Photo

Mythic Map Pack

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

All I want is a Headlong remake. That was one of my favorite levels and its was so much more different then any other level out there. It is (in my opinion) the greatest asymetrical map that incorporated vehicles perfectly. There was a great balance of vehicle and foot engagements. The new non-himing rockets would be perfect for that map, and a spartan laser could be put on the balance beam thingy.

#22 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

Headlong was awesome. I'd love to see a remake of that map, but I don't see it happening unless the "dirty port" option comes into play.

#23 Khyberius

Khyberius

The Pretty Prince of Parties

• 52 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

Going back to purple reign, did you guys immediatly think covie when you heard that, or wa sit jsut me? cuz i just immediatly think purple - covenant. in fact, i answered that on a psych test.

#24 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

I told a few people tonight, but I'm concerned that we'll have to wait a while now for another map pack. Honestly, I would have rather paid for 3 maps now then get one free and wait months for more.

#25 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

I told a few people tonight, but I'm concerned that we'll have to wait a while now for another map pack. Honestly, I would have rather paid for 3 maps now then get one free and wait months for more.

I'm really curious what the pipeline is like. IIRC, we've heard about Moonbase Alpha and Purple Reign for a good six months or so. We didn't hear about this one until a month before it was officially announced.

And by this time in Halo 2's lifecycle, all nine maps were out. Of course, Bungie was in their pre-production phase of Halo 2, and by all accounts they ramped right into production on multiple new projects this time around. But yeah. I'm hoping they show at least these next two maps at E3.

#26 Ares Vale

Ares Vale

Myself, I think...

• 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

Going back to purple reign, did you guys immediatly think covie when you heard that, or wa sit jsut me? cuz i just immediatly think purple - covenant. in fact, i answered that on a psych test.

In Halo thinking mode, purple definatley equals covenant. If you look at the definition for Reign, it means something close to ruling. So, it could be High Charity, after infection, a part not visited in the campaing where all of the people whould have lived, or possibly something on the capitol city of Sanghelios. I think that the latter would be a bit more interesting.

#27 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

I suppose it's worth noting in this thread that Purple Reign has officially been dubbed "Assembly", and will be shown (and playable) at Bungie's booth at PAX on Friday. No word on Moonbase Alpha, but we'll get to see at least one new map. I'm guessing they'll release this (last) batch of maps on the 1st anniversary of Halo 3 shipping - September 25.

#28 PRO_KING

PRO_KING
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I'm guessing they'll release this (last) batch of maps on the 1st anniversary of Halo 3 shipping - September 25.

Why do you think this map pack is the last one?

Edited by txlonghorn, 25 August 2008 - 01:39 PM.

#29 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

I doubt this will be the last map pack and I agree that the games launch anniversary seems the most likely release date. Hopefully the new maps will come bundled with 250 points worth of more achievements...
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

I doubt this will be the last map pack and I agree that the games launch anniversary seems the most likely release date. Hopefully the new maps will come bundled with 250 points worth of more achievements...

I've been talking about the additional achievement points for a while now. 125 of those points should definitely be for completing Halo 3 Legendary Solo.

Additional achievements and points wouldn't be related to a map pack though, that would be something that would come through on an Auto Update.

#31 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

Additional achievements and points wouldn't be related to a map pack though, that would be something that would come through on an Auto Update.

Additional achievements are for campaign/story/solo content only.

Thus, it is highly unlikely Halo 3 will ever be getting any additional achievements.

Edited by Self Induced, 28 August 2008 - 09:14 AM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#32 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

125 of those points should definitely be for completing Halo 3 Legendary Solo.

Then I unlock that as soon as the achievements were added :)

I am a doubter as to there actually being any more achievements for halo 3 but I can still hope *crosses fingers*

#33 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Thus, it is highly unlikely Halo 3 will ever be getting any additional achievements.

I thought additional achievements could be added for anything, afterall werent the extra 250 for Gears of War all multiplayer based?

Sorry for the unintentional spam, I would have added this into my last post in this thread but I didnt read Self Induced`s message earlier.

#34 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

I thought additional achievements could be added for anything, afterall werent the extra 250 for Gears of War all multiplayer based?

The most rigid part of the achievement system is 1000 points over 50 achievements max (except for The Orange Box and other special exceptions such as Bioshock), and an additional 250 max can be added over a total of 10 achievements, and this is largely content based. A majority of new content released over the span of the 360's library has been in campaign or solo play (comparatively, much less content has been released in multiplayer modes), so those are where the achievements usually go. Gears of War's Annex mode was deemed a large enough addition to the game's overall content to warrant the second set of achievements.

Considering this, Bungie has to release new campaign content in order for new campaign-related achievements to surface. This probably won't happen, but if it does, the new achievements will only relate to the new content, so an achievement along the lines of "Complete the campaign on legendary solo" is most likely not going to happen. If Bungie greatly overhauls multiplayer, or releases a plethora of new multiplayer content, the new achievements will only be related to the new multiplayer content.

...just to clarify.

Edited by Self Induced, 28 August 2008 - 06:01 PM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#35 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Thanks mate. I would hope that Halo 3 is worth a special exception as you say. Anyways, heres hoping, though im not going to hold my breath...

#36 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:15 AM

Assembly gameplay.

Guy playing sucks, but eh, we finally get to view it in motion.

Posted Image

Edited by DualX, 30 August 2008 - 06:33 AM.

#37 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

They could apply the additional points to achievements related to the existing campaign content. Although Crackdown did add a lot of content with their AU, some of the achievements were related to things already achievable with the original content. It's very possible for Bungie to add points to the existing campaign or multiplayer. Given the plans we don't know about either, it's also very possible that Bungie is working on some major changes that could warrant more achievements as well.

#38 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Nice HD video of Assembly.

#39 Captain Blood

Captain Blood
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

The one bummer is that all I was able to play of the map was 10 person FFA AR starts, and if there is any way to break a map that is the way. It actually held up ok considering those playing conditions once and a while there would be spawning issues but like I said with that game type every map is going to have spawning issues. I really think it will play well 4v4 for slayer and objective games a like.

#40 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

What "size" is it? It looks on the same sort of scale as The Pit but maybe that`s just the impression the video gives...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq