Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

- I would try to increase the number of zombies from one to a higher number (If I'm not mistaken, there is an option for increasing/decreasing the zombie size according to the party size.)

This is not a real option that I can set unfortunately. The closest thing to this, however, is to set the zombie percentage to %25 or %50, and that means a lot more Alpha Zombies that is probably needed.

- I would give the humans radar, but I would make it so that it only has your human counter-parts. As for the zombie, I would give them radar, but give them the shortest range possible. I think it should just be motion-detected, as if one zombie gets killed, the other zombies have a general idea of where humans might be.

Giving the humans that kind of radar would be kinda pointless especially since everyone can already see each other waypoints, and people would be confused if they couldn't see the enemy's motion. I'm still working on how that's going to play out for the final version, but from the options I'm looking at, it's going to either be a much shorter range radar (basically default settings) or nothing at all (especially since it seemed more intense not knowing where the zombie rushes were going to occur like on Isolation).

I will not give zombies radar. Period. You listed one good reason as to why, but the main one I wanted to get across is that it's much more fun to be able to run behind a corner and watch zombies run past you. Gives me a rush.

As for Isolation, it's also the same as High Ground. but since there's only one way into the Last Stand locations, I would try to tone down any power weapons you might have in there. No one goes into the other base too, give the humans a reason to.

That wasn't exactly intentional. Both bases are setup exactly the same more/less. I don't understand how you want me to tone down the power weapons though.

For both Blackout and Ghost town, the filters were annoying, I'm not sure if you combined filters. If you did, try using one only if you still want the filters, so it's easier for everyone. You could try Juicy or Gloomy for Ghost town, and a black-white one for Blackout, but I think Blackout is just fine without filters.

I only had the one, juicy, for Blackout while I had 3 working at once for Ghost Town after a certain time. If anyone else has a problem with the filters, I'll take them off.

As a side note, the Guardian and Construct ones were just old ones right?

Anything that we play that doesn't have the Rush or Defend name on it is an old map.

#22 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

Seriously Dual, more weapons.

K.

Edited by DualX, 08 September 2008 - 04:40 PM.

#23 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

This is not a real option that I can set unfortunately. The closest thing to this, however, is to set the zombie percentage to %25 or %50, and that means a lot more Alpha Zombies that is probably needed.

I thought there was an option for that, my mistake. One zombie may be hard, but it's still good, as long no one rushes the Last Stand areas, but the Zombies would be able to get a couple if he goes to the areas.

Giving the humans that kind of radar would be kinda pointless especially since everyone can already see each other waypoints, and people would be confused if they couldn't see the enemy's motion. I'm still working on how that's going to play out for the final version, but from the options I'm looking at, it's going to either be a much shorter range radar (basically default settings) or nothing at all (especially since it seemed more intense not knowing where the zombie rushes were going to occur like on Isolation).

You got a point there, I concur.

I will not give zombies radar. Period. You listed one good reason as to why, but the main one I wanted to get across is that it's much more fun to be able to run behind a corner and watch zombies run past you. Gives me a rush.

I thought it might be good to see how many zombies they have with them, instead of taking a look, and comprise themselves. You could just do friends. It could be more realistic as the Flood is a cohesive unit, working together, they may not be aware of things around themselves, but aware of their counterparts. That's just the Halo canon though, not necessarily needed.

That wasn't exactly intentional. Both bases are setup exactly the same more/less. I don't understand how you want me to tone down the power weapons though.

What Blaze said, more normal weapons, less ammo for the power weapons.

I only had the one, juicy, for Blackout while I had 3 working at once for Ghost Town after a certain time. If anyone else has a problem with the filters, I'll take them off.

The one filter for Blackout seems fine. I think three filters for Ghost Town is a bit overkill, try one or two and see how that goes.

#24 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

Quarantine definitely needs it's own thread.

#25 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

I was thinking of giving the Alpha Zombie some different traits possibly giving him poor camo, but also take off the headshot immunity. This could work with the lowered radar, and even more so if it was turned off for the humans.

I was talking to Self-Induced about this before, and he may have a point, is that he wanted to see zombies get points. He didn't think it was fair for people that are stuck being a zombie to get no points what-so-ever including if they get a nice Overkill. So I was thinking that instead of having what it is right now, that I would change it up to where humans get two points for killing zombies, and zombies get one point for killing humans. That way they can still catch back up point wise while it encourages people to stay alive as a human for those extra points.

Now having a radar like that for zombie coordination is something that I could consider. I never thought about it that way. I know people are always like "Do we have everyone here?" right before we're going to strike.

Quarantine definitely needs it's own thread.

Hook us up. =o

Edited by DualX, 08 September 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#26 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

I was talking to Self-Induced about this before, and he may have a point, is that he wanted to see zombies get points. He didn't think it was fair for people that are stuck being a zombie to get no points what-so-ever including if they get a nice Overkill. So I was thinking that instead of having what it is right now, that I would change it up to where humans get two points for killing zombies, and zombies get one point for killing humans. That way they can still catch back up point wise while it encourages people to stay alive as a human for those extra points.

Well, I was just asking why zombies didn't get points because during one game in High Ground I started as the Alpha Zombie and wanted an easy way of keeping track of exactly how many humans were left via the scoreboard. It didn't really have anything to do with who had the highest score. That's usually the guy on the turret :P

Edited by Self Induced, 08 September 2008 - 05:47 PM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#27 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Has this been played at all since I've been gone? I may want to create more with whomever else if people are still enjoying these, even after L4D is out. Thanks for making this it's own topic, regardless!

#28 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:43 AM

Has this been played at all since I've been gone? I may want to create more with whomever else if people are still enjoying these, even after L4D is out.

Thanks for making this it's own topic, regardless!

Just my opinion, but I don't see as many people returning to 'Spartans with Swords on grey box forged maps', after playing Left 4 Dead.
L4D's survivors versus zombies mode is going to be the pinnacle game for that kind of gameplay.
Man, being a Hunter, Smoker, or Hulk-like zombie is going to be an utter f'ing blast.

#29 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:30 AM

That's why I had to ask the question. You still can't play L4D with 16 people however. =p Keep me updated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq