USA - Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005
JAPAN - Saturday, December 10, 2005
EUROPE - Friday, December 2, 2005
It's that time again. Another system launch is nearing, and the hype grows every day.
To put it another way: "next gen am here, bitches!"
BASICS I: SYSTEM/SKU DETAILS
(click for higher-res and a gallery)
Xbox 360 Core Pack:
Price - $299.99/?299.99/?209.99/$399.99CDN
(1) Xbox360 Unit
(1) Wired 360 Controller
(1) Standard AV cable
Xbox 360 Premium Pack:
Price - $399.99/?399.99/?279.99/$499.99CDN
(1) Xbox360 Unit
(1) Detachable 20-GB hard-drive
(1) Wireless Controller
(1) Component HD AV cable
(1) Ethernet cable
(1) Media Remote control (limited time)
Xbox 360 JPN Pack:
Price - 37900 yen
(1) Xbox360 Unit
(1) Detachable 20-GB hard-drive (Preloaded with Final Fantasy XI Beta)
(1) Wireless Controller
(1) Media Remote control
(1) Component HD-AV Cable
(1) Ethernet cable
● Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: $49.99
● Xbox 360 Wired Controller (also compatible with PC/drivers downloadable): $39.99
● Xbox 360 Wired Controller w/ CD containing drivers: $44.99
● Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote: $29.99
● Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit: $19.99
● Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB): $39.99
● Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB): $99.99
● Xbox 360 Headset: $19.99
● Xbox 360 Faceplates: $19.99
● Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter: $99.99
● Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable: $29.99
● Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable: $39.99
● Xbox 360 Component HDAV Cable: $39.99
● Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack: $11.99
● Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card: $49.99
Play & Charge Kit
Rechargeable Battery Pack
Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card
Xbox 360 Memory Card 64MB
Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter
360 Remote Control
Nitro Racing Wheel
This aggressively styled wheel provides a driving experience guaranteed to maximize and intensify popular racing games. A full rubber wheel head provides a secure, comfortable grip and precise steering. Additionally, four wheel-mounted paddles, sequential stick-shift, high-intensity dual-vibration feedback and four preset steering sensitivity modes allow gamers to customize the experience to suit their personal taste. The wheel is Xbox Live online game service compatible and includes a back-lit Xbox Guide button for instant access to digital music, game and movie libraries. MSRP is $79.99.
Neo SE Controller
JOYTECH's Neo Se Controller offers style, comfort and unmatched feel, plus instant access to movies, music and games on Xbox 360 via the back-lit Xbox Guide button. Ergonomically designed left and right shoulder buttons give an unprecedented level of control, while high-intensity dual-vibration feedback, two analog pressure point triggers and an eight way directional pad provide an incredibly realistic gaming experience. The controller also features an expansion port and a ten-foot break-away controller cable. MSRP is $29.99.
SE Communicator Headset
Complementing the JOYTECH Neo Se Controller, the Se Headset Communicator throws gamers into the heart of the action, allowing real time two way communication with multiple players over the Xbox Live; service. Designed for sustained length of play, the Headset Communicator offers high levels of comfort whilst delivering exceptionally clear and crisp two-way audio with other players. Communicate with fellow gamers in the heat of the action, or simply chat with friends over Xbox Live;, the JOYTECH Headset Communicator transforms multi player gaming forever. MSRP is $19.99.
BASICS II: SPECIFICATIONS
Some of this info might be slightly outdated, considering it was the first released shit. A more comprehensive breakdown, however, I could not find. It suits the purpose well I think!
Additionally, Xbox 360 is 10.25 inches wide and anywhere between 2.5 to 3.25 inches high.
BASICS III: A BRIEF HISTORY
The viral marketing campaign that started all the hype, check out Our Colony. Another, newer campaign is Origen.
Right off Our Colony came the MTV special, which heralded the arrival of the 360 and its details on May 12, 2005. The same night, Wallguy was born at 1up.
If you ever wanted to know the process that went behind picking the name to the new Xbox, this article.
BASICS IV: XBOX LIVE
Will Xbox 360 use the same Live network as Xbox?
This will be the same network, but it will be greatly advanced from the original Live structure. Online play has become a huge reason to own an Xbox, and the company is hoping to carry this momentum over to the Xbox 360. Actually, Xbox Live is already in its third form: the last major update was when Xbox 3.0 was rolled out in April of 2004. Now, the Live experience has been advanced past just competing with other players. The 360 allows gamers to stream their own music from MP3 devices, enter video chats, customize their interface, purchase games, watch movies, view slideshows, and more. Oh, and most everything will be free.
Microsoft has not released a price point for new Xbox Live subscribers on 360, but it has stated that all current subscribers will carry over to the new console. I'll state that again for emphasis: Current Xbox Live subscribers will automatically have access to Live on 360 at no added cost.
There are two tiers of Live service on Xbox 360. The silver tier is free and includes access to the Marketplace, with gamer profiles, voice and text messaging, video messages from gold members, and some massive multiplayer online games. The gold level is paid and includes all of the silver functionality along with online tournaments, video chat, multiplayer gaming, and Live special events.
We already know that every Xbox 360 game will be Live enabled, but what's really impressive is the visual and functional overhaul given to the system. First off, the interface has become much more accessible. Say you are entranced in a deathmatch in your favorite 360 title and a friend request from an unknown gamer pops up on the screen. At this point all the player has to do is hit the raised silver button on the 360 controller to enter the Xbox Live general menu. But what if there is more than one person gaming? The four points of the X are marked as 1, 2, 3, and 4 to differentiate between players, and each section lights up separately for separate notifications.
Hitting the silver button takes gamers into a menu where they have access to all Xbox Live functionality. When checking out information on a friend request, players will view a Gamer Card. This resembles a baseball card and includes all of their key stats. The first of these stats is a five star meter labeled "reputation." Microsoft describes this as their equivalent of an Ebay reliability rating, though it is more sensitive to time. This means that someone cannot build up a high reputation then decide to terrorize other players based off their previous high ranking.
The next number on the card is a gamerscore. Each 360 game offers up a certain number of achievements that can be accomplished through successful gaming. For example, Halo 2 might award players 500 points for beating the game on Legendary. This number is catalogued both on and offline, so if a hardcore gamer decides to sign up for Live a year after purchasing the new console, he will receive full gamerscore credit. What is more difficult to describe is the accessible interface. Players can cycle through the menus with the L and R triggers. Each menu is visible on the side of the screen in a layered file-folder system. The edges of the menu have the same slight concave quality as the system, and Microsoft refers to them as "blades." We'll just say that the menus are clean, quick, and easy to navigate.
Will we be able to message players on an original Xbox via Xbox 360?
Because this will be the same network, it should be possible for the old console to communicate with the new one. Microsoft isn't looking to cut people off from their services; they are looking to carry over a growing user base.
The Jerk Filter: Matchmaking
Perhaps the most common Xbox Live complaint is that people would like greater control over who they play with. Besides the reputation, players can also decide which "zone" they want to play in. The zones are broken down into R&R, family, pro, and underground. This separates the categories of online gamers and pairs up people who go online for like reasons. All information entered into Live is used during matchmaking to ensure the best possible game, meaning that someone in the family zone looking for a laid back online experience won't be matched with a hardcore, competitive pro.
There is also a feedback option that passes data into the matchmaking algorithms. Rating someone positively tells the system that you would enjoy being matched with them in the future. Rate someone negatively and you will most likely never see them again. From the Live interface you can also access a list of a couple hundred most recent competitors along with, of course, video, voice, and text messages. There are also options for parents to set 360 to only play games of a certain rating and limit communication capabilities.
More Than Custom Soundtracks
We all know that every 360 game supports custom soundtracks, but this doesn't just mean burning MP3s onto the 360's hard drive. From the two USB ports on the front of the system (one in the back), you can attach any portable MP3 player and stream music through the console. Don't like your friend's play list? Whip out your iPod, plug it in, and change the tunes. At Microsoft they had an assortment of MP3 players to show off this functionality. Satchell picked one up, and within seconds we were streaming its contents.
This can also be done with USB camera devices. In fact, it is possible to have a video chat with another Live member, stream music, and share a slide show online all at the same time. If pictures are on a disc, it is possible to copy them over to the hard drive. The USB ports also support keyboards, so online messaging without voice support is possible.
From the Xbox Live menu, players can press the X button to enter the system's dashboard. From here you can access all attached media devices, game information, downloads, and system settings. One of the options under the Media menu is the Media Center Extender. The console is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows Media Center, so gamers with a home network can use 360 to stream music and HD movies from their PC.
Marketplace and Microtransactions
The Xbox Live Marketplace is where gamers will find all of their downloadable content. This includes demos, HD trailers, skins, themes, images for gamercards, and their download history. Micro-transactions aren't just a nifty way to sell content -- they also allow gamers to purchase items without the use of a credit card. Now, people can enter a local retailer, purchase a redeemable card, and change it into credits on Live. With this system, it is possible to package credits with games or give credits as prizes.
What about the headset?
The new headset plugs into the wireless controller. The ports support most cell phone headsets.
Will our Friends list transfer over?
How many players will the new Live support?
Most likely games will support 16-32 players, but expect this number to consistently grow. Recently we participated in a 50 player deathmatch in Black Hawk Down on the current hardware and Live setup. Also, Joint Operations on the PC supports 128 players, so if these numbers are possible now, expect similar results on Xbox 360.
The "launch window" list of Live Arcade titles will be:
Astropop ? Popcap Games
Bankshot Billiards 2 ? pixelStorm, Inc
Bejeweled 2 ? Popcap Games
Crystal Quest ? Stainless Games
Feeding Frenzy ? Popcap Games
Gauntlet ? Midway Home Entertainment
Geometry Wars 2 ? Bizarre Creations
Hardwood Backgammon ? Silver Creek Entertainment
Hardwood Hearts ? Silver Creek Entertainment
Hardwood Spades ? Silver Creek Entertainment
Hexic? HD ? Microsoft Game Studios
Hoopworld ? Streamline Studios
Jewel Quest ? iWin.com
Joust ? Midway Home Entertainment
Marble Blast Ultra ? GarageGames
Mutant Storm Reloaded ? PomPom Games
Outpost Kaloki ? Wahoo Studios
Robotron 2084 ? Midway Home Entertainment
SmashTV ? Midway Home Entertainment
Wik: Fable of Souls ? Reflexive Entertainment
Zuma ? Popcap Games
Publishers who will support Xbox Live Arcade:
Mad Doc Software
Microsoft Game Studios
Midway Home Entertainment
Mumbo Jumbo (United Developers)
Naked Sky Entertainment
Pick Up And Play
Secret Lair Studios
Silver Creek Entertainment
Vivendi Universal Games
Next-Gen is reporting that games will be $5 or $10 each (addressing the biggest complaint for the original Xbox Live Arcade).
According to someone at Evil Avatar
-All games will support 1080i
-Joust has both updated and classic graphics, and co-op play over Live
-There will be a big push for independent publishers
Pictures of Arcade from E3
BASICS V: LAUNCH GAMES
As always, launch details are subject to change at will. Being that we don't even have final confirmed launch game lists, this is the closest we got ;)
Amped 3 (Take-Two)
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (EA)
Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
Madden NFL 06 (EA)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
NHL 2k6 (Take-Two)
Perfect Dark Zero (MicroSoft)
Quake 4 (Activision)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (EA)
Tony Hawk American Wasteland (Activision)
Top Spin 2 (Take-Two)
Also, these should make it out around launch window...
Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA/Monolith)
Dead or Alive 4 (TECMO)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Take-Two)
Frame City Killers (NAMCO)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
Ridge Racer 6 (NAMCO)
XBOX 360 FAQ
What is the minimum definition that all games must run at for 360?
All Xbox 360 games must come in at 720p/16:9. As a bonus, they all must also have 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.
What about backwards compatability? I heard Xbox 360 will have some.
Indeed. Although it's not clear exactly what games will be working out of the box, IGN has this to say on the subject...
What's the range for the controllers?
Long ago at 2005's E3, Microsoft announced that Xbox 360 would be backwards compatible with many of the first console's "top selling games." This was an interesting choice of words indicating that partial backwards compatibility would be available. There has been no definitive list of what Xbox games will and will not work on 360 but we have been able to piece together an explanation for the limited functionality.
Backwards compatibility will require the use of a hard drive to store emulation code. This means that gamers looking to play Halo 2 on 360 should steer clear of the Core package. The hard drive will be used to emulate the Xbox 1 hardware and many Xbox games will require tweaks to the emulator code. One emulator does not simply allow the playback of every original Xbox game so Microsoft is forced to pick and choose which titles to spend time on. It is almost a guaranteed that the Halo games will run from day one with an emulator preloaded onto the hard drive. We've also learned from our sources that Microsoft isn't just looking at sales numbers for backwards compatible games- they also want the highest quality games on Xbox to translate over to 360 regardless of sales numbers.
One reason for this is that as Microsoft ports the more technically advanced games over to Xbox 360's emulator, fixes that they've done to make the most complex and demanding games work will trickle down to less complex games, theoretically allowing them to work as well.
There have recently been rumors floating about that future Xbox games currently in development will run on 360 using a method that allows them to use the system's cache to run an emulator. We have yet to receive confirmation on this info, but it would be an interesting way to phase out the old hardware.
According to IGN, it's 30 feet. Source
What formats does Xbox360 support?
IGN has the goods again: Progressive-scan DVD movie playback out of the box; DVD and CD music and photo playback out of the box; support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD. Source
How much do games cost? I heard they're getting more expensive...
Unfortunately this is the case. Next-gen games will retail for $59.99. However, there is a nice exception - Microsoft first party games will go for $49.99.
What are some publishers/devs creating games for 360?
Publishers/devs signed on:
Buena Vista Games
Vivendi Universal Games
Developers creating some exclusive content:
Yoshiki Okamoto's Game Republic
Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker
Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Q Entertainment
THE GAMES: IN DEPTH
Amped 3, like snowboarding itself, isn?t just about the sport. Sure, it all starts with riding huge mountains, finding lines through the trees in hip-deep powder, and tricking your butt off?which is why there?s an all-new physics engine, perfected controls, and the most authentic riding experience at some of the world?s greatest winter resorts. But the soul of snowboarding is all about style. So, in Amped 3, there?s incredible customization, a fat helping of boarding culture, and huge Snowbox? loaded with killer gameplay. With a new Park Builder, insane bone-breaking sledding, and snowmobiles for exploring, you can be who you want, go where you want, and do what you want.
● Massive Mountains ? Amped 3 features seven new resorts, up to three times larger than levels in Amped 1 and 2. Take on hundreds of challenges around the resorts, or pull out your sled and try to hang on for dear life. Explore the entire mountain on a snowmobile, get away from it all in the back country, or find the perfect spot and build your own obstacles, rails, and jumps.
● Snowbox? ? The resorts are loaded with hundreds of challenges; beat them and earn upgrades, new stuff, or Coin you can use to buy a ton of swag. And these challenges aren?t just about your skills on a snowboard?there?s snowmobiling, sledding, and more. All your top scored runs, hang-times and crashes are automatically posted for all to see on Live??see how you measure up against the rest of the planet and go grab the top spot.
● Park Builder ? Anywhere, anytime, you can plant your own jumps and rails to create a personal terrain park, add things to trick off to get better High Scores, or just make a difficult challenge a little easier. You can even create your own sessioning area. And you earn newer and crazier objects to plant as you play the game.
● Coop Sled Slaughter?- Hop on a sled and just try to hang on! The longer you can rise, the greater the destruction and carnage? and the bigger your medical bills (aka high score). Or, if you want to teach your buddy a lesson, tie your sleds together and see who can do more damage to themselves. Good times!
● Snow Tracks ? Over 300 new indie music tracks?again Amped 3 offers up more fresh tracks than any game ever made.
● Story - Amped 3 stays true to its roots with the most authentic trick-based snowboarding game that is played out in an incredibly cool new story that takes you on a mind-blowing trip into the snowboarding subconscious. You and crew have been saving up cash for a trip to Chile, where you all plan to keep riding until the money runs out. But when someone steals the cash and tries to pin it on you, the rest of the crew mysteriously disappears and you?re on your own. Then things get REALLY weird. It?s up to you to find out what the crap is goin? on as you ride some of the greatest resorts around the world and conquer your nemesis.
CALL OF DUTY 2
Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories as they overcome insurmountable odds in multiple campaigns. Players have the freedom to follow each of the four storylines through for the ultimate character-driven experience, or they can engage in the historic battles chronologically for quick hitting action.
Infinity Ward, creator of the blockbuster, original Call of Duty, has also expanded the scope of combat to deliver a truly realistic battlefield experience. Squads now have the freedom to take on a variety of mission objectives, on expansive battlefields that allow for multiple paths and the ability to utilize actual combat tactics like outflanking and fire and maneuver capabilities.
Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your background?
(Hank) I?m Hank Keirsey, retired Lieutenant Colonel, US Army -- twenty-four years of service with the Army, three years with Activision. I have a bachelor?s degree from West Point and a master?s in history from Duke. I taught military history at the Military Academy. I am a combat veteran of the first Gulf War and returned from Iraq last May working with a contractor. I served three years at the Army?s premier training center- - I have seen and trained over 1000 infantry platoons. I trained West Point cadets in tactics and leadership for five years. With the Call of Duty franchise, John and I are here to help pass on our experiences and further help the team make the most intense and authentic game possible. (John) I?m John Hillen, retired US Army Captain ? twelve years of service with the Army and three years with Activision as a military advisor to all the games in the Call of Duty franchise. I served in combat in the first Gulf War as a cavalry officer and have also served with airborne and special operations units the world over. I have a Master?s Degree in War Studies from King?s College London and a PhD from Oxford. I?ve written several books and hundreds of articles in military affairs and military history. I review books for the New York Post and am an on-air commentator for ABC News.
One of the missions in the game depicts the desert battle that took place in Toujane, between General Montgomery?s 8th Army and General Rommel?s Afrikakorps, what was the importance and significance of this battle?
(Hank) The desert war between Rommel and Montgomery has held a fascination for historians and military buffs for a long time. Vast expanses of desert and formations of tanks maneuvered like so many ships in a huge ocean of sand -- each side always searching for that key flank or weak point in the other side?s disposition. Armored platforms accelerated the speeds at which battles developed -- in a blink, if you dropped your guard, you could have tanks thundering through your rear areas. And, that spells trouble.
We tend to think of the desert war as pure tank combat, but champion Armored formations were those that understood the coordination needed between tanks and infantry: too many antitank guns ahead -- root ?em out with grunts; enemy tanks ahead ? then lead with armor. The battle in Toujane showcases a fight where, because of the tight quarters of houses and narrow valleys, the tanks and infantry really need to work closely together. A heads up from a grunt to a tanker about what?s in a window or around a corner can make all of the difference for success.
(John) This battle was the culmination of a titanic campaign that had swept back and forth across North Africa for over two years already. And it involved some of the most well-known military personalities of the war in Rommel and Montgomery. The action in Toujane was part of a larger attack on the Mareth Line, a heavily fortified set of German defensive positions known as the Maginot Line of Africa. Nonetheless, in heavy fighting in 1943 Montgomery managed to break through Rommel?s line and flank him, marking the beginning of the end for the Afrikakorps. The challenges of fighting in Toujane and the close coordination of tanks, infantry, and even air support seen in this mission make this an excellent and intensive battle that was historically decisive.
Call of Duty 2's new engine and A.I. technology set the stage for authentic squad combat and astonishing action. Concealment can be key as battlefield smoke or even deployed smoke grenades cloud visibility. Weather effects such as the dusty sandstorms of North Africa and whiteout blizzard conditions of Russia, for example, will keep soldiers glued to their bunkers. The team has also employed a state-of-the-art Battle Chatter System that brings the action to life as squad-mates bark out context-sensitive updates in real-time to players through an advanced A.I. system.
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup immerses players into the emotional intensity of next generation soccer. Utilizing the power of the Xbox 360, fans will be able to revel in the world's most sophisticated representation of soccer ever.
Experience a newly enhanced gameplay engine that delivers extremely responsive controls and greater level of depth. New physics and animations mean that players will now react more realistically to every tackle, shot or pass of the ball.
For the first time you'll see and feel the joy, anguish and pain of 90 minutes of soccer in a videogame. Through the power of HD technology you'll see how the detail of the players is now accurately recreated in fine detail. Examine the threads in the club badge or watch as sweat runs down the player's face during a match.
Stadiums now burst with life and atmosphere. All-new 3D crowds pack the stands singing authentic anthems sampled from real matches. The edge of the pitch will now also include team coaches pacing the touchline plus the full preparation for every substitution and even the referee's assistants tracking the action as the match unfolds.
Team formations and strategic decisions are now managed on-the-fly during the match using a newly designed interface. An innovative, integrated menu system means you no longer have to interrupt the flow of the game to make substitutions or change tactics. Take part in the European Qualification rounds for the World Cup or create your own tournaments to showcase all the new improvements.
Prepare to truly experience international soccer.
● Next Gen Gameplay: The most responsive and context sensitive gameplay yet seen in a FIFA video game. With a deeper sense of control and real world physics players now behave and react believably to every situation on the pitch bringing you closer to the action.
●Believable Players: For the first time ever in a soccer game players exhibit life-like body movement and facial expressions. Watch as players express the full spectrum of emotion from elation as they blast home the winning goal, to venting their anger at decisions that go against them in critical match situation.
● Immersive Environments: Experience every detail of life on pitch. A combination of the most accurately modelled stadiums from around the world brought to life with dynamic 3D crowds. Through HD you'll see and interact with a living world, right down to the individually rendered blades of grass on the pitch.
● New Presentation:Go beyond broadcast with the all new intuitive gameplay interface. The integration of this new menu system lets matches flow seamlessly while the player makes tactical changes and substitutions on the fly.
● Road to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Mode: Take part in the European Qualification rounds for the World Cup or create your own custom tournaments. FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup gives you the opportunity to admire the detail of 72 teams, 1,700 players in nine different stadiums from Europe and the rest of the world.
● Online: Enjoy the ultimate in online play using the Xbox 360's native multiplayer technology. Play gamers from all around the world in instant peer-to-peer matches with little effort.
Set in the untamed West of the late-1800s, GUN is a free-roaming action-adventure game that takes players to a world without laws where greed, lust and murder are rampant. As Colton White, a vengeful gunslinger, players must straddle the line between good and evil as they showdown against corrupt lawmen, a murderous preacher, renegade army psychopaths, merciless outlaws and unforgiving Native Americans, while waging war on horseback, collecting bounties, and commandeering trains. Players travel through an action-packed landscape of high mountain wilderness, deserts and bustling territorial towns in an epic story of betrayal, greed, and revenge.
● Expansive Free-Roaming Interactive World - Players traverse on horseback or foot through a living, populated environment that stretches from the snowy mountains of Montana, to the plains of Dodge City, Kansas and the deserts of New Mexico where danger is at every turn.
● Extensive Variety of Mission - Experience an extensive variety of missions such as: wage war on horseback, hunt for bounties, play poker, protect ladies of the night, hunt buffalo, assault a frontier fort.
● Broad Range of Gameplay - Multiple gameplay styles include: strategic gunplay and precision shooting, stealth tactics, and use of explosives. Embark on numerous side missions to master gun slinging and horse riding. Players can unlock secret weapons and upgrade skills and abilities to improve their weapon and equipment performance.
● Epic Storyline - Written by Hollywood scriptwriter Randall Jahnson (Mask of Zoro, The Doors), GUN's engrossing storyline and plot progression will transport players back in time to the lawless West where they encounter ladies of the night, a murderous preacher, and many other characters.
● Experience the Brutality and Gritty Lawlessness of The West - Players battle their way through a harsh, visceral and unforgiving landscape that portrays the West as it really was. They can act as a gunslinger protecting righteousness or seek retribution as they face resistance fighters, local lawmen, renegade soldiers and vengeful Native Americans.
● Authentic Weapons - Encounter authentic gunslingers of the time and utilize a multitude of authentic weapons such as: six shooters, shotguns, Gatling guns, flaming arrows, hatchets, and dynamite.
KAMEO: ELEMENTS OF POWER
Renowned game developer Rare Ltd. introduces Kameo: Elements of Power, a mystical action-adventure game available exclusively on Xbox 360, where the ability to morph into unique and incredible warriors allows Kameo to search out and battle ever-present evil.
Boasting impeccable next-generation graphics and innovative gameplay, "Kameo" shines as a giant leap in game development. Continuing its legacy of creating dynamic puzzles, immersive combat and enormous environments, Rare fuses multiple genres to create a strikingly fun gaming experience destined for widespread appeal.
● Real-time morph-into-warrior action. This innovative combat system allows players to harness and strategically employ the unique powers of 10 elemental warriors from the five Elements of Power (Plant, Water, Rock, Ice and Fire), including Major Ruin, the armadillo, and Ash, the fire dragon. Each warrior has up to eight powerful abilities, and players can upgrade their warriors' abilities through strategic augmentations, ultimately providing numerous gameplay possibilities. With the game's fast-paced action, loads of enemies and massive boss encounters, success requires clever and strategic deployment of each warrior's powers and ability to master "quick-switch" combinations. Engage in up-close combat on the battlefield with Pummelweed, a wicked, boxing plant-warrior, or finish off enemies as Chilla, an ice yeti, by throwing penetrating ice spears.
● Next-generation gaming. Transcending the common gaming aesthetic with greater cinematic appeal, "Kameo" represents the cutting-edge graphics and gameplay expected of next-generation gaming on Xbox 360. "Kameo" boasts stunning battlefield experiences where gamers will experience thousands of simultaneous enemies with independent artificial intelligence, as well as exciting special effects, high-quality voice-over and high-definition graphics enabled only through Xbox 360. The visceral and engaging online experience is enhanced with the latest developments in Xbox Live support.
● Vast exploration across a mystical, magical world. Lush environments, an engrossing story, marvelous creatures and clever environmental puzzles abound in this fantastical, richly envisioned universe. In this world, Kameo must master her new ability to transform into various warriors and harness their elemental powers to save her family from Thorn, the evil troll king.
● Immersive and intense cooperative gameplay. "Kameo" enables multiple players to vanquish foes together in split-screen cooperative mode.
MADDEN NFL 06
The most innovative and best-selling sports video game in history is revolutionizing the way football is seen and played once again. Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 has been built from the ground up to deliver completely redesigned gameplay and the most lifelike football experience ever created. Feel the true emotion and passion on the football field with incredibly detailed player models who come to life on every play as well as lifelike stadiums and fans. With a full Franchise mode, in-depth online play and a new presentation style and new playcalling system, Madden NFL 06 for the next generation is poised to continue its legacy as the only authentic and licensed NFL experience.
● Revolutionary player models: 3D head scans provide photo-realistic faces and a level of detail that shows the emotion and intensity of the NFL like never seen before.
● Next Gen graphical effects: From the reactions of coaches and players on the sidelines to the seat-level accuracy of thousands of lifelike 3D fans, the new graphics engine provides realistic lighting and visual effects that have never been possible before now.
● High level of animation: Three times the amount of animations in current generation, so the action starts before kickoff and continues with every touchdown celebration.
● Redefined gameplay: Select plays in a whole new way with the innovative playcalling and new picture-in-picture system. Popular features like QB Vision Control, Truck Stick and the Hit Stick are included.
● New Audio Presentation: Listen to the sounds of your game with a biased hometown radio announcer who calls the plays with emotion and hear actual NFL on-field audio from NFL Films, including hits and player chatter that bring the game to life.
● Sights of the NFL: Injury reports are featured on the scoreboard, as you would see in the real NFL stadiums on gameday.
● Advanced Franchise mode: the game mode invented by Madden NFL Football comes to the Xbox 360 with new, easy-to-use Player, Team, and Box Score Cards that give you all the information for your team at the click of a button. Track and break NFL records in multiple categories on the way to Hall of Fame.
● Online play: Play anytime with Xbox Live and see how you stack up again the best players in the nation with real-time leaderboards.
● Extensive customization options: Customize settings, menu music playlists, gameplay controls and strategies.
● NBA Player Models come to life as never seen before with revolutionary new graphic technology featuring all-new animations, muscle driven body morphs, ultra high- resolution detail, player sweat technology and realistic player head-and-eye tracking.
● True-Life cloth simulation technology delivers the most remarkable lifelike cloth movement system on player's shorts and jerseys.
● The power of the Xbox 360 creates dramatic new lighting techniques including bounce lighting, high dynamic range, and authentic arena lighting arrays sampled from actual NBA basketball arenas to recreate extraordinarily detailed and lifelike in-stadium atmospheres filled with over 10,000 individual crowd models.
● New dramatic broadcast style brings electric NBA action through new dynamic camera work, new camera perspective closer to the action, and depth of field effects.
● The most current player transactions, off-season movement, and rookie signings for upcoming 2005-2006 NBA season.
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
Wake up to the smell of burnt asphalt as the thrill of illicit street racing permeates the air. From the makers of the hit Need for Speed Underground series, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.
Combining illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuit that surpasses any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's 'must-have' list this holiday season. Out-race rivals, evade cops and exploit hundreds of miles of open road as gamers make their way up the Blacklist.
To become the most wanted racer, players must build up their street cred and Rap Sheet with gripping, white knuckle, head-to-head races with the top drivers on the streets, as well as pull daring, evasive moves to out-run and out-fox the cops that patrol the open road. Players can manage their heat or utilize a number of strategic tactics to keep the cops off their tails as they leave their rivals behind to suck their exhaust fumes.
Need for Speed Most Wanted also features a variety of the hottest cars that range from tuners to super cars. You can customize your ride to race against any class of vehicles. The streets will be your playground this Fall.
● Open Road, Open World: Rule the streets as the most notorious street racer in various regions that include edgy industrial and urban environments. In the game, the environment can be a friend for a foe. Players will master short-cuts as well as use the traffic and destructible environments to their advantage.
● All-New Gameplay: Need for Speed Most Wanted features new and exciting gameplay that incorporates strategic cop pursuit and skill-based evasion techniques with illicit street racing.
● Visual Customization: Whether gamers are trying to lose the cops or they just want to pimp their ride, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers extensive visual customizations.
● Blacklist: As players enter the world of illicit street racing, they must go up against the best street racers on the scene to earn respect and rise to the top of the Blacklist.
● Rap Sheet: Players will build up their Rap Sheet with record breaking times, street challenges and out-foxing an escalation of police vehicles, tactics and technology.
● Performance Tuning: Can't compete against a sports car? Head to the safehouse and tune up your ride to race against any class of vehicles.
● Next-Gen Graphical Features: Need for Speed Most Wanted for the next generation console delivers the next level of graphical excellence in video games. Utilizing graphical techniques including normal mapping and real-time lighting, the graphical experience is incomparable to any racing game on the market.
● Race Online: Need For Speed Most Wanted features online play for Xbox 360, Xbox
The champion of video game hockey is back! NHL 2K6 continues its legacy as the No.1 rated game with more control, more emotion and more detail than ever before. Take command of tape-to-tape passing, behind-the-net plays and precision give-and-go attacks. Dominate the ice with NHL caliber goaltending, skating, checking and puck handling with the deeply enhanced animation system. Featuring all-new presentation elements, commentary and cut-scenes, NHL 2K6 brings the ice to you.
● On-the-Fly Coaching - Play your style of hockey at both ends of the ice by calling team strategy during the action. Control your offensive flow by effortlessly crashing the net, screening the goalie or pinching your defensemen. Then, counter the attack by clearing out the crease, setting up a break out for an offensive rush, or clearing the zone.
● NHL Calibre Animations - Hundreds of completely new NHL quality animations including goaltending, checking, shooting, and passing--bringing you the most authentic on ice action to date.
● Franchise Perfection - An unsurpassed franchise experience hinges a team's success on your ability to schedule workouts, scrimmages and manage team chemistry.
● The Online Experience - 2K Sports continues to lead the online gaming revolution as NHL 2K6 features seamless online play and the most comprehensive online feature anywhere, including completely online stat tracking, buddy lists management, and online leagues.