• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

http://jsf28555833-80604722.com/

There's absolutely zero information about this game, interesting site though. That's all I can really say about it.

Post any new information when you find some.

#2 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Beats me...I really haven't the slightest clue. Try looking for some recent Tom Clancy works? It has the logo, and you never know.

Edited by Shin Karasawa, 21 April 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#3 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Apparently it's called Firehawk.

#4 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

It's supposed to be a plane fighter game... interesting.

#5 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thank you Blaze. I was able to find some stuff with that name through Wiki. Tom Clancy's Fire Hawk: Joint Strike Force is a recently rumored video game. Gaming Age Forums were the first to pick up the viral website which depicts a new Tom Clancy franchise as can be seen by the trademark Tom Clancy soldier silhouette logo and a Rating Pending mark by the ESRB. The title of the game, which is not official, was first leaked earlier in the year and reported by Xbox 360 Fanboy with the title being Tom Clancy's Firehawk, scheduled for the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. Gamespot reports that the game is not bogus. They also expect an official announcement by Ubisoft soon. Ubisoft did not comment. The viral website depicts a man, bloodied and beaten, on an apparent medical bed. In the background you can hear a women reciting current news CNN-style. The time may be set in the near future as the anchor announces that the 2028 Olympics have been canceled due to global events. The world, as she reports, is crumbling as the she reports the death tolls of various international military forces. To the right of the screen you can see a rapidly ascending informational toolbar that displays news, medical records and a variety of codes and numbers. Some of the codes can be clicked on and each one opens up a small video to the left of the screen. When this happens the man's face cringes as he becomes restless. The videos are most war related as the viewer can see tanks, soldiers and other military related images. Voices can be heard in the videos. They are usually conversations between soldiers or news reporters that tease of a World War III and such. Previous Tom Clancy franchises are also mentioned. A Ghost Leader (Ghost Recon franchise) is mentioned as well as Splinter Cell (the iconic trifocal goggles can be heard in the background.)This has led some to speculate that the game may unite the Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell franchises since they have always been based in the same universe. This connection can be heard and seen in Ghost Recond Advanced Warfighter (including the sequel GRAW 2) and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Events occur in the game and carry over to each other's universe in some way or form. The apparent leaked Ubisoft list with Tom Clancy's Firehawk the first mentioned among others.

#6 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

I have always dreamed of a Ghost Recon-Splinter Cell mix. It's a complete mind-gasm for me. And like Dual said, they could easily be put together. Unfortunatly though, by 2028, Sam Fisher would be retired. Dual, where did you hear the "Turn on sound" of the goggles?

#7 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

I only wrote that short sentence on the top, I should have put that in whole section as a quote. It isn't letting me edit the post so this is just to notify you that I wasn't the one that wrote it.

#8 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

It looks like the ubisoft version of MSG4. I think it's Super GRAW/Splinter Cell/Rainbow Six, The end of the world by the sounds of the woman's voice. Sounds cool, can't wait. Sweet, Fort huachuca, AZ. My state is in a game, possibly!

Edited by Blamo, 22 April 2007 - 03:34 PM.

#9 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

I've been following this on NeoGAF for a few weeks now. Interesting stuff.

#10 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:58 AM

read EGM next month... huge cover story 'bout this

#11 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

When is EGM coming? I am a subscriber. And I need advice on wether or not to renew.

#12 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

http://www.gamefront.de/

UBISOFT INTRODUCES TOM CLANCY’S ENDWAR™ VIDEO GAME

Paris, FRANCE — April 24, 2007 — Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it is creating Tom Clancy’s EndWar™, a new brand in the Tom Clancy series of video games. Led by strategy veteran and Ubisoft creative director Michael de Plater, Tom Clancy’s EndWar™ is being developed by a world-class team at Ubisoft’s Shanghai studio whose members have experience developing Ubisoft’s hit franchises including Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon?, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six? and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell?. Tom Clancy’s EndWar™ is scheduled for release on next-generation consoles in fiscal year 2007/2008.

Set on the battlefields of World War III , Tom Clancy’s EndWar will push the envelope of technology, showcasing artificial intelligence, graphics, physics and animations that were not possible prior to the launch of the new hardware systems. Tom Clancy’s EndWar has been built from the ground up as a revolutionary war strategy game solely for next-generation consoles.

“Our development teams are invigorated to be creating the first 100 percent next-generation Tom Clancy brand,” said Serge Hasco?t, chief creative officer at Ubisoft. “Our success with Tom Clancy franchises is unparalleled in the next-generation and Tom Clancy’s EndWar will be a marvelous addition to the already critically acclaimed library of games. A strategy game like no other, EndWar will allow gamers to lead their own armies against hundreds of others online in real global locations on the massive battlefields of World War III.”

Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy video games are consistently among the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed video game series in the industry. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six?, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell? and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon? games have collectively sold more than 45 million units worldwide to date. In 2006, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas was named Best First Person Action Game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ took home the Best Video Game of the Year award from the prestigious BAFTA awards.

Tom Clancy’s EndWar is featured in a world-exclusive first look in the June issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, available on newsstands in North America on May 8, 2007.

? 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. EndWar, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigther, Rainbow Six, Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

RTS? FPS? Any guesses?

If it is an RTS, it has the same launch timeframe as is presumed with Halo Wars. Interesting.

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

It sounds like an RTS to me (unfortunately). The game's Director has worked on the Total War series, so that's the type of game I would expect, but set in WW III.

#14 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:30 PM

I'm kind of glad. Something different than a shooter or a spy game is new to Ubisoft. Should be interesting.

#15 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

RTS made by Ubisoft Shanghai? I think I'll pass.

#16 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Imagining a Clancy themed RTS: I've heard you can group select your Sam Fisher units in a whole new way. Sweet! What do you mine for resources? Old Clancy novels? Edit: >Rimshot<

Edited by MoNuckah, 24 April 2007 - 02:30 PM.

#17 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Well, I don't know why you guys are so excited. It's being developed by Ubisoft: Shanghai. For those of you who aren't an Ubisoft whore like me, let me run it down for you.

Military Games made by Ubisoft: Montreal Studio:
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Brothers in Arms series

Military Games made by Ubisoft: Shanghai Studio:
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomarrow (Their crowing achievement.)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Lockdown

The list of horror goes on. They feel they need to change what makes a game great just for the sake of change. They single handedly butchered Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six. It will take a lot for them to regain my respect.

#18 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

i think it's going to be a cool game where you an go into The General view of things before every mission, and send/move out youre large numbers of troops. Then while the battle rages, you can assume control of an individual unit. Let's say you move you're C company into a hostile city, you can then assume control of 1st platoon's Lt. Then you can go into FPS mode and assume control of a squad leader and acctually fight it out. You can go back to The General view and send in a Splinter-Cell to accuire intel, you can control the Splinter-Cell in a Splinter-Cell type mini-game thing. Let's say you have a high ranking officer/political asset captured, you can send a Ghost Squad unit to recover him. You assume the role of the Ghost leader and rescue him. I think this what it is, it sounds cool, but is a huge challenge, and if it is like this, I'm bying this.

Edited by Blamo, 24 April 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#19 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

Blamo, don't get your hopes up yet. It never did infact say that the games would come together to form this. Believe me, that idea of yours has been pitched quite a few times by the Ubisoft fan base. So while it is possible, don't go thinking anything till the 8th.

#20 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

When is EGM coming? I am a subscriber. And I need advice on wether or not to renew.

It comes anywhere from the ninth to the sixteenth.
And you should definitely renew.
It's my favorite magazine ever, and I want to work for them one day.

Anyway, on topic, is this game a MMO or a RTS? Or both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq