What I don't like about Reach

Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 drossello

drossello
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

Okay, i know its been mention before in, like every major gaming forum and web page....THE GHOSTING IN CUTSCENES KILL THE FUN!!!!!! Ive tried everything on my tv and nothing will fix it..... has a solution been given?

#22 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

We've said this before, the problem isn't your TV; it's the game. You can tweak TV settings all day if you want, but it's not going to change anything.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#23 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Another thing. WTF, my Triplicate emblem isn't in the game. Also gone are: the Hawk, Subnova, Superintendent, and the Marathon emblem.

Here is what David Candland has to say:

And he confirmed you can't unlock any more emblems :(

The missing hawk pretty much ruins the game for me. Mostly being sarcastic but I was a little annoyed since I have used it to make my longhorn since H2

#24 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

One problem I have that hasn't been mentioned is the campaign audio. I have a really hard time understanding the in-game chatter between the spartans. I wish having subtitles on would work beyond just the cut scenes but unfortunately it doesn't.

Kat is definitely the hardest to understand.

Maybe it's your settings. The sound is just going through my tv speakers, no fancy setup or anything, and I hear all the in-game chatter just fine.

#25 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

Tanks in big team.

I think it's just the Scorpion, the Wraith wouldn't be nearly as bad. Then again, it would probably be perfect without the tanks and just the Rev which is a mini tank.

The missing hawk pretty much ruins the game for me. Mostly being sarcastic but I was a little annoyed since I have used it to make my longhorn since H2

The Bulltrue emblem would be perfect for this. Apparently I misunderstood before when David Candland said that they're trying to avoid IP issues with some emblems to which I understood that they didn't use the SI, Hawk, etc because they don't have the IP. Since this is their last Halo game they don't want to use their IP (superintendent, hawk, triplicate, subnova, etc) on this game. I'm assuming we can expect to see them on Bungie's next game.

#26 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Frigging tanks. EDIT: Scorpions that is.

Edited by Merguson, 20 September 2010 - 08:27 AM.

#27 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

You guys may want to backup your Halo Reach campaign files, particularly if you haven't beaten the game on legendary. Last night I was one level away from finishing up solo legendary when somehow all of my campaign data was erased. The game acted like I hadn't played it before; it reset all my controller, video, and avatar settings, and now all of the levels are locked again. Apparently this is a common problem, and Bungie has yet to address it. Just a heads up.

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Damn that's BS! Is there anything that causes it?

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

My biggest peeve with Halo Reach: Rank cap. Fuck off, Bungie.

#30 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

My biggest peeve with Halo Reach:

Rank cap.

Fuck off, Bungie.

Posted Image

#31 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 632 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

My biggest peeve with Halo Reach:

Rank cap.

Fuck off, Bungie.

Really? Your biggest peeve is the rank cap? You're easy to please.

#32 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Damn that's BS! Is there anything that causes it?

I have yet to identify the common link between those that have had this happen. Bungie has yet to say anything about it, so for now it remains unclear.

#33 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Really? Your biggest peeve is the rank cap? You're easy to please.

Yeah man, fuck that noise.

Right behind it is team splitting and framerate, though.

#34 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Annoys me that matchmaking preferences aren't saved. Having to check the 'good connection' box every time you reenter matchmaking is stupid.

#35 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Annoys me that matchmaking preferences aren't saved. Having to check the 'good connection' box every time you reenter matchmaking is stupid.

Not only that, but the "good connection" filter doesn't even work.

#36 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

The lag I get every time I play firefight is unbearable. I have to anticipate everything a solid second before it actually occurs in the game. Have played a few campaign games like this as well. I guess that would be my biggest issue so far.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#37 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

Host migration. Urgh. Even when nobody leaves the game and it still happens.

#38 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

Host migration happened a lot when I was playing campaign with Self and Thrasher. It would switch between the us three, and become unplayable whenever it switched to me :( I upgraded my router firmware and the network test says everything is good, so maybe it'll work now.

#39 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

The story in general. And let me elaborate, I've never played the Halo games for the story. This goes out for all of the games in the series and not just Reach either. While the games do have some great action moments, a bit of mystery & awe, and some moody scenes it just doesn't do it for me. There's not enough substance in order to make it reach that level of standards that I hold for a "great" storyline, which kinda sucks because there are a lot of elements to the Halo universe that have been very well crafted and made to be utilized by an even better story, but I have yet to see it. With these elements, there is very little that is actually explained and I really think doesn't do the series the kind of justice it needs because they are not. The background of Spartans as a whole, why the Covenant are attacking Humanity & and want them wiped from the universe, and (just to throw out one from our latest game) why that Saber base/ships were so important that they were denied it's very existence are just to name a few things that could have been explained, but they chose not to. When an important character died, I didn't feel the type of emotion as I may have had if each character was worked on more which brings me to my main point, character development. There really hasn't been any throughout the series. Why should I care about characters that I hardly know as a person? Games like Uncharted, Splinter Cell, the upcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and yes Metal Gear Solid are perfect examples of how it should be done. Hell, I fully believe that Gears of War does a better job at this in a way. Now before you think I'm hating on the game, I'm not. Halo has always been a fantastic game with beautiful vistas, and very fun game play. I just wish that they had a better story writer.

#40 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

While I agree that the stories have never been fantastic, I actually enjoyed ODST and Reach more for the dark atmosphere. It put you into the mindset that this is a desperate struggle for survival. For some reason, other shooters just don't feel that way, not even Halo 2 or 3 (maybe 1). Or at least, not the the same extent. In the horror genre (games and movies), some things are just better left unexplained, and that's kinda how I feel about the Sabre along with the Covenant invasion. Any explanation would've been lame, out of place, and told in an extra unnecessary cutscene or awkwardly placed reference in a level. It also puts you into better shoes as the role of a Spartan. Let's assume the top dogs know how the Covenant found Reach. Would that information filter down to infantry within the first few days of a heated battle? Not likely. The only thing the Spartan is supposed to do is point and shoot. And I actually did feel a little sorry for the deaths of Nobel characters. At the same time, other games have a lot better character development. Example: *spoiler from FF7*
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq