Perfect Dark Zero

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

-I need to find a sensitivity.  It really feels so different from Halo, and I'm terrible at aiming without Halo's auto aim.  My firefights last forever right now, because I'm shooting all over the place.

PDZ Aim Fix.

- The chicks grunting make me want to punch baby pandas in the face.  WTF was Rare thinking?  I kind of like the kill announcer now, though, and I like how it says headshot when you bust someone in the face.

Go into Game Settings from the Options menu and switch your character to Jonathon. See how you like that.

-Where the fuck is the sniper rifle hiding?  Is it just not on the map because I have default settings on?

You can customize a weapon set to have the Jackal, or you can switch the weapon settings to one that includes the Sniper.

- I miss my jumps...

Jumping is for pussies. And Supa Bens.

? How is CTF on this game?

Nothing to write home about.

?  I bet DarkOps is shiggity sweet.

Indeed.

#182 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

PDZ Aim Fix.

Go into Game Settings from the Options menu and switch your character to Jonathon. See how you like that.

Sweet. Thanks a lot, dude.

P.S. I still miss jumps.

#183 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

The Magnum is awesome, as is the Superdragon. Sniping is hard as shit, but that really just adds to the fun/challenge in this case. The shotgun is great, and the MP5 lookalike is teh shit too. That's the weapon set I've been playing with most of the day, with mines in the 5th slot. Tomorrow, if I'm still not on Live, I'll switch to a different weapon set, so I'll be ready to own you guys when I do get on... P.S. Campaign is a lot better now, too.

#184 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

Right click save as

Brutal Irken playing on what is my favorite level gameplay-wise so far, Urban, I think is its name, (Desert is the sexiest graphics-wise), and getting some nasty headshots with the magnum and jackal sniper. This game is only going to get cooler as people's aims get better- Irken is already showing signs of it, with some of his long range magnum headshots, but even he has trouble with the jackal sniper. The zoomed in aiming is just SO difficult. I've started doing as much as I can unzoomed and only zooming at the last second.

For those of you who don't have the game yet, notice how freakin' sweet some of the guns' secondary fire modes are, from the remote control rockets to grenade launchers. There are so many awesome guns in this game, and I'm getting better at aiming already. Some day, when we're all so nasty that firefights are shorter and more precise, this game is going to be SICK. It's still fun now, though.

#185 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

that was cool, I especially like the Samsung logo in the upper right corner in the end (funny considering the game is kind of anti-corporations, at least the first one was). Those guns are amazing, especially that huge pistol. Hopefully once I get the tax return I'll be playing this one with you guys, if you're still playing it by then.

#186 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

I especially like the Samsung logo in the upper right corner in the end (funny considering the game is kind of anti-corporations, at least the first one was).

The menu/scoreboard/other whatnot is called your d-PAL, and it's apparently made by Samsung in the year 2020. Pointless me thinks.

#187 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

Great news, the pdz autoupdate is now live. Best thing about this is that now we can use bots in darkops which is the better game mode. I'll definitely be playing this game some now and a lot when the new maps come out, hopefully some of you guys still have the game. I'm pretty sure the new maps will come out during E3.

PDZ Autoupdate

I just found out that a 'Perfect Dark Zero' auto update is now available for all Xbox Live members. I need to chase down exactly what is in the AU, but I wanted to let you know as soon as I found out.

Edit: I found some details out around the new bot settings now in the game:

DarkOps Bots. AI-controlled Bots are no longer relegated to DeathMatch games. Now they can challenge human players in any of the DarkOps multiplayer games. Just like in DeathMatch games, Bots can be used in either Live games or in offline games.

Additional AI variants for Bots. The PDZ team was not satisfied with just one version of Bot AI. Now a total of eight Bot Personalities are available. Is someone dominating everyone else in a match? Send a Judge Bot after them. Want to add chaos and confusion? Add some Feud Bots into the mix.

Vanilla = Original Bot AI.
Ghost = Invisible apart from when firing its weapon.
Judge = Attacks the player with the most kills.
Bully = Attacks the player with the least kills.
Venge = Attacks the last person that killed them.
Feud = Chooses a new random target on each spawn and hunts them down.
Prey = Picks on the player with lowest armor and health.
Random = Uses a random Bot Personality.

#188 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

Good to see that it's starting to resemble the orginial a bit more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq