Photo

Where Are The Hunters And The Grunts?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

I was just playing through some of halo3 and something came to mind, I remember distinctly from Halo2 in a level as the Arbiter (possible the last one) where you run into an elite and 2 hunters, the elite stops you and says something like "Hold your fire! The Arbiter? I thought he was dead! The Hunters have come to our aid, Arbiter, they will fight by our side!" then you and your elite buddy proceed to tear into the Brutes with some accompaying cannon fodder grunts, so my question is, wheres the grunts and hunters in halo 3? why aren't they fighting WITH the elites? Seems to be a pretty important plot hole doesnt it? edit: maybe I should have put this in the H3 section, my bad :(

Edited by Confalone, 02 June 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

I was just playing through some of halo3 and something came to mind, I remember distinctly from Halo2 in a level as the Arbiter (possible the last one) where you run into an elite and 2 hunters, the elite stops you and says something like "Hold your fire! The Arbiter? I thought he was dead! The Hunters have come to our aid, Arbiter, they will fight by our side!" then you and your elite buddy proceed to tear into the Brutes with some accompaying cannon fodder grunts, so my question is, wheres the grunts and hunters in halo 3? why aren't they fighting WITH the elites? Seems to be a pretty important plot hole doesnt it?

edit: maybe I should have put this in the H3 section, my bad :(

Just as they were inducted into the Covenant, they probably backed out of the rebellion under threat of extinction.

#3 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

Only the Elites and Brutes chose definate sides. Both the Hunters and Grunts were split on the issue: join the Prophets or join the Elites. Unfortunatly there were no allied gunts like there were in Halo 2. That was so much fun. I spent a whole day leading a Grunt through the Heretic level on Legendary. It took forever.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

Just like the Arbiter says to you on the first level on Halo 3, ?The grunts new found strength is but fear." The grunts are obviously stuck alongside the brutes and the covenant under punishment of death.

#5 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Just like the Arbiter says to you on the first level on Halo 3, ?The grunts new found strength is but fear." The grunts are obviously stuck alongside the brutes and the covenant under punishment of death.

ah ok, my disc is scratched and the first level is the only thing i cant load, i guess i must have missed that at first

#6 Arbiter Forever

Arbiter Forever
  • 2 posts
  • Location:You know those bushes close to your house? yeah I'm in them.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

If I remember right way back about maybe a year or 2, Bungie said only the grunts and Hunters on Delta Halo were on your side. But I could be wrong.
I teach hooligans how to transfigure water to vodka and twigs into baseball bats..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq