Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#341 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

I've made some slight tweaks to some of the maps, like we talked about last night Voc, and have reuploaded them onto my fileshare.

I'll go ahead and list what I have for each map for those of you who haven't seen what I've done so far as well as the changes.

Moon Light

It's essentially Blackout with a Lockout makeover.

-Grav Lift is completely fix
-Fusion cores only explode once
-You can see the shotgun more easily when it spawns
-Cover added to elbow
-Both jumps up to Snipe 2 have been brought back (from Elbow and below Glass)
-Equipment has been removed
-Battle Rifle on top BR has been moved slightly toward the back and is now lying against the rail
-Added more cover to top BR
-Made it easier for grenade bouncing to top BR from top mid or Sniper 3, as well as made it easier to jump onto the ramp leading to it
-Replaced Brute Spiker with Needler
-Added smooth surfaces to all stairways to allow for grenade bouncing!

//Changes
-Moved the Flag capture area further back on top of BR tower

Silent Beach

I tried something a little different with this one, this is supposed to be a mixture of both Zanzibar and Last Resort.

-Replaced normal Warthog with Gauss Hog
-Moved Offensive Sniper and Shotgun to their original places of Zanzibar
-Added Sword to it's original place, and moved the Active Camo to the Active Camo tower
-Replaced the Deployable Grav Lift with the Bubble Shield
-Removed the Crates that were randomly sitting in front of the base area
-Added 4 Closed Boxes inside of the base area to make it more like the concrete blocks of Zanzibar
-Moved the Flag spawn inside of the base a little more towards the back to have it more/less between the crates

I didn't change any other weapon spawn or vehicles so it wouldn't feel weird from the transition back to Last Resort if we do in matchmaking.

//Changes
-Removed Radar Jammer
-Added a second Ghost to the right of the Gauss Hog
-Modified both positions for the bomb planting area, and flag spawn to be in the exact same spot

And for the new map, my version of ASC Avalanche.

ASC Avalanche

-Replaced Shotgun spawn with Rockets (only one Rocket Launcher is in the map)
-Replaced Sniper(s) spawn with Shotgun(s)
-Removed the original Rocket spawn with the Sniper and moved them closer to the teleporter
-Added a secondary Turret next to the other; both are aimed towards the base area
-Replaced Ghost spawn with Chopper
-Added a (somewhat) new selection of vehicles for each base including the 1 Prowler, 1 Ghost, 2 Mongoose, 1 Scorpion Tank, 1 Hornet, and 1 Warthog

//Possible change for later
-Add a Gauss Hog for each base

#342 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:10 AM

You won't be able to add a Gauss Hog to Avalanche unfortunately. It's a crime too, because that maps would be great for it.

I definitely liked some of your changes with each of these maps, some of them I'm not too hot on. I think we may end up with your version of Blackout as our ASC variant, barring some of the walkways and jumps. We'll have to playtest to find out. I'm definitely game with some of your changes to your Last Resort variant - I really think we should take all of the boxes and crates out of the base interior, giving offensive infantry little to no cover, but forcing them to consider vehicle interaction with the newly acquired Gauss Hog and the lack of a laser. Giving defense a Warthog inside the garage and a fully loaded rocket launcher (where laser is currently) would go a long way as well to giving the defenders more opportunity to stop infantry and the offensive team more reason to take a risky Warthog run.

I'd like to see how your map played, but I'd also like to see the same map with some slightly different changes. We should try both.

As for ASC Avalanche, I saw Dual's and he definitely has an interesting setup. I'd like to play with it for a bit. We worked on my version of ASC Avalanche which we should also give a test. Here are some of the changes I've made:
  • Added shotgun near front man cannon in both bases.
  • Removed shotgun from the short-mid cave.
  • Both sides have one of each of the following vehicles: Banshee, Wraith, Hornet, Mongoose, Warthog, Prowler, Chopper and Scorpion. All respawns are standard.
  • Took laser out of the long-mid cave and pulled it out to the edge of the Forerunner arch.
There was a lot of talk about replacing the shotgun with another weapon. I don't believe we need to or should. If the shotguns spawning at base works, then we should just keep the short-mid cave empty. The shotgun NEVER forced movement into that cave. Other overriding elements caused conflicts there, not any particular weapon. I could see adding rockets to that cave with a full clip and simply removing them from other parts of the map, but that is something we'd have to look at down the road. I personally like where rockets spawn now.

But why move the laser?

There are a few really good reasons for it. What happens right now with the laser is a group of 2-3 players from each team assault it via man cannon, there's a very short battle, the laser is acquired and brought back up through the passageway to short-mid. Then the acquiring team uses it on defense or by passing through short mid on offense.

This is boring and dumb.

What should happen is a huge vehicle conflagration and incentive to get a quick flag rush at the loss of a laser. So here's how it is on the map now: the laser spawns leaning against the far side of the Forerunner arch. You can see it within 500 yards, so anyone near that area or passing through only need toss and eyeball in that direction and you can tell if it's returned. You can also zoom in and see it from the ledges, which is a big plus and something that cannot be done in its default position. The most critical reason for this placement is at the start of the map. Rather than having a 4-6 player fracas which is quickly diffused, both teams will be forced to mount up. A pedestrian will actually take longer to reach the laser spawn than a player on a vehicle.

So from this I could see several players taking vehicles and a few taking the man cannon for rockets. Since the shotgun is in the base, the defenders can come along for the initial rush and not typically worry about it being compromised. There will also be an opportunity for a short rush for a flag up through short-mid. If the majority of the players are required for laser acquisition, that opens the bases up somewhat with a very big risk for what could be a potentially great reward.

Everything else about the map remains. We tried to figure out a way to give players the option to use the man cannons on the side, but nothing seemed to work from a functional or logical standpoint.

#343 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:27 AM

Map: Falcon (Video inside.)

Holy shit!

#344 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:26 AM

Holy shit!

That looks like a very interesting concept, but what's to prevent the other team from swiping your Hornet and Scorpion and then capping your flag. If you want to prevent that, you waste a lot of resources protecting those huge potential liabilities while your flag protection dwindles.

#345 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

Holy shit!

The design is great, but with the defenders knowing exactly where all of the attackers will be coming from each and every round I don't see it playing all that well. Maybe I'm wrong.

#346 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:22 AM

It kinda reminds me of Unreal Tournament's assault gametype.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#347 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

It seems like whichever team keeps thier rocket guy alive will win. Those close encounters will be easy with all the power weapons.

#348 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Damn that looks cool, but I don't think it will play well.

#349 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

I don't think it will play well either. But Holy Shit if they didn't build a spaceship in the air.

#350 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Hah, yeah, if anything, it looks awesome. It's really cool that it has rooms and stuff inside.

#351 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

There should be two ships, then it would be awesome. We could have a spartan laser fight and make our own Star Wars movie.

#352 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

Maybe I'll try to make another Boarding Action spiritual successor on Avalanche. I tried on Foundry but it was a little too small. I'll try one on Avalanche. See what happens.

#353 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

There should be two ships, then it would be awesome. We could have a spartan laser fight and make our own Star Wars movie.

No thanks.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#354 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

No thanks.

What about a needler/plasma pistol varient?

#355 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 467 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

I suppose it's too late for Bungie to introduce any fundamental changes to Forge outside of adding in various objects as they have been doing with each map pack? I'd personally kill for some kind of snap and lock feature that would assist in the precise placement of objects. So far, I've declined to care much about accurately placing each object on the map with pixel perfection, as it takes too much time and distracts from getting the map finished.

#356 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

My favorite thing to do in forge is sword fight with the giant radio towers while in monitor mode, I'm not much of a map maker I guess, but the sword fights kick ass, give it a try sometime!

#357 Highimpact1

Highimpact1
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Dead City

[Download]

Premise/How To Play
This is a Infection Holdout map which consists of Humans defending two buildings which are connected via catwalk. You are part of ETS (Emergency Transmission Squad) who were sent to investigate the Contamination Alert send out a week before. Your team finds the contaminate has leaked into the main water source and the NIV Virus had already spread throughout the surrounding area. The goal of the game is to surviving as a team, until evac. can arrive (5 Minutes.)

Video
This video has been Spotlighted on Xbox 360 Fanboy! You can find the video at three places:
Youtube Link
Viddler Link
Xbox 360 Fanboy Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Version 2 Update
With the introduction of the V2 Update there is now:

-Changing Time of Day!
From Day to Dusk, the light now changes with the day. The day starts out bright, then gets more gloomy. Finally the Gloom turns to Night. This makes the games more challenging for the humans (more balanced) and gives a very exciting twist.

-Map Evolution
The map now evolves as the game progresses, but only so slightly. Inside the base after nightfall, the greenhouse has only one path to the bottom instead of two. A fusion coil spawns right behind a doorway; partly to light the way, and partly as a deadly trap.

-Hidden Weapons
I now added an almost RPG or Scavenger type aspect to the game with the introduction of secret weapons hidden in some strategic locations on the map. There is now 3 Shotguns, 2 Pistols, 1 Battle Rifle, 1 Flamethrower & 1 SMG. To those of you who dislike having the extra weapons, do not worry, they are cleverly hidden and the only easy one to find is the SMG. There are also No Extra Rounds for any of the extra guns. This means one set of rounds, make it useful.

Gametype
This map is made to play with the Holdout Gametype.

Special Settings
Zombies:
100% Speed (Alpha Zombies have 110%)
75% Gravity
No Shield
Sword Use Only
Zombie Color

Humans:
100% Speed
100% Gravity
No Shields
Starting Weapon- Shotgun
Secondary Weapon- Pistol
Weapon Pickup On

Last Man Standing:
110% Speed
100% Gravity
150% Damage
2x Overshields
Weapon Pickup Off
Forced Color White
Waypoint for All

Affiliates
First and Foremost Everyone should check out one of the best groups on Bungie.Net...
The Bump List
With expert forging advice/tips, the bump list is THE place to go for a quality community, and some of the best maps ever created. I also recommend you check out the Bump List's latest & greatest map pack: "A Bump In The Night"

Also there is a great group started by Moderator Ash:
Community Map Favorites
This is really and excellent group to promote any wonderful maps you have found on Bungie. About every other week, the top maps in specific categories are voted on, and put into an unofficial Community Favorites List. I urge you to join this group, and start playing some really great maps made by the community.

Previous Maps
The Crypt
The Crypt is an award winning revolutionary infection game, in which the humans start out on the first floor, and must work together to make their way through the Crypt. Zombies can spawn nearly anywhere in the Crypt and thus are able to attack from the front and behind, so it is absolutely necessary to work as a team.

Spreading the Word
This map is now posted on:
High Impact Halo (View Thread)
Forge Hub (View Thread)

You can check out My Fileshare for some extra content.

Edited by Highimpact1, 26 May 2008 - 08:25 PM.

Share the Unexplored

#358 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

Forge thread is that a way ---> You don't make a new thread for a map you made.

#359 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

Spaceship updated

We should try this out for 1Flag games and make modifications as necessary. There should be TONS of ways in this ship. Not just teleporters or flying vehicles.

#360 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Thank you for owning my internet, Highimpact. The spaceship has potential to be amazingly chaotic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq