Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:50 PM

Look at the right side under game features

#2 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:57 PM

Xbox Live Clan Support

This indicates the online multiplayer component of the game supports Clans. A Clan consists of a team of two or more gamertags. Clans can battle it out with other Clans online via Xbox Live.

Playing Xbox games online and using the Clan functionality requires a broadband Internet connection and an Xbox Live subscription.

Just click on it.

#3 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 06:28 PM

I was excited when I heard Splinter Cell was supporting Clans. This should make it easy to organize our group within Chaos Theory. I'm hoping we can get some kind of stat feedback on Ubi's site like Bungie provides.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:06 PM

I was excited when I heard Splinter Cell was supporting Clans. This should make it easy to organize our group within Chaos Theory. I'm hoping we can get some kind of stat feedback on Ubi's site like Bungie provides.

that would be sweet!

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:19 PM

What are we gonna call our Chaos Theory Clan? I think you should be the Overlord for that Clan as well BRASH, especially since it seems you're a bigger fan of Splinter Cell.

#6 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

What are we gonna call our Chaos Theory Clan? I think you should be the Overlord for that Clan as well BRASH, especially since it seems you're a bigger fan of Splinter Cell.

I plan to stick with "The Ephorate", or simply "Ephorate" for the sake of being recognizable. I'm open to other clan titles, but I can't think of any that top the one we have now.

Voc. and I will debate under the wise counsel of God for additional overlords, although the time has yet to come.
I got your back, Dual.

#7 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

Voc. and I will debate under the wise counsel of God for additional overlords, although the time has yet to come.

I vote for Dual. Because he is a 1337 h4x0rZ at Splinter Cell.

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

I think that we should start a new poll for clan names

#9 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:56 PM

We're the Ephorate. Keep the sense of unity. Anything else would be stupid.
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:58 PM

We're the Ephorate. Keep the sense of unity. Anything else would be stupid.

:( :( :(

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:03 PM

I plan to stick with "The Ephorate", or simply "Ephorate" for the sake of being recognizable. I'm open to other clan titles, but I can't think of any that top the one we have now.

No- we're the EHPORATE!

Hoo-Ahh!

EDIT: BRASH, I love you, please don't kill me...

#12 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

No- we're the EHPORATE!

Hoo-Ahh!

EDIT: BRASH, I love you, please don't kill me...

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I got your back, Dual.

#13 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:58 AM

I don't either half of the time, and the other half I'm not listening....

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:03 AM

I might as well say this now...I have no plans on buying Chaos Theory, but I will rent it just for the sake of playing. I've tried my hardest to get into Splinter Cell, but I just can't fit into the genre. However, if anybody is planning on buying Republic Commando, I'm looking forward to playing with you.

#15 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:07 PM

You should hold up on renting CT until Dual or I have completed the campaign. Once we're finished with that and the co-op, you need to play with us so for the sake of really enjoying the game. If the campaign doesn't interest you, and you don't have any buddies to play with online, then the experience is short of complete.
I got your back, Dual.

#16 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

I might as well say this now...I have no plans on buying Chaos Theory, but I will rent it just for the sake of playing. I've tried my hardest to get into Splinter Cell, but I just can't fit into the genre.

However, if anybody is planning on buying Republic Commando, I'm looking forward to playing with you.

Actually Kinetic, I didn't care for the campaign missions on the original Splinter Cell and I never even once touched Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow outside of Xbox Live. I rented the first game and got a good way through, before turning it back in and not looking back. Before Pandora Tomorrow came out, Unrelenting let me borrow it and I played it a little more. I was constantly frustrated by the lack of realism when it came to monitoring how much noise I was making in relationship to the enemy's recognizing it. I got so frustrated that it made me not want to play the single-player aspect of Pandora Tomorrow, despite the online element being enough for me to buy it.

After playing Pandora Tomorrow online I found that its definitely a remarkable game, at least the adversarial online gametype. I played countless hours with Unrelenting on Live and I had a blast. It's a lot more plausible and realistic in tone and feel, because every time you move and inch you don't have to deal with the thudding bass sound (indicating you've been detected) and then your cover is blown. The enemies were real humans who responded like real humans, and it made it not only playable, but immensely enjoyable.

When I put in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, the demo everyone is talking about, I nearly shit my pants. First of all, the enemies to me seem way more accurately depicted in terms of their response to your movement. True, some of it is a little over the top (they get within inches of you without even knowing you're there), but overall, I found it much more manageable. Since I'm not adept when it comes to patience (you've all seen the idiotic stunts I pull on Halo 2, ie. driving a single Ghost into the base on Zanzibar in hopes of taking at least one of the other team's players down before getting obliterated), I enjoyed the stealth portion of the game as well as the newfound open-ended vibe it had. Then I discovered the shotgun, and that weapon alone is enough to make me want the game. That there's now a sniper rifle and two online components, both guaranteed to entertain, this game is golden. I definitely think you should rent it and give it a chance, because I think we have the same take on the previous game's single player segments.

I'm going to rent Republic Commando as well, I should have it before the end of the week and be on Live. Looks fun, now to finish Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (read: good game).

#17 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

However, if anybody is planning on buying Republic Commando, I'm looking forward to playing with you.

I am. It comes out tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: *sigh* Wow.

#18 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

YOU IS NOT MISTAKED. It does indeed come out tomorrow. I won't have it till later this week though, as I'm renting through gamefly.com. I also plan on getting my hands on Project Snowblind and Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Anyone going to be renting/getting those?

#19 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:55 PM

The thing is, I tried the online play for PT as well, and I still wasn't too impressed. Spies versus Mercenaries was pretty cool, and the killing moves the spies got were nice, but it just didn't seem fun enough to keep me playing. I probably won't have my hands on Republic Commando until later in the week or early next week.

#20 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

I'll be renting Project: Snowblind and Republic Commando eventually, so just let me know when to pick them up. (I don't have a gamefly.com membership, so I'll be doing it the old fashioned way)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq