Photo

XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

Wanna see what Xbox 360's color will be? www.Xbox.com The answer is right in front of you. It was so obvious and I didn't even notice.

#22 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

I'm missing that obvious point.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#23 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

Me too...

#24 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Silver?

#25 soapofdurden

soapofdurden

Can use the magnum.

• 257 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:30 PM

Yeah that's all I notice... Although I hope it's white...
Gamertag: soapofdurden
soapofdurden@yahoo.com
AIM: soapofdurden101

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

Flourescent White.

#27 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

Flourescent White.

So.....that would make it...clear?

#28 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

http://www.gametrail...540&type=wmv&f=

This is an advert for the Xbox 2 unveiling thingy at MTV, just in case you're getting bored of all the new Halo 2 map news. If I'm not mistaken, I see a circle at the end....... 360, seems like a play on a new logo or something.

• Guests

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

It's been confirmed. The new Xbox controllers will be WIRELESS! No doubt about it. Sweetness!

#30 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:17 PM

I guess that's why there are no controller ports here...

Posted Image

This is apparently the real deal. Team Xbox is standing behind this as the one which will be shown at E3 (not necessarily the final version, but definitely the one they'll be presenting). It can stand on its side as well and I do have to say, it looks kick ass.

Posted Image

#31 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

I've been reading some of the articles on Team Xbox, and I'm pretty impressed with what I'm hearing about the Xbox 360. Apparently Ninja Gaiden Black may be a launch title for the new machine. Ubisoft has already confirmed that there will be new Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell games out spring of 2006, they can do this because they actually have multiple teams around North America working on the games at the same time. We have Project Gotham Racing 3 and Perfect Dark Zero apparently set to be on launch according to a branch of the UK's Amazon.com. Ghost Recon 3 will be viewable or playable at E3 and that's coming for the Xbox 360. The new Madden Football '06 game, among others, will be delivered sometime before the end of the year, which is pictured below.

Posted Image

I'm really psyched about this system. Above all, at GDC, J. Allard didn't confirm backwards compatibility, but he did advise that they would have "something" for Halo 2 players. He didn't seem to be referring to a replacement for it, but rather something to support the game. It matters not to me, because I don't plan on trading in my Xbox when I get the Xbox 360. I'm really not concerned about backwards compatibility at all...

• Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:36 AM

Info you may find interesting: The head developers who worked on the original Resident Evil way back on PSX are going to be making games exclusively for the Xbox 360. Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360? Definitely a possibility.

#33 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

That would be good since I don't plan on buying a nintendo console this generation. I was too disappointed with my gamecube (and squaresofts efforts on it <_< , which was the only real reason I bought it)

#34 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Here is a article I found about xbox 360 being backward compatible.

XBOX 360 NOT ONLY BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE BUT ALSO...

Sizzling cross-generational Halo 2 action in prospect!

Xbox 360 will not only be backward compatible, allowing 360 owners to play original Xbox games, but Microsoft's Live gaming service will host both 360 owners and original Xbox gamers who'll be able to play against each other on its most popular games.

Sounds intriguing? Most certainly is, and it looks like a real goer if a purported questionnaire being taken online by Xbox Live users is the real deal which we've little reason to doubt. The question which apparently gives away the goods reads like this:

"Xbox Live is an online gaming service that works across both the current Xbox system and the future Xbox 2. You will be able to play online and compete against others across both consoles. If you are playing an Xbox game on Live you will be able to compete against people playing that same game on Xbox 2".

LINK

#35 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:14 PM

Here is a article I found about xbox 360 being backward compatible.

XBOX 360 NOT ONLY BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE BUT ALSO...

Sizzling cross-generational Halo 2 action in prospect!

Xbox 360 will not only be backward compatible, allowing 360 owners to play original Xbox games, but Microsoft's Live gaming service will host both 360 owners and original Xbox gamers who'll be able to play against each other on its most popular games.

Sounds intriguing? Most certainly is, and it looks like a real goer if a purported questionnaire being taken online by Xbox Live users is the real deal which we've little reason to doubt. The question which apparently gives away the goods reads like this:

"Xbox Live is an online gaming service that works across both the current Xbox system and the future Xbox 2. You will be able to play online and compete against others across both consoles. If you are playing an Xbox game on Live you will be able to compete against people playing that same game on Xbox 2".

LINK

Voc, can you please move this post to the XBOX 360 thread and close this one. It would be nice to have all new information and pictures in that thread. Let me know what you think.

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

The Xbox 360 can't be backwards compatible if both machines are using totally different hardware... I could be wrong, though, I doubt it.

#37 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

If the graphics look that perfect for a football game...image what they could do for Splinter Cell 4 or Halo 3!

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

Don't get your hopes up just yet...remember how Halo 2's graphics looked good in the trailer and when it came out it was uh...Not the same as the trailer? I'm not trying to shit on anyone's muffin here, but I'm just saying, that may not be what it looks like.

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:31 PM

The Xbox 360 can't be backwards compatible if both machines are using totally different hardware...

I could be wrong, though, I doubt it.

Actually, it could be. They could use an emulator. That's how you get an Apple computer to run Windows XP using the Virtual PC emulator. It's known that Microsoft bought out a company last year that specifically designs advanced emulators for cross-platform integration specializing in old technologies. You can pretty much bet that it will be backwards compatible IF you get the HDD.

#40 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:12 AM

The Xbox 360 can't be backwards compatible if both machines are using totally different hardware...

I could be wrong, though, I doubt it.

I wouldn't imagine Microsoft having that much trouble making an emulator for the Xbox 2, considering the knowledge that they must have on the handware and BIOS for the Xbox. There's a third party emulator that can play some games already for the XBox 1, if they can do it without that knowledge I can't see why MS can't. Although, I think the main problem that they would have would be with the graphics card, since those are made by completely different developers and I think they might have to pay some royalties, I could also be wrong though.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq