Photo

Halo: Uprising

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 squick3n

squick3n
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

Thanks for the summaries guys. It really sounds crappy, story-wise.
Spoiler

#42 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:04 AM

WTF. Cleveland? Cleveland? Why couldn't it be somewhere really cool, like Omaha or Akron?

#43 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the summaries guys. It really sounds crappy, story-wise.

Spoiler

I'd be okay with a 10minute cinematic as soon as you pop Halo 3 in your system explaining what happened on that Forerunner ship and how the Chief survived everything.

#44 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

All you need is a line or two of dialog saying... "I fell out of that plane thingy into the trees. My armor's shitz, hook me up dudes. And no, I'm not cool with the Arbiter. Is he here?"

#45 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

I'd be okay with a 10minute cinematic as soon as you pop Halo 3 in your system explaining what happened on that Forerunner ship and how the Chief survived everything.

DO NOT WANT. Expository stuff should happen while I'm shooting things, not while I'm anxiously waiting to. For examples of why this works much better (and does not sacrifice story depth) see: Halo 1 and Bioshock.

Quick edit: Also, do you know how much of a resource drain that opening cinematic would be? "Okay, so... we're not going to use any of these locales for actual gameplay, but the player needs to see what happened to Chief, so we'll need to build a Forerunner ship. Word. So, uh, let's get on that..." 10 minute opening cinematic = 1 or 2 fewer multiplayer maps. Sad face.

Edited by Syracuse022, 24 August 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#46 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

DO NOT WANT. Expository stuff should happen while I'm shooting things, not while I'm anxiously waiting to. For examples of why this works much better (and does not sacrifice story depth) see: Halo 1 and Bioshock.

Quick edit: Also, do you know how much of a resource drain that opening cinematic would be? "Okay, so... we're not going to use any of these locales for actual gameplay, but the player needs to see what happened to Chief, so we'll need to build a Forerunner ship. Word. So, uh, let's get on that..." 10 minute opening cinematic = 1 or 2 fewer multiplayer maps. Sad face.

I'm just trying to work with what we've been given. I'm kinda throwing my hopes of fighting on the Forerunner ship out of the window. Given that Sierra 117 is the First Mission.

#47 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Read what I posted above and I'm pretty sure you're going to get something like that from the beginning of Halo 3 as it transitions from Uprising's story.

#48 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:36 AM

was anyone able to get their hands on anything past issue number 2? I was really looking foreward to it and ive orderd all of them but it just never shipped past issue number 2 here in Montreal

#49 Rtas 'Vadum

Rtas 'Vadum

Shadow of Intent

• 51 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

# 3 and # 4 are (supposedly) going to ship on June 18th and July 30th, respectively.

#50 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:40 AM

# 3 and # 4 are (supposedly) going to ship on June 18th and July 30th, respectively.

Very cool, although I still hold to the notion that it should have been the first level in the game, much like The Pillar of Autumn and Cairo Station were the opening levels of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 respectively.

#51 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

Yeah that would have been pretty rad, the jungle was a nice change of pace though.

#52 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Very cool, although I still hold to the notion that it should have been the first level in the game, much like The Pillar of Autumn and Cairo Station were the opening levels of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 respectively.

After talking to you about it, I completely agree. Fighting in the corridors of the Dreadnaught would have been the coolest shit ever.

Yeah that would have been pretty rad, the jungle was a nice change of pace though.

Yeah, but Sierra 117 could have easily been level two instead. They could have easily done without Crow's Nest if they had a Dreadnaught level in there.

#53 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

While I think that Halo 3's opening cutscene is one of the best video game cutscenes ever, it would have been awesome to escape the Dreadnought yourself and ride down to Earth on that piece of shrapnel. Maybe that could have been a part of the level, like the skydiving sequence in Double Agent. lol.

#54 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

While I think that Halo 3's opening cutscene is one of the best video game cutscenes ever, it would have been awesome to escape the Dreadnought yourself and ride down to Earth on that piece of shrapnel. Maybe that could have been a part of the level, like the skydiving sequence in Double Agent. lol.

Master Chief + this = New pants needed.

#55 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

#56 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

I saw it before you posted it the first time, when you posted it the first time, and now when you posted it the second time. It's awesome except for when you see the ODST walk.

#57 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Thats awesome. He reached the speed of sound without a plane... that so awesome.

#58 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:00 AM

Yeah, but Sierra 117 could have easily been level two instead. They could have easily done without Crow's Nest if they had a Dreadnaught level in there.

I actually like Crow's Nest, so I'd just want it added to the front end of the game. Players could start the game without really any sizeable cinematic and with Lord Hood on the com, testing your shields and look configuration remotely. Then you march through the level taking out enemies for a good ten minutes and finally breaking out of dodge. Then, almost like clockwork, as soon as the Chief escapes the opening cinematic we saw in Halo 3 takes place.

#59 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

I actually like Crow's Nest, so I'd just want it added to the front end of the game. Players could start the game without really any sizeable cinematic and with Lord Hood on the com, testing your shields and look configuration remotely. Then you march through the level taking out enemies for a good ten minutes and finally breaking out of dodge. Then, almost like clockwork, as soon as the Chief escapes the opening cinematic we saw in Halo 3 takes place.

That does sound good.
It seems like it would be hard to slot in Bungie's obligatory, unnecessary, calibration routine in that area though. They probably spaced it as they did so there would be a definite downtime in which to do that. Is it me or does that seem like a holdover from older games that they could have dropped? Why bother with the calibration now? Do other games like gears of war need that or do you just set it up yourself?

#60 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

November 19th..... seriously if they delay it again I am going to... keep waiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq