Arachnidus's Content

There have been 23 items by Arachnidus (Search limited from 11-December 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9241270 Halo Wars' Ending and Halo 3's Ending= Interlude to Halo 4?

Posted by Arachnidus on 10 March 2009 - 06:34 PM in Halo Universe

I have a thought: spoiler tags.

I just assumed, seeing as it says "Halo Wars' Ending", people would know to avoid it having not completed the game.

#9241268 Halo Wars' Ending and Halo 3's Ending= Interlude to Halo 4?

Posted by Arachnidus on 10 March 2009 - 05:57 PM in Halo Universe

This is one massive spoiler. Because people who haven't beaten the game yet could see the thread, so I'm putting the whole thing in spoiler blocks.

Spoiler

Anybody got any thoughts on this little theory?

#9240295 Halo 3: ODST

Posted by Arachnidus on 10 October 2008 - 05:20 PM in Original Trilogy

Weekly update is up...and it's officially the last Halo game that we know of(in the main trilogy). :(. Good night sweet prince. I always thought you would be kept alive by M$ for the money.

#9240151 Halo 3: ODST

Posted by Arachnidus on 01 October 2008 - 06:49 PM in Original Trilogy

Yeah, I found that article while searching the internets and posted it up on GRU. It makes sense to me and seems semi-legit. I've also heard some interesting tidbits and suggestions like

-increasing recoil (Spartans can handle guns a whole lot better than an ODST)
-it takes a whole squad to take down one elite
-the possibility of putting ODSTs into current matchmaking maps

I don't see why it would take a whole squad of ODSTs to take down an Elite, no matter who's using it, a gun's a gun, if it takes 4 bursts from the Chief's BR to kill an Elite, it'll take 4 bursts from the new guy's BR to kill an Elite.

Unless you're referring to the "Plasma weapons melt stuff and the dudes who use them are 7ft tall dinosaurs with power armor and steroids" issue. Then yeah, I see what you mean.

#9239565 Mythic Map Pack

Posted by Arachnidus on 03 September 2008 - 12:34 PM in Original Trilogy

I highly doubt they are fake. If Halo 3 is being re-released as a MP-only disc, then they could add up to another 1000.

Possibly, but I'm still skeptical. It's killing me that I can't find signs of shopping.

#9238588 Halo: The Cole Protocol

Posted by Arachnidus on 18 July 2008 - 03:18 AM in Halo Universe

The battle rifle looks odd without the iconic scope.

I believe that's an MA5K.

#9238491 The Next Halo Game

Posted by Arachnidus on 15 July 2008 - 06:58 PM in Original Trilogy

Well, whatever it was, it's dead now. Check Bnet.

#9238466 The Next Halo Game

Posted by Arachnidus on 15 July 2008 - 04:01 PM in Original Trilogy

You know that Tudyk, Fillion and Baldwin were all voice actors in Halo 3, right? That's what we're talking about here - them going back into the studio to reprise their roles.

Yeah, I know, but the thing is, seeing as it's impossible that Halo 3 is still in development, and unless there's more marine voice-overs going on...well, I could've sworn Bungie said they were fans of the show.

#9238456 The Next Halo Game

Posted by Arachnidus on 15 July 2008 - 02:01 PM in Original Trilogy

So, I can't acces GAF because it's down, but some interesting news came out today thanks to Falagard and Cocop. According to this site, some of the guys from Firefly recently got to meet up again at Bungie when they were doing more voiceover work for Halo 3. Somewhat interesting, considering that Halo 3 has already shipped and we've been under the impression that Bungie is only dealing with additional maps as downloadable content.

It clearly isn't Halo 4, right? I mean, we're too early in the development cycle (if there even is one right now), plus, they do clearly state Halo 3. Falagard suggested that this could be a small featurette as was released with the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack, which is entirely possible. Perhaps this "blue" is, in fact, a map pack. The other idea, however unlikely, is that it's a Halo 3 expansion pack for both campaign and multiplayer. If it's the latter, I'll be awestruck.

Wait a second, the guys from Firefly, the best show ever made?

What if it's a Firefly game? Or some type of spinoff? Wasn't there a Bungie game being made awhile ago codenamed Pheonix?

#9237750 Halo: The Cole Protocol

Posted by Arachnidus on 24 June 2008 - 11:34 AM in Halo Universe

When is this book taking place in the halo timeline?

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Grey Team was deployed shortly before the events of Halo 1.

#9237726 Halo: The Cole Protocol

Posted by Arachnidus on 23 June 2008 - 06:23 PM in Halo Universe

Seeing as they mention an alliance, I'm willing to bet Grey Squad and the Elites make an alliance which might wind up helping out with relations in Halo 2/3 between mankind and the elites.

#9237635 Something That Has Always Bothered Me...

Posted by Arachnidus on 22 June 2008 - 08:19 AM in Halo Universe

Impossible. The levels Avalanche and Construct would not exist. When Installation 04 II fired, Cortana said that it destroyed both itself and the Ark.

We don't know to what extent the damage was, however. Destroyed could be an exaggeration for all we know. All that could've happened was the debris from the Halo would've crashed onto the Ark, and parts of the Halo could still be in space, undamaged.

#9237563 Something That Has Always Bothered Me...

Posted by Arachnidus on 20 June 2008 - 07:26 PM in Halo Universe

Unlikely considering that the Ark was built solely for the purpose of being outside the halo array.

Yeah, I know, I mean that, seeing as the multiplayer most likely takes place after Halo 3, it could be whatever was left of the Elite/Human/Covenant/Flood forces on the Ark(I'm assuming the radiological weapon that the Halo uses destroys dead bodies as well) just before Installation 04(II) was activated.

#9237549 Something That Has Always Bothered Me...

Posted by Arachnidus on 20 June 2008 - 03:39 PM in Halo Universe

Maybe something similar to the firing of the Halo array happened at the Ark, and that's just the remnants of any forerunner or flood on the Ark.

#9237548 Glitch In The Matrix?

Posted by Arachnidus on 20 June 2008 - 03:38 PM in Halo Universe

So it occurred to me the other day, obviously when I was bored.

At the end of Halo2, Arbiter and Johnson mount up on one of the Covenant ships and head to earth, in plenty of time to get there before MC.
MC who by the way hitched a ride on a Forerunner ship. Not just any old Forerunner ship, but a Dreadnought.
So how is that possible? According to this
http://halo.wikia.co...pace#Velocities
it seems like the Covenant ships are much faster than humananity's at this point. However the Forerunner tech should be that much again faster than the Covenant given the Covenant lesser understanding in general and imperfect imitation of Forerunner tech.
Thoughts? Was MC actually lying there petrified for a few days?

We don't know if that was the dreadnaught that he landed in on, as the comic bridges the gap, so for all we know, it could've been another forerunner ship that he cruised in on. Also, remember the fact that Halo 2 takes place in November/December 2552, and Halo 3 takes place in February/March 2553. Anything could've happened in the time gap, seeing as the chief didn't know that the Arbiter was allied with us, which means he had little or no contact in that time period.

#9237009 Ship Names

Posted by Arachnidus on 09 June 2008 - 02:29 PM in Halo Universe

I agree with the previous post, the names seem to be connected to the style of the ship.

#9236594 Rise of a Warrior

Posted by Arachnidus on 04 June 2008 - 04:09 PM in Halo Universe

When do the flood say damn? I don't remember putting that in there.

Wait, sorry, that as a typo. I meant elites.

#9236500 Halo 4: Dark Planetoid Rising

Posted by Arachnidus on 03 June 2008 - 06:09 PM in The Reclaimer Saga

"I'll miss you" Cortana's final dialogue, makes me think that this is the end for Master Chief in any type of video game franchise. I think Bungie has the talent to make another game well without this iconic protagonist. I also think they are confident/arrogant enough to try.

Actually, Cortana probably said that because, as a Smart AI, her operational lifetime is only about 7 years. She'll probably be "dead" or rampant by the time the Chief is awakened, and hell, we don't know when the Chief is going to crash on the planet. The ending might be five days later, or two hundred years later.

#9236494 Rise of a Warrior

Posted by Arachnidus on 03 June 2008 - 06:03 PM in Halo Universe

Pretty damned good, a few inaccuracies(for example, I don't think the Flood would be using human words like damn, and they'd speak in a less human manner), but good nonetheless.

#9236484 The Flood after H3?

Posted by Arachnidus on 03 June 2008 - 05:56 PM in Halo Universe

I think it would be very unwise to get rid of the flood on the Forerunner installations. Why? Because they are the only known source of them, and what if, some day in the future, the flood returns from a different galaxy? They are, after all, an extra-galactic species. Humans and Elites would have no knowledge of the flood besides the limited details that Cortana could give us (assuming she survives to give the information). They should be studied (using Forerunner tech, obviously, and with a patrol ship in orbit ready to glass the entire surface if anything goes wrong), and if it comes down to it, the Halos can be activated to wipe the galaxy clean again in order to stave off the flood and allow for life to rise once more.

Glassing wouldn't necessarily destroy the rings, they'd just vaporize every lifeform on it. If the shots were strategically placed, then the Flood specimens would be effectively destroyed, and we'd still have the Halos.

The most important thing Humanity and the other races would have to look for is Shield Worlds, unless the Ark were to be used again...but what if some of the Flood is still alive on the Ark, somehow surviving the debris impact/shockwave/explosion of Installation 04(II)? All it takes is one slip up by a Marine(Obviously, the UNSC would send forces into the Ark eventually to survey it) to get infected, become a carrier form, spread more infection forms, infect more people, and repeat the cycle. The problem with the Flood is not the combat forms, it's the Carrier forms- you kill one, and you create 5+ more.

#9236321 Where Are The Hunters And The Grunts?

Posted by Arachnidus on 02 June 2008 - 03:26 PM in Halo Universe

I was just playing through some of halo3 and something came to mind, I remember distinctly from Halo2 in a level as the Arbiter (possible the last one) where you run into an elite and 2 hunters, the elite stops you and says something like "Hold your fire! The Arbiter? I thought he was dead! The Hunters have come to our aid, Arbiter, they will fight by our side!" then you and your elite buddy proceed to tear into the Brutes with some accompaying cannon fodder grunts, so my question is, wheres the grunts and hunters in halo 3? why aren't they fighting WITH the elites? Seems to be a pretty important plot hole doesnt it?

edit: maybe I should have put this in the H3 section, my bad :(

Just as they were inducted into the Covenant, they probably backed out of the rebellion under threat of extinction.

#9236320 The Flood after H3?

Posted by Arachnidus on 02 June 2008 - 03:25 PM in Halo Universe

This is correct. After the events depicted in Halo 3, the Flood outbreak has been quelled and the Gravemind destroyed, but samples still exists with the Forerunner facilities.

The difference between this event and the last is that those who eradicated the Flood remain behind to deal with the remains of the infestation. The Flood are no longer a mystery, nor will the Forerunner technology (most importantly the array) be seen as spiritual artifacts to be claimed and used for some divine purpose.

True, but now that we have the knowledge of the Flood's storage(obviously, as there was a Gravemind on Halo Delta and an unknown populous on Halo Alpha) on the Installations, I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the Elites and possibly mankind(if we by some odd chance manage to receive Elite tech, possibly by a treaty, we could rebuild a fleet) would hunt down the installations near our part of the Galaxy, and glass them or otherwise destroy them.

#9235831 The Flood after H3?

Posted by Arachnidus on 28 May 2008 - 04:01 PM in Halo Universe

I'm questioning those numbers on the relative strengths of the populations.

Currently the Earth has 6.6, 6.7 billion people on it. I believe in The Fall of Reach none of the colonized worlds had reached a billion, but many had hundreds of millions of people. Halopedia says Reach was up to seven hundred million, and that was the second most populated world (not anymore by the time of Halo 1.) We can surmise that there are a handful of worlds in the hundreds of millions, and that population on earth leveled off maybe around twice its current amount.

But I think you're grossly underestimating the Covenant factions' relative sizes. I can't imagine a massive space-faring people existing for millenia and not occupying dozens of worlds with a combined population in the triple digit billions.

Frankly, I think we've seen only a miniscule fraction of the Covenant so far.

Always keep in mind that the prophets have been killed, leaving the remains of the covenant with no more leadership, and at least three of the Covenant's client races either don't believe in the "Great Journey" or are fed up with the Covenant. The Grunts only stayed as they were essentially slaves, so it's safe to assume that they have either come to our side or will stay neutral. The Jackals are basically space pirates, so they can be a foreseeable threat in the future either way. The Brutes were probably hunted down by the Elites and either forced into extinction, or a cease fire w/ a chance at peace. The Hunters only joined under the threat of extinction, so they probably left the union. The Elites, of course, are on our side and are either going to stay out of our business, or perhaps create an alliance(seeing as The Arbiter now leads the Elites, they probably won't attack us or try to cause any trouble) with mankind. We don't know enough about the Drones to make a conclusion. The Engineers were technical slaves, so they're obviously not in the Covenant anymore. And the Prophet's race were most likely killed when High Charity was invaded by the Flood. As for any other unknown races of the Union, we don't know about them, so we can't assume anything.

IPB Skin By Virteq