Drew's Content

There have been 25 items by Drew (Search limited from 16-December 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9257670 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 07 September 2018 - 03:22 PM in Original Trilogy

Hey, this thing works now. Definitely lost any semblance on my ability to play it, though - routinely getting my shit stomped online. Couch co-op with the wife is a fuckin' blast, though.

#9257657 Moar TIE Fighters and shit

Posted by Drew on 16 July 2018 - 08:07 AM in Off-Topic

Don't beat yourself up, buddy - we all make mistakes.

Take it from me.

#9257634 E3

Posted by Drew on 11 June 2018 - 01:57 PM in Gaming

BG&E2 gameplay looking REALLY rough, easy to see why they refused to show it direct feed. I'm just happy it exists, so I will hold off on being disappointed for now. Going to pick up Origins soon, when I get an X1X. The new one looks really good, too - will probably buy it as well. The rest of the conference was completely forgettable in every way, absolute schlock.

#9257632 E3

Posted by Drew on 11 June 2018 - 11:02 AM in Gaming

Microsoft's conference was really strong this year, definitely headed in the right direction. Cautiously optimistic about Halo - seems that 343 has finally relented and recognized that people absolutely hate the direction the series was headed in. Sekiro looks great, excited for another solid Souls-like. Forza looks insane, as usual - 4k/60fps on X1X is great. Cyberpunk looks stellar, to the surprise of absolutely nobody - CDPR is bringing the heat.

Bethesda's conference was a hilarious train-wreck for the first fourth or so, but they were able to recover by the end. Still not sold on Fallout 76, will have to see more about it before I decide for sure - one thing is certain, though: I'm getting really burned out on Fallout. Doom and Wolfenstein both look interesting, from what little was shown. Starfield and TES VI are so far out that it seems a little silly to tease them, but they were forced to tip their hand because literally all we've had for the past SEVEN FUCKING YEARS has been FALLOUT.

Square's conference is not even worth talking about, an underwhelming snoozefest.

#9257605 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 23 April 2018 - 10:27 AM in Original Trilogy

Better than the abomination we have now, at least. Hopefully it will continue to improve as time goes on.

#9257597 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 17 April 2018 - 04:01 PM in Original Trilogy

Update #3

mcc-splashscreen-full-4c871161f38c4b66b1

frontend-newui-blog-a606461428fd4d638109

#9257596 WRUP?

Posted by Drew on 17 April 2018 - 03:58 PM in Gaming

I will be when it's on PC. Hopefully Drew will be joining me.

Sea of Thieves sounds disappointing...

That was my plan... Really was hoping to wait for the PC version before I had a go at it.

P.S.: Join the Discord.

#9257580 Nintendo Switch

Posted by Drew on 14 March 2018 - 10:55 AM in Gaming

Nothing wrong with menus in an RPG! I think it could have used more robust/custom sorting features but otherwise I didn't have an issue with it. I know a lot of people did not like the durability system, but I thought it was great. It makes you think about how you approach encounters (especially early game and in Master Mode), and whether or not it's really even worth engaging in the first place. In normal mode, by the time you made it to endgame, you are flush with high durability weapons + the Hylian Shield (and can easily farm more) so if you really want to go balls out all of the time there is nothing really stopping you from doing so.

There is some tedium involved with ingredient gathering and cooking, but then, I still play MMOs, so obviously I don't mind that aspect so much. It's kind of a nice break from the combat and exploration, I think. For me, it really struck the perfect balance between all three major elements of a quintessential RPG (gathering/crafting/inventory and equipment management, exploration, and combat).

#9257578 Movies

Posted by Drew on 13 March 2018 - 12:59 PM in Off-Topic

WATCH BLADE RUNNER

It's on BD, buy it!

#9257574 A better way to communicate.

Posted by Drew on 09 March 2018 - 08:56 AM in Off-Topic

yes perfect

I'm on Discord basically all the time.

#9257571 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 08 March 2018 - 08:53 AM in Original Trilogy

Detailed update blog post regarding the revamp: https://www.halowayp...opment-update-2

I'm incredibly optimistic about this... Especially the blurbs about offline LAN support, the possibility of a custom game browser, and Halo: CE features.

The fact that they have chosen to address the MCC and do a massive overhaul like this is a really positive sign, I think.

I talked to the wife, and she has agreed to me getting an Xbox One X and a 4k TV when this update goes live. Very excited.

#9257566 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 25 February 2018 - 12:19 PM in Original Trilogy

If they fix it so that it is a playable experience again I will do whatever I need to in order to pick it back up, even if that means buying another Xbone... I would obviously prefer a PC port but I really miss playing Halo online.

#9257564 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 23 February 2018 - 08:57 AM in Original Trilogy

https://www.halowayp...cbc932e5d/posts

Seems we might possibly getting a PC port? Of course, some really fucking stupid ideas getting upvoted, but maybe it would be worth it to sign up for an account and suggest something...

For me, behind PC support with an actual server browser and custom map/game/gametype rotations, it would be fixing the horrendous UI/user experience.

#9257554 WRUP?

Posted by Drew on 27 December 2017 - 01:48 PM in Gaming

It will shock no one that I've been playing absolute schlock for most of the year.

Sans Zelda (~300 hours) and Mario (50 hours), I've spent most of my time on Warframe (~80 hours - but I'm done with it, needed something to prevent myself from caving and getting Destiny and this did just that) and FFXIV (500+ hours at last count - this game is actually amazing if you're into MMOs, it's super casual and lets you tackle whatever, whenever - it is the perfect game for me at this point in my life). I just can't be arsed getting into a hardcore game anymore, so this casual shit is the best. I play a lot of ports/emulators on my phone as well during my commute, but otherwise it has been a pretty unremarkable year for me. I still play Halo with my brother every now and then, we will hang out and beat a couple of titles in the MCC - the only thing it's good for anymore, unfortunately.

Standouts not mentioned above include MYST (I've lost track of how many times I've completed this one) and Stardew Valley as well.

#9257553 Star Wars VIII The Last Jedi

Posted by Drew on 27 December 2017 - 01:42 PM in Off-Topic

Lot of questionable scenes, but it was an absolute stunner visually. Can't say I'm disappointed - I came for the spectacle and I got SPECTACLE.

Saw it in IMAX 3D and my wife got us perfect seats (literally in the exact middle). I had a great time overall.

#9257499 Battlefront 2

Posted by Drew on 22 November 2017 - 12:10 PM in Gaming

EA may have done us all a favor and finally tipped the boat on loot boxes as Chris Lee, a Democrat from Hawaii, is launching a state investigation into predatory practices in gaming.

It's been a long time coming and I think the mix of a property like Star Wars, the overstepping of EA's progression design, and just some good ol' fashion Internet mobbing finally started to get the attention of people outside the industry.

It's about fucking time.

Purge the industry of its rot and start over, please.

#9257494 Battlefront 2

Posted by Drew on 20 November 2017 - 07:39 AM in Gaming

That TV is what you want. It's the best on the market right now for OLEDs.

Also... that house, for that price...

I'm just gonna kill myself. The places my wife and I are looking at will require a down payment of at least that much.

#9257469 gaf meltdown

Posted by Drew on 26 October 2017 - 07:05 AM in Gaming

I was using Fidelity before and their fees were insane - an "account maintenance" fee that they levied every three months that I never would have noticed had I not kept close tabs on my account is just one example. Dropped them and moved everything to Vanguard, no fees whatsoever outside of the day trading fee (which you really shouldn't be doing anyway) and the expense ratios on the funds themselves. They waive your yearly fee if you go for paperless statements which is what I prefer anyway. It's amazing.

#9257467 gaf meltdown

Posted by Drew on 26 October 2017 - 05:53 AM in Gaming

According to the grapevine, registration should open for everyone before next week. We'll see - the launch has been very smooth so far though. I think there are a handful of major invite waves left and then the doors will be opened for everyone.

Just curious, what did they generally recommend in the retirement/401k/investment thread? Any particular strategy or types of funds that stood out?

Buy low cost index funds through a major broker - you want the lowest cost fund you can find in terms of expense ratios. There's a stellar podcast by Freakonomics that covers the topic well, and features an interview with Jack Bogel (among others) in an attempt to explain the philosophy.

Never pay for an investment adviser (a financial adviser is OK if you are juggling a lot of assets like multiple rental properties, but I would typically say it's probably worth it to hire a management company and a tax guy instead - be wary of investment advice no matter where it comes from, most good information is available online for free).

I have dumped all of my non-pension savings into cascading Roth IRA, 403b, and a taxable Vanguard account - all purchase VANG INST INDEX PLUS (a whole-market index) with 100% of my contributions and re-invest the earnings into the shares of the same fund. My YoY RoI is sitting at close to 19%...

#9257461 m cheifs cumpilation

Posted by Drew on 24 October 2017 - 10:58 AM in Original Trilogy

With a solid PC port that has server browser support for each online portion of the game, all sins will be forgiven.

Let it be known.

#9257460 Star Wars VIII The Last Jedi

Posted by Drew on 24 October 2017 - 10:56 AM in Off-Topic

I should probably buy my tickets...

#9257459 Destiny 2

Posted by Drew on 24 October 2017 - 10:55 AM in Gaming

Bungie decided to truncate the endgame in the name of appeasing casuals - are we really that surprised?

That said, it's not like I have any right to open my non-committal mouth so w/e.

#9257458 gaf meltdown

Posted by Drew on 24 October 2017 - 10:53 AM in Gaming

Pretty hilarious the knee-jerk reaction is to shut down the OT like that's going to be the silver bullet that makes his problem goes away.

Very annoying to me because there was a lot of good resources there, like the Retirement/401k/Investment thread and the home buying OT. I also lurked in the board game OT and some other ones.

Oh well, not going to miss the site outside of the OT threads which were typically second only to Reddit/wikis for information about certain topics.

#9257391 Destiny 2

Posted by Drew on 14 September 2017 - 06:01 PM in Gaming

Everyone is on PS4, then?

#9257371 Halo Online

Posted by Drew on 08 September 2017 - 07:22 AM in Ancillary Games

This looks amazing, honestly. The MCC for PC we never got. I'll download this over the weekend.

IPB Skin By Virteq