Photo

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
621 replies to this topic

#61 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

There's more to that story. Not only was it announced without warning (which was a dumb move on it's own), Sony's launch price was unprecedented, as it was the same price as the launch Saturn in Japan when currency was converted. Sega had to drop the price of the Saturn and start selling the system at a huge loss. This is right after a mediocre success (the Sega CD), followed by a failure (the Sega 32x), and a scrapped project (the Sega Neptune).
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#62 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's amazing that Nintendo turned their backs on Sony but then Sony has beat them badly at their own game. In other news, your boy Don Mattrick and Phil Spencer say that if you can't get online you should buy an Xbox 360. Geez, these guys are morons.

#63 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Check this shit out. This is a list of the countries that are supported by Xbox One. (More specifically, if you don't live here, your Xbox One will not work.) Don't live here? They will "look into" expanding the market to your area after launch.

Named list:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Posted Image

"Don Mattrick doesn't care about black people!"

Edited by Nightshade, 12 June 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#64 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,044 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

I wonder how The Witcher people are going to play their own game...

#65 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

I wonder how The Witcher people are going to play their own game...

What you meanin'?

#66 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,044 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

What you meanin'?

CD Projekt RED is a Polish company.

Poland is not on the list.

#67 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Probably because they plan on playing the superior PC version anyway.

#68 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Or Playstation 4.

#69 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

No more DRM.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I did not expect this.

#70 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't think anyone did. I fully expect the internet to still hate it.

#71 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Does this mean we can all get Xbox One's now and play Titanfall together? (and Tucker's mountain nephew can stop crying?)

#72 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Good move by Microsoft. I'm still leaning towards a PS4 primarily because it's cheaper, though.

#73 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Honestly, this still doesn't change my purchase at this point with most of everything already on the PS4. There really isn't enough exclusives out for me to warrant a purchase, not to mention anything at launch. I'll probably wait for a price drop, good reviews, and a few decent games to come with it. Not going to be burned again like I was with the Wii U.

#74 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I think it's a step backwards for consoles, and a big hit against anyone trying to innovate. The Xbone's Family Sharing Plan would have completely changed how people share games, and saved a lot of people a lot of money. The cloud support that Titanfall is using could have been used by other single-player games, but now it won't be since games need to be playable offline. And the new disc install feature is probably going to change now, too, so we won't be able to install a game and then ditch the disc forever.

#75 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Honestly, this still doesn't change my purchase at this point with most of everything already on the PS4. There really isn't enough exclusives out for me to warrant a purchase, not to mention anything at launch. I'll probably wait for a price drop, good reviews, and a few decent games to come with it. Not going to be burned again like I was with the Wii U.

Almost every game that's on the PS4 is also on the Xbone. And the Xbone has more exclusives, I think it has like 7 while the PS4 has 3.

#76 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think it's a step backwards for consoles, and a big hit against anyone trying to innovate. The Xbone's Family Sharing Plan would have completely changed how people share games, and saved a lot of people a lot of money. The cloud support that Titanfall is using could have been used by other single-player games, but now it won't be since games need to be playable offline. And the new disc install feature is probably going to change now, too, so we won't be able to install a game and then ditch the disc forever.

Agreed. Thought they could have potentially done some cool stuff. My 360 has never not been connected to the internet, and I make thousands of dollars a month so I don't give a shit about DRM/used games.

Edited by Vanwadilion, 19 June 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#77 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Almost every game that's on the PS4 is also on the Xbone. And the Xbone has more exclusives, I think it has like 7 while the PS4 has 3.

Exclusives that I'm interested in. And since a lot of games are multiplatform that's a plus for me as well because I'll be able to play them on a console that's more powerful and $100 cheaper.

Did a quick search on all of the exclusives listed so far.

Xbox One:
Forza 5
Halo 5
Killer Instinct
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
D4
Below
Black
Minecraft
Project Spark
Dead Rising 3

PS4:
Killzone Shadowfall
Drive Club
Knack
InFamous: Second Son
The Order 1886
Transistor
The Witness
Oddworld New N' Tasty
Ray's the Dead
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Secret Ponchos
Mercenary Kings
Counter Spy
Galaxy
Don't Starve
Outlast
Final Fantasy XIV
Kingdom Hearts 3

Edited by DualX, 19 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#78 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Why would this affect that cloud support? If you're going to play multiplayer games online, it should still be there. PS4 still has this cloud support. You have to remember that not everyone, even in the US, has an internet connection so to have this feature fully woven into every aspect of a game just isn't feasible...yet. Maybe one day when fiber connections are the norm.

#79 Merguson

Merguson

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

It'll require a Day One Patch for these changes, supposedly.

#80 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Most of the games in your list are multiplatform. Add these to the Xbox list:

Ryse
Crimson Dragon
Fantasia
Untitled Black Tusk game

And then remove all of these games since they're not exclusives:

Minecraft (PC)
The Witness (PC and iOS)
Oddworld New N' Tasty (Wii U eShop)
Ray's the Dead (PC)
Counter Spy (PS3, Vita)
Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PC)
Mercenary Kings (PC)
Galaxy (PC)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (Xbox One)
Don't Starve (PC)
Outlast (PC)
Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
Transistor (PC)

And you're left with this:

Xbox One:
Forza 5
Halo 5
Killer Instinct
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
D4
Below
Black
Project Spark
Dead Rising 3

PS4:
Killzone Shadowfall
Drive Club
Knack
InFamous: Second Son
The Order 1886
Secret Ponchos

And the cloud support that I'm talking is the Azure servers that can have processing offloaded onto them. This is what Titanfall is using, and what MS talked about other games being able to use. Hopefully they still do that and just require those games to be always-on. Sony doesn't have this. And did Sony announce if their games would have dedicated servers like the Xbone's? I can't remember.

And as far as not everyone having an internet connection, that was the nature of the console (prior to today). It wasn't that MS didn't understand that not everyone has internet, it was a judgment call that it's OK to make this console a new type of thing that only works for people who have broadband.

Anyway, with the exclusives I was just making the point that the Xbone has more. The PS4 still has the Xbox beat on other stuff, like the fact that it's $100 cheaper and slightly more powerful. For me, the voice command functionality and the cable box integration is worth the extra money since I use those features a lot even now on the 360. But I'm not sure if it means as much to everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq