Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Looks cool. Hope it controls well...

#42 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:11 AM

Looks cool. Hope it controls well...

Me too. That's my only real concern for this game after seeing the footage.

#43 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

A glimpse at their new control scheme for selecting troops:

Joystiq:
You obviously want people to obey your wishes in a strategy game, but first, you have to get them to listen. Devine's very picky about unit selection, noting that it's one of the most vital aspects of managing your army. To demonstrate, Devine moves a central on-screen cursor to a group of UNSC soldiers loitering about the middle of a large base. Where the analog stick and cursor move, the camera follows. A tap of the A button selects an individual unit and pressing X sends it it towards the location of the cursor. A double-press (resist the urge to say "double-click") of the A button selects units of a similar type and holding the same button down creates a much larger reticle for sweeping over every character you wish to include. Tying various levels of selection to a single button seems like it would make for a natural process, though it may prove to be imprecise during heated moments

#44 alexh

alexh
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

A glimpse at their new control scheme for selecting troops:

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet.

This was posted on HBO
http://gamers-creed....?p=424#more-424

Halo Wars Demo tomorrow (monday)

#45 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet.

This was posted on HBO
http://gamers-creed....?p=424#more-424

Halo Wars Demo tomorrow (monday)

WHAT

omgomgomgomg That is AWESOME. Can't wait! =D

#46 alexh

alexh
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

Ok, don't kill me but at the very least we should have a
Spoiler
video of Halo Wars action tomorrow.

After further discussion the jury is still out whether or not this is a playable demo or a video demo.

Sadly, I think it's the latter. But nonetheless, there is a demo of some kind scheduled for release tomorrow.

Edit:
First, discovering credit goes to MasterChief2829 ( of HBO )
Second, Magni Harvald (HBO) discovered an excerpt in this article, and it goes something like this..

"Haven't seen Halo Wars in action yet? Hold out until Monday and you can see the 360 RTS in action on Xbox Live Marketplace, Ensemble Studios informs us.
The video demonstration will consist of gameplay from the recent E3 and Leipzig demos, complete with commentary from the dev team. If you haven't seen it, the short preview consists of a massive UNSC base and a skirmish with an army of Covenant forces - complete with hulking Scarab walker.

It's looking rather promising and with a demo due out shortly before release next year, we should know if it's any cop well in advance. "

Edited by alexh, 26 August 2007 - 06:57 PM.

#47 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

It's looking rather promising and with a demo due out shortly before release next year, we should know if it's any cop well in advance. "

I really really doubt it's a demo.

#48 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

:(

#49 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

No Demo. Just lots of Gameplay.

Click for Video

P.S. Wow, today is a busy day. Non-Stop Halo Love.

My kind of day.

#50 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

Holy hell, that was awesome. Looks amazing (both visually and gameplay-wise). Can't wait to try it out.

#51 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Looks great. But I can't shake the feeling that the Warthog drivers are on acid. I mean, I know it fishtales. But not everytime the thing turns.

#52 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

It looks really cool. I'm less excited about the gameplay...

#53 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

Some info and screens:

http://www.worthplay...i...ead&order=0

Edited by Va1or, 02 January 2008 - 09:29 PM.

#54 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

You know what I don't understand. The game is a prequel, yet the Covenant and UNSC are fighting on a Halo? lol wut?

Taken from the article:

"New take on a legendary world. Set in the iconic ?Halo? universe, ?Halo Wars? predates the original first-person shooter ?Halo.? Fans of the ?Halo? franchise will have the opportunity to experience the early battles between the UNSC and Covenant, the far-reaching conflict that has been diligently followed by the masses in the blockbuster ?Halo? series."

Posted Image

#55 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I haven't seen anywhere where it said that they would be fighting on an installation.

Edited by Cocopjojo, 02 January 2008 - 10:01 PM.

#56 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,907 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image

Looks a lot like a Forerunner installation to me. Maybe not a Halo, but definitely Forerunner. Also, holy crap at that third screenshot.

#57 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

I haven't seen anywhere where it said that they would be fighting on an installation.

You really think that dosn't look like a Halo in the background?

#58 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

You really think that dosn't look like a Halo in the background?

Lol, I see it now - the image hadn't loaded earlier, on this page or on worthplaying.com's page. Sorry.

And now that I see it, I'm disturbed. I think it's really lame that they're somehow working a Halo into the story. So Cortana and Keyes' surprise at seeing a Halo, Miranda requesting all the information she can get on this "Halo," whether she "has the clearance or not," and even the Covenant's joy at finally finding the most holy of relics, a functioning installation - why does any of that matter, if battles had already taken place on a Halo? I guess I should wait and see how the game handles it, but... I have a feeling that this may be what we should come to expect, what with MS wanting dozens of Halo games and subsequently handing out those projects to other developers.

Edited by Cocopjojo, 02 January 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#59 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

My little brother just suggested to me that it may just be a skirmish map. Hadn't thought of that.

#60 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:23 AM

They wouldn't be able to call it Halo Wars if it didn't have a Halo somewhere in it. It's also possible that the game overlaps the events of Halo 1, so you could be fighting in other battles that took place during the first game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq