Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

I'm only going to have the opportunity to have these two days off in order to test the maps while I'm here (leaving out next week). I might have Saturday, but I don't want to promise anything I can't keep. So get on now and do this!

#42 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:28 PM

I bring two more maps: one original and one remake of a Call of Duty 4 map. The first map, Impediment, is a symmetrical map where both sides are divided by a large barricade with ramps and platforms going up each side. The only means of traveling to the other side is at the far end of the map, either on the ground floor or on an elevated platform.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sniper spawn.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The other way to get to the other side is by taking the mancannon, which shoots you through a hole in the barricade. Unfortunately, due to some bullshit physics glitch, most likely related to the shitty Havok physics in this game, the mancannon shoots you to the highest platform on the barricade, rather than through the hole. Standing behind the mancannon and jumping on top of the gravity stream seems to shoot you correctly every time, but the fact that it works for me in Forge, but not in Custom games is complete bullshit.
Posted Image

At each far corner of each side, there is a teleporter in a "tunnel" (or whatever the hell you want to call it) that sends you to the top of the barricade in a closed off area that allows you to drop down a poop chute and grab the sword. Let me reiterate that there is a teleporter on each side that sends you to the same location.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rocket spawn is in the center of the map on an elevated platform that cannot be reached from ground level
Spoiler
Posted Image

Shotgun spawns in a cage of sorts.
Posted Image

Extended base area.
Posted Image

I cracked these doors slightly so that people can shoot and throw grenades to the other side, but cannot pass through the doors themselves.
Posted Image

This next map is a remake of Shipment from CoD4. It's very simplistic in design, so hopefully the fact that this map is from something other than Halo won't matter much gameplay-wise. Basically, on the real map, there are large cargo crates placed symmetrically throughout the map. This remake is, barrel for barrel, exactly the same. There's really nothing to say for each screenshot. The layout of this map can be learned within 42 seconds, so describing each screen would be a waste of my fingers' time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess the only other thing I could say is that there are only human weapons on the map and jumping on top of the "cargo crates" is relatively easy (which is something you can't do in CoD4). All three of my Foundry maps can be foundryed in my File Share.

#43 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

Fucking awesome, Blaze. It looks almost exactly like the CoD4 counter-part. Even got the "motherfucking dumpster campers" and everything. I was worried about how you'd handle the one-side-open containers, but it looks like that was misplaced. Fantastic job. Also, Impediment was some of the most fun I'd had on Halo 3 in a long time. Three thumbs up from McDuffles.

#44 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Looks good.

#45 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

Nice maps, Blaze. DLing and will check them out. About the man-cannon weirdness: I found the same thing happen to me. I set up a man cannon to grab a powerup on Rat's nest. First time I had to use 2 large crates to grab the item supended in the air. Tested it a few times and moved on. Reloaded the next day and tried the mancannon again, and my trajectory was nowhere near the powerup. I was too low for some reason and fixed it with another small crate. Went back again later, and this time I was overshooting the powerup; fixed it by removing 1 large crate. It's just not consistent. I eventually just moved the powerup to where it would be grabbed most of the time. :/

Edited by SCHULTZ, 18 December 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#46 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

Shiiiz, looking at some of these designs tempt me to purchase the Heroic map pack. Despite Foundry's limitations, there appears to be unending variety in the possible setups. Some of you who have spent a lot of time playing different Foundry Forgeries, does this variety translate into fun?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq