Second Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

If you didn't catch this little story, you may want to check it out.

I wasn't so surprised over the recall due to a fault in the hardware, but it's the way Sony replies to its customers. They knew the system had a problem and they shipped it anyway, expecting us to "adapt to it".

I'm not telling anyone to stop their plans on getting a PSP, or to get a DS for that matter, because neither of them currently have a decent library. However, with the official news of the PSP launch, such a price as $250 - $300 is out of the question. I feel proud now to be the owner of a Nintendo DS.

--------------------

I would also like to state that as of yesterday I have a fully operational version of Maya 6.0 on my machine, and am loving my time with it every day.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#2 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:33 AM

Hmmmm, well I just hope that mine doesn't stick then....... and that we don't have to wait to long in England....... the worst thing about sony is that they don't care, I expect problems with newly released hardware, it's unavoidable (even with hardware that's been out for a while, just look at the Xbox thomson dvd drives) but why do they have to assume that everyone is rich and can afford to waste money? You know, I might buy the DS when that's released aswell, I have plenty of money since it was my birthday the other day, and I got a bonus at college. Hmmmm, only interested in 2 games atm though....

#3 soapofdurden

soapofdurden

Can use the magnum.

• 257 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:25 PM

Ah yes, I was talking to Dual about this not too long ago. I imported a PSP right when they launched in Japan. I've heard all of the pissing and moaning about it, so I figured I'd post my impressions of 2 months with a PSP. 1. The games are beautiful. I have Lumines and Ridge Racers and they both look phenomenal. And the screen...oh baby...pictures don't do it justice. It's huge and it looks incredibly good. 2. The battery life is fine. I can usually go a couple of days without charging if I play an hour or 2 a day (my average). 3. The ability to play music and movies is pretty underwhelming. I have an iPod and I don't watch movies on the go. So is it worth 250 bucks? Sure, if you like to play games. And portable Tony Hawk is going to roXXor my boXXorz.
Gamertag: soapofdurden
soapofdurden@yahoo.com
AIM: soapofdurden101

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq