#21 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

I guess he had to improvise when pressing right bumper didn't work.

#22 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

On its side, perhaps? I was a little baffled as well, but eh, whatever. Only 0.00001% of people who play the game will notice. lol @ Kinetic

Edited by Drew, 12 September 2007 - 04:36 PM.

#23 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

On a side not I just noticed how bad Halo 1 looks compared to Halo 3. They show alot of emotion towards MC proving he really was a leader and a sign of hope. Which I am wondering if it will play into the game as well. Anyways I want Fridays ad. It looks to be the one that will be the most emotional.

#24 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

I do wish they had executed this rather high-concept using the game engine and assets, ala Mad World. I love that trailer, for the concept, execution and the fact that it still tells you the game is about huge guys with guns fighting monsters in a war-torn old-Europe sytle world. I'm a big advocate for using the game to sell the game, as the still-wonderful Halo 2 tv spot did.

All that said, this is done about as well as it can be done. The pacing, acting, writing - I think it's all spot on and delivers the emotion it intends to. And I have to give MS credit for doing something very, very different. Reaction online in forums and press sites has been mostly very positive. Also, the full PR has some intertesting details about the ads.

First, it sounds like this is the first in a series of online "testimonial" spots, and the "Believe" ad coming on Friday is the only one that will hit TV. A few interesting details from the PR (it's pretty packed with'em):

*Stan Winston and New Deal Studios (Spiderman 3, 300 and Superman Returns) did the diorama

*Directed by Rupert Sanders

*"At over 1200 square feet, reaching a height over 12 feet above the ground and with each handcrafted human and Covenant figure standing eight to twelve inches high, the diorama was large enough to fill an entire studio."

*"As part of the integrated campaign, an innovative web experience has been created that enables consumers to interact with and explore every part of the climactic battle in minute detail. Beyond the TV, cinema and print efforts, the site is also supported by an online advertising campaign that starts the conversation with the consumer and a branded channel on YouTube that helps to position Master Chief as the biggest hero in history. All digital components were created by AKQA San Francisco."

I assume that part has yet to be revealed.

More details on the schedule for roll-out:

Viewers get a sneak peek at "Diorama" on http://games.yahoo.com Friday Sept. 14 at 9 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. EST, as well as a feature on the making of the diorama, entitled, "Ammo".

The "Diorama" work will make its TV debut during NFL Football on CBS Sunday Sept. 16.

This, and the full series of web films, which honor the heroism of Master Chief, will also be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and http:www.halo3.com/believe starting September 14.

#25 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

heres another ad......All I can say is this one is way more powerful than the last one.

link

#26 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:43 AM

heres another ad......All I can say is this one is way more powerful than the last one.

link

Chills, I got them.

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 13 September 2007 - 04:45 AM.

#27 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

Wow. That is so fucking awesome. Love it. Totally inspiring. Makes you wonder if Master Chief will sacrifice himself here to save the entrenched marines or if he will inspire them to victory. Cannot wait. Cannot fucking wait. Oh, and the piano. God, the piano.

Edited by urk, 13 September 2007 - 05:08 AM.

#28 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

Posted Image

For the non-Youtubers.

#29 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

The new one is awesome, but the creepy moving head at the end was completely unnecessary and severely tempered my enjoyment. The plasma grenade close-up was enough, especially with that cool, subtle orange glow they threw in that makes you believe for a second that it will activate before your very eyes. Here's how it should have ended: The close-up on the plasma grenade. Close-up on Chief's helmet (stationary - this is a diorama, no?), then one more long shot of the whole battle as it fades to black and the Believe tagline plays across the screen.

#30 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

The new one is awesome, but the creepy moving head at the end was completely unnecessary and severely tempered my enjoyment. The plasma grenade close-up was enough, especially with that cool, subtle orange glow they threw in that makes you believe for a second that it will activate before your very eyes.

Here's how it should have ended: The close-up on the plasma grenade. Close-up on Chief's helmet (stationary - this is a diorama, no?), then one more long shot of the whole battle as it fades to black and the Believe tagline plays across the screen.

I agree. I think the moving head seemed kind of cheesy.

#31 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

I would have liked a longer shot of the Brute Chieftain holding up Mr. Chief. That was kind of shocking to see, and I wanted another 3 seconds to soak it in. Now my biggest question is WTF happens next? AAAARRRRRHG. 12 days.

#32 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

I assume that's Tartaurus?

#33 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

He's dead. How could it be him?

#34 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

Prolly.

I don't remember, does he die when you kill him (video game logic makes for funny sentences) in the end of H2, or does he skulk off to fight another day?

Shameless admission: I've only bothered killing Tartarus twice, and it was a long time ago. First time playing through on my own, second time co-oping with my Dad. Never bothered to do it again.

Although a few weeks ago, my Dad called me out of the blue to tell me he finally beat H2 on his own in Legendary. I was proud.

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

Spoiler
I agree on the head thing, it's a little out there, but whatever. The rest is awesome. Hopefully we'll get to see pictures of the entire thing later. Seems like an awful large waste of space, time, and money if they only show a tiny fraction of the entire thing. Spoiler tag added by Valor: Not everyone knows about this possible spoiler.

Edited by Va1or, 13 September 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#36 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

Man, I really need try and get through Halo 2 again. lolz I'm at the latter half with the Brute introduction and it just gets so bad. :(

#37 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

What I want is a Photosynth project done on the diorama so I can fly around it, seamlessly taking in every angle and story happening.

I would love to be involved in a project designing and laying out an epic battle diorama like that.

Painting all the little figures? Not so much.

Edited by MoNuckah, 13 September 2007 - 09:44 AM.

#38 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

Man, I really need try and get through Halo 2 again. lolz

I'm at the latter half with the Brute introduction and it just gets so bad. :(

If there was online Co-op, I'd offer to help. I'm trying to get through H2 again too, I'm at the beginning of the level that has the giant Forerunner robot boss thing. Arby just got dropped off, and now I have to grind through some corridors and Flood for awhile.

I keep find myself playing other games, but I'll finish it before D-Day.

#39 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

If there was online Co-op, I'd offer to help. I'm trying to get through H2 again too, I'm at the beginning of the level that has the giant Forerunner robot boss thing. Arby just got dropped off, and now I have to grind through some corridors and Flood for awhile.

I keep find myself playing other games, but I'll finish it before D-Day.

Ugh, get to a Spectre as soon as possible and boost your ass outta there. Lots of ghosting on the 360 version there.

I think I must have buried the Tartaurus fight deep down in my subconscious. Ugh. I honesty thought the dude lived. Double Ugh.

#40 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

I liked the first one, but not the second one. I don't like how it's focusing on the action figures. And since when do action figure heads move on their own? After a few views of the action figures, they should have busted into some Weta footage, or just some nice high rez theater footage from the game. The ending seemed to draw a parallel to "Betcha can't stick it", except not nearly as exciting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq