Battlefield 1

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

The beta is out. Blaze and I played for a little bit.

It's pretty neat - you should check it out!

#2 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

Game runs suspiciously well on my little GTX 760. I don't understand how that's possible.

#3 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:31 AM

Game runs suspiciously well on my little GTX 760. I don't understand how that's possible.

My guess is they ported the optimization work that was done on Battlefront straight through. Battlefront was optimized incredibly well, and this certainly follows suit - it's also very similar aesthetically.

Certainly a feat of engineering, with how much shit is going on. The physics in particular are better than ever, and combine that with the dynamic weather system and 100% dynamic lighting... DICE are wizards.

#4 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

Downloaded on PS4, played for 5 minutes, turned it off. Not a fan.

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Same. Decidedly not fun. No thank you.

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

Just played for about an hour. It's fun, but not the kind of fun I'd pay money for.

#7 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

Deftech/Cuse, what's wrong with it?

#8 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

Deftech/Cuse, what's wrong with it?

Yeah, wondering what your issues are. I've played it for a couple of hours and really liked it. Feels like a Battlefield game to me. Which is good.

#9 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

Maybe I'm just not that into the formula then (although I do remember enjoying Battlefield 3).

I... felt like a cog/grunt instead of a badass. There are so. many. people. running around everywhere (so good job on the sense of scale I guess), but it just boiled down to run-run-run-die for me. I'm used to the Halo/Destiny formula where you have lengthy, frequent stretches of feeling like an unstoppable badass. This felt more like lengthy, frequent stretches of feeling like cannon fodder for vehicles, snipers, etc. Also lengthy, frequent stretches of not seeing an enemy for what felt like minutes at a time.

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

Battlefield 3 was very compact compared to some of the older entries in the series. (See: Metro, et al.)

BF1 definitely feels more like BF2 than any of the other recent entries. Whether that's a good thing or not is for you to decide (for me, who's been playing since 1942, it's a great thing).

One thing I'm not a fan of is the current balance of vehicles (tanks in particular) against infantry. The "light" tank being as durable as it is now is rather unfortunate - the anti-vehicle grenade for non-assault classes is too weak right now when compared to the health pool of most vehicles.

The horse and the light jeep are great fun, and I'm confident that the tanks will get there too. DICE can balance it, even if it takes them some time. The game will likely be a mess immediately after launch, as most Battlefield titles are. It will undoubtedly be a bargain in a year or so, and chock full of content.

I'll play it on launch anyway, because I hate myself.

Edited by Drew, 09 September 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#11 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Getting dis on xbone.

#12 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

Same

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

This game is the best shooter I've played in years.

At least on PC, Operations are the bees knees. The basic Assault gun is arguably just a little too strong, I feel it's gonna get nerfed before long.

#14 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,032 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:57 PM

I have it on the Bone. Most insane tutorial / prologue ever.

#15 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

The Rank 10 SMG for Assault is ridiculous. 60 rounds per magazine, great damage and range, and stellar accuracy even from the hip.

Edited by Drew, 29 October 2016 - 03:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq