WRECKED OHIO STATE> THAT IS ALL.

#12 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:42 AM

UT WRECKED OHIO STATE> THAT IS ALL.

That was a fucking awesome game. OSU fell apart during the last minutes with that safety. Vince Young is a heisman canidate, OSU probably won't be up for the national title this year, and the Ohio State fans finally shut up. I'd say it was a pretty nice outcome.

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:14 AM

yeah, I watched every play of that game, it was very nice. Vince young disappointed me with some of his plays (that interception was the biggest n00b mistake ever, the one where he should have just taken the sack), but he definitely has the potential to be an unbelievable pro. I bet he'll go top 5 in the draft this coming year for sure. My BYU cougars beat Eastern Illinois University(that's a major football power right?) 45-10, so that was cool. #20 Notre Dame beat #3 Michigan (Notre Dame's another one of the teams I usually root for). #8 Iowa lost to unranked Iowa State, so there will definitely be some new faces rising to the top of the ranks this week. I'm looking forward to some sweet pro games this weekend. Don't miss Sunday night's game, Ravens v.s. Colts; or the monday night game Eagles v.s. Falcons.

#14 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:13 PM

I'm so glad we beat the Buckeyes, and that stadium was pacckkked. We waited until the UT game was over to go over to the CU game here (we beat New Mexico like 40-0). I didn't quite make it inside the stadium, I got gang-tackled by a bunch of cops. I'll tell the story over in spam.
don't tread on me

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

GO BENGALS!!!! If it's brown flush it down. Cleavland suxzorz X 10^5

#16 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:10 PM

GO BENGALS!!!! If it's brown flush it down. Cleavland suxzorz X 10^5

Bengals beat the Browns today 27-13.

Remember what I said about Ohio State bitches rioting? I knew they'd do it again. They set fires around campus, and one completely blocked a street. I'm watching it on the news as I type.

#17 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

I'm quite pleased. You guys may have noticed my 9ers beat the rams (the team most people picked to win the NFC West division), they're already halfway to as good of a record as they had last year. I'm not too optimistic, I definitely don't see a super bowl in the cards, or even a playoff berth. In fact, I wish they would lose a lot so they can get another good pick next year (they need a good running back, Barlow can't cut it). the defense was looking pretty sweet, that 3-4 defense definitely compliments the good group of linebackers they have (Derrick Smith, #50 graduated from my high school, Go American Fork Cavemen, woot). Hopefully it will be a cool season, there were some other cool games on today too, hopef you got to see some.

#18 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:20 PM

Did you guys watch the Eagles Falcons game? It was a close game but when I watched Mcnabb and most of the other offensive players (for either teams) they had no intensity. The only niggas wil'n were Kerney (psycho...) and Dawkins when he came back. Good hitting though.
don't tread on me

#19 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

I just wanted to let you guys know how elated I am that Utah (BYU's rival) lost in overtime to TCU (the hornfrogs) in overtime, breaking their 18 game winning streak (it was the second longest active streak in the nation behind USC's), the best part is that TCU is in the Mountain West Conference, so Utah is currently 0-1 in the conference, yay.

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:44 AM

BENGALS 2-0 YEAH. CIN 37 MIN 8 yahoooo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq