#61 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

UltraViolet

Looks a lot like Oni.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#62 soapofdurden

soapofdurden

Can use the magnum.

• 257 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:54 AM

UltraViolet

Looks a lot like crap.

fixed
Gamertag: soapofdurden
soapofdurden@yahoo.com
AIM: soapofdurden101

#63 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

Uwe Boll, Out of Luck

Straight from Kojima's mouth, the German film maker will not be directing MGS.

In a recent HideChan session on HideoBlog, Hideo Kojima denied the rumor that German film maker Uwe Boll is currently working on a Metal Gear Solid film.

"That rumor is completely untrue, you can relax."

Special thanks goes out to "Osiris" of JunkerHQ for this news.

Source

#64 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

It was just that one armor-bashing slow down shot I saw that made me think it was worth a post. Good news for Boll and all.
I got your back, Dual.

#65 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

Good news about Boll having nothing to do with MGS. I will see that crappy Oni wannabe, because that chick is hot. Hot chick=you get Van's money.

#66 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

You wanted Boll to direct a MGS film, Van. Admit it.
I got your back, Dual.

#67 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

ha, I would let Boll take the reins on most game films, but not ones that are about plot or art; like MGS.

#68 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

Might I make a comment on the fate of the Halo movie? I hope that it sucks. I truly hope that they screw it up, nobody goes to see it, and nobody even bootlegs it due to its incomparable shitiness. Halo was a badass video game. Halo 2's multiplayer is a badass video game. And years ago, I remember reading an article from the "Powers that Bungie" stating that they would not make a movie about Halo, citing genre and ethical standards. Yet, here they are, selling out again (when they aren't getting wasted while they should be finishing the single player campaign). It would serve them rightly if the Halers Movie was really that thing we all downloaded a few months ago, homerun.

#69 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:06 PM

What unsufferable salesman convinced you of that?
I got your back, Dual.

#70 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:43 AM

The DVD that came with my Halo 2 LE convinced me that Bungie buggered away their dev time on Halo 2. And the slowly changing, even hypocritical, attitudes of mods and Bungie Employees on Bungie's own forums convinced me that a significant amount of money was shot up the asses of some key decision-makers in order to make a Halo Movie happen. A lot of people think that if they just, one day, start changing their line and talking like it's always been that way, then people will go along. For example, if a video game company said, yesterday, "we are opposed to a movie version of our game," but then, today, said, "A movie is something we've been working on here for a long time. It really is a dream come true for all of us here at Bungie," most of the tards on teh interweb would say, "See, I told yu they was a gunna makes teh moovey." And that's how internet bullshit becomes fact. On an unrelated note, this is the same strategy used to defend the absence of WMDs in Iraq. But that's for a different and more flame-warry thread. And a similar series of events led to the oft promulgated idea that Halo 2 was ever "delayed." Just because someone says it on the internet doesn't make it true. I didn't mean to say anything negative against bungie on a clan-site devoted to Halo. Please disregard my complaints. I've always believed in a Halo movie. It's been a dream of mine for years, and to see it come true is truly a miracle. :ph43r: P.S. I understand why you would think a gamestore employee told me that. Those guys can be so full of shit. I stopped trying to have conversations with them when I cancelled my PS2 preorder so I could go to college.

#71 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well, I know regardless of the BIG SECRET and lies about Bungie's next project, I have confidence they're developing the next Halo.
I got your back, Dual.

#72 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

Behold, Nacho Libre!!
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

#73 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

I didn't laugh. Is that bad?
I got your back, Dual.

#74 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

Scary Movie 4

#75 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

Scary Movie 4

#4?

Posted Image

That's fanfuckintastic!

#76 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:19 AM

Behold, Nacho Libre!!

I laughed. Is that bad?

#77 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

Uwe Boll: 'Don't Blame Me'

"The dangerous thing right now is that a lot of people bash me without thinking about the movies. It's fashionable to hit on Uwe Boll, and this is what I don't get. And I don't get why this comes so harshly from the games press,"

More here

Boll says the point is that his movies get better as his career progresses - Dungeon Siege is "ten times better" than BloodRayne, which is ten times better than House of the Dead, and so on.

So then in about 5 years his movies will finally reach the quality of "Dude, Where's My Car".

Posted Image

#78 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

LOL!

:O
I got your back, Dual.

#79 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:18 AM

Miller on Sin City 2

February 17, 2006 - Little Nancy Callahan is making a return in Sin City 2. At last week's WonderCon in San Francisco, Frank Miller spoke briefly on the sequel to 2005's Sin City. Filming is expected to being in May or June, meaning that a spring 2007 release is likely.

It was already revealed that the film would adapt one of the best Sin stories, "A Dame to Kill For". That, however, won't be the only story featured in the next movie. Miller is writing a brand new story to weave throughout the film. The new tale follows Nancy Callahan after the events of "That Yellow Bastard" and shows how she was affected by Hartigan's suicide.

Several shorts are also going to be featured. Miller hinted that "Blue Eyes" and perhaps a few other shorts from the book Lost, Lonely, and Lethal could make the final cut and see near-perfect panel-to-screen translations.

Casting is still unknown, but "A Dame to Kill For" would bring back several characters from last film, including Gail, played by Rosario Dawson. Dwight, played by Clive Owen in the first film, is the star of "Dame". However, in this story (which takes place before the events of the first film), Dwight has a different face, so it's unclear if Owen would still be cast in the role. Also appearing in "Dame" and likely Sin City 2 are Miho, Manute and Marv. Yeah, Marv is back, albeit in a smaller role.

ign

#80 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

That's teh cool. I just hope they can get most of the actors back. I thought the cast was really good in the first, hopefully they'll be able to replicate the style from the first movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq