#61 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

So, I got the RvB Recollection Seasons 6,7, & 8 sets as a birthday present. I finished up the first disc last night. They are apparently trying way too hard to be Serious Face. Aside from Caboose, who they seem to be pushing to the background. I'm going to watch the other two, but I don't see it improving that much.

#62 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

They are apparently trying way too hard to be Serious Face.

That's why I stopped watching.

What happened to just a bunch of drunk guys messing around in their favorite game?

Feels bad, man.

#63 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

What happened to just a bunch of drunk guys messing around in their favorite game?

I guess after seven years that got old. Can't say I blame 'em.

But you can't say this isn't awesome.

#64 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

Um.. when did Red vs. Blue start doing new stuff... ? like the Spartan getting tired at the beginning..

#65 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Um.. when did Red vs. Blue start doing new stuff... ? like the Spartan getting tired at the beginning..

Uh, watch the whole video.

#66 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

The animation is very good, and fits surprisingly well with the visual style of Halo 3, but damn if it doesn't seem out of place. It's just... jarring. I don't know, man.

#67 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

The animation is very good, and fits surprisingly well with the visual style of Halo 3, but damn if it doesn't seem out of place. It's just... jarring. I don't know, man.

True it felt a little out of place, I think it would be impossible to get it to fit 100% in with the game, but it looks like they did a really good job with it.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#68 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Uh, watch the whole video.

I will when I get to the 8th season...

SPOILERS!!! lulz

But Gamble told me last week that RvB had gone to doing CGI. At what point does it stop being Machinima and become Animation?

It's almost like they purposely kept out Doc and Tucker because they would be out of place doing a "serious" story.

The vast majority of Caboose's stuff seemed almost entirely throwaway. I mean, outside of Season 2, Caboose has been relatively inconsequential, but with this series, he was reduced to zany one-liners and "Caboose is really stupid" moments.

#69 DangerousDave

DangerousDave
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

RvB lost me with the last series, because while they're welcome to go to more "serious" the only time they leveraged it well was with Reconstruction. The animation is cool, but I think at some point you use machinima as a shortcut to get out of animation, and to embrace the limitations of the medium.

#70 UltimateDogg

UltimateDogg
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

never even watched recollection, If i wanted to watch cgi i would go watch cgi :P machinima was where all the fun was at.

Edited by UltimateDogg, 14 October 2010 - 11:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq