• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

Hey everyone- I'm going to be helping my girlfriend move to St. Louis in a week and a half or so, and I won't be anywhere near the following: internet, Xbox, -gasp-the H3 beta. It sucks, but sometimes real life is more important than pretend bad-ass cyborg with infinite respawns life. Heh. Only sometimes. It's not a complete loss, though - I'll get to play from the 16th until the 21st, and then again (hopefully) from the 4th until they yank that shit off of my Xbox on the 6th (do I have my dates right?). Anyways, rest assured that: 1) I'll still own your faces off (except Gamble's) 2) For people who were concerned, I just wanted to let you know what's going on with the teams: now that Ivan is on red team, Gamble and I are on blue team together. Red team needed to trade someone over to blue to make room for Ivan and (shucks) it ended up being me... It was a fair trade - a pure slayer for the best objective player the game has ever seen, so red team won't even miss me. I only hope we won't get creamed by red team over and over again now that I don't have B-X-R to mess up faces with... (speaking of which, Default bitch! Hi Van...) So, now to the favor I'm asking. My time with the beta is going to be short. Painfully short. Even when I'll have access to it, I'll be tied down with other responsibilities (not failing out of school in May, and a summer research job in June). Such a short glimpse of the goodness is going to leave me wanting more, and fall is a long ways away. I know that a few of you have capture cards (Drew is the only one I remember by name), so my favor is this: I'll post a couple of Saved Films to my shared files section on the 20th or so, just before I have to leave. Would it be too much trouble to ask one of you guys to download those Saved Films and capture them, then send them to me for posterity? I love gameplays - I've been ripping the internet apart at its seams today to find more of the F & F gameplays, but I love MY gameplays more (I'm slightly better than the journalists, we've been watching so far -wink-; I might know a little bit more about Halo than them too -wink wink-). If you could do this, I'd be eternally grateful, and it might make such a short stint in beta land, as well as the interminable wait for fall, just a little bit more bearable. Thanks, Cuse

Edited by Syracuse022, 12 May 2007 - 01:20 PM.

#2 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

I have a capture card and I'd be happy to help you out. My 360 is dead at the moment, but I am planning on renting one for the beginning of the beta. And when you're leaving is when I hope to get mine back anyway.

#3 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

Thanks a lot, dude! I really appreciate it. We'll have to coordinate and figure out what it will take to get them to you (i.e. do I have to be online at the same time, etc.) I'll send you a friend request the next time I get on. Thanks again.

#4 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

I have a capture card as well. My gamertage is: xK4Mx Ace

#5 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

That'd be fine with me. My HD card is OOC, but I can grab some SD footage for you. I added you to my friends list, and I'm willing to snail mail you the uncompressed video. =)

#6 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

1) I'll still own your faces off (except Gamble's)

For that quote we should grab some footage of your first H3 attempt at sniping. ;)

#7 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

For that quote we should grab some footage of your first H3 attempt at sniping. ;)

So, can we enter Team Training with 8? Because your face is more than welcome to be first. :)

#8 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

So, can we enter Team Training with 8? Because your face is more than welcome to be first. :)

Actually, that brings up a good question. So how exactly does the party system work? Is it actually possible to drag two separate parties into the same match?

#9 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Actually, that brings up a good question. So how exactly does the party system work? Is it actually possible to drag two separate parties into the same match?

No. You can enter Team Training with eight, and then it will split you guys up into two teams. I think it will just skip over the "Looking for Players" screen.

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:53 AM

No. You can enter Team Training with eight, and then it will split you guys up into two teams. I think it will just skip over the "Looking for Players" screen.

That's even better. Thanks.

#11 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

Nobody seems to have tried out any other playlists, I wonder how big team games work?

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:48 AM

OMG Voc, you are so right. I mean, H3 is much harder, it's not like I'll grab a sniper rifle off of my very first spawn in Halo 3 and proceed to go on a Killing Spree. I mean, it'd just be ridiculous if my tool of destruction for my first game (hell, my first spawn) was the one you wanted to see me use, huh?

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

Upload it to your film share and I'll prove it to him. =)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq