Maps

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:51 AM

Okay. I don't know how many people will agree with me, but I hate sandtrap... I mean, it was just a huge disappointment... I thought it was going to be huge and have tons of vehicles, and the elephant was gonna pwn... but there are choppers, mongooses, warthogs, and a banshee... and the elephant can only go in a figure 8... anyway, I LOVE Narrows and The Pit!!

#2 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

I think sandtrap will be great for 8 Vs. 8 matches, but do agree it's overhyped. They need sidewinder back. anyways my favorite maps.....Narrows is on that list. And isolation. Not so much for CTF or oddball. But for Team slayer. It plays great.

#3 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Faves: Guardian, Construct H8: Isolation, Epitaph

#4 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

Sandtrap:

Posted Image

Drew:

<3 Sandtrap.

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

<3 Sandtrap.

Seconded.

#6 UyghurWolf

UyghurWolf
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Favorites: Narrows and Guardian Dislike: The Pit

#7 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:29 AM

Sandtrap is nice, if you ignore the hype. The talked it up as this huge expanse for vehicular battles. And it's big enough, but it feels smaller than that ghey snow map in Halo 2. Nevertheless, I haven't played all the maps. If I play matchmaking, I seem to get games only in Valhalla or Snowbound. And when I play custom games, it's always...that one...in the jungle...with trees...it's kinda dark...

#8 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

the dark jungle one is called guardian... its the supposed spiritual successor of lockout... but i wish they had made a regular old remake, cuz i dont like guardian... and agreed about sandtrap... if you ignore the hype, it could be kind of fun... if you play VIP on it, its meh...

#9 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

cuz i dont like guardian...

Banned.

#10 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:50 AM

Rocket Race on Valhalla kicks every other game's ass, heretofore.

#11 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

Guardian, The Pit, Narrows, Construct, and Last Resort are all great maps, but Guardian definitely no Lockout. Great map on it's own, but isn't as similar to lockout as most people think. The only ones I really don't like in Halo 3 are Isolation and maybe Epitaph, just because I suck at it for some reason :P I also can't express enough my HATE for Valhalla. This map is nowhere near replacing Blood Gulch, they need to have BG in DLC, because you can't have Halo without it. Valhalla was a huge disappointment.

Edited by MasterChief2829, 02 October 2007 - 12:38 PM.

#12 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

[Blood Gulch] you can't have Halo without it. Valhalla was a huge disappointment.

Valhalla > Coagulation. And Halo 3 is more "Halo" than Halo 2.

#13 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

I also can't express enough my HATE for Valhalla. This map is nowhere near replacing Blood Gulch, they need to have BG in DLC, because you can't have Halo without it. Valhalla was a huge disappointment.

Bungie is doing exactly what they should have done to begin with, and that is to build the map with the newer gameplay features in mind; something of which they didn't do for Coag. You can't have a real Blood Gulch since it won't be anywhere near as fun as the original. Look at what happened to the "Hang'em High" remake for Halo 2...

Most of what I stated before about the maps before still hold for me (beta maps), but it's still too early for me to really tell which ones I love and which ones I hate or dislike.

#14 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

Yeah but Valhalla is just not a fun map to play on, it looks worse than the rest and it plays worse than the rest IMO. When I first saw pics of it I thought it was going to be like the Halo 1 environments with the big forerunner structures as bases and what not and I thought it was going to be really fun. Now I see more of it and then play it during the beta, and it was boring as hell. I haven't played it in the final but I can't believe it would be too much different.

Edited by MasterChief2829, 02 October 2007 - 01:05 PM.

#15 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

Valhalla is awesome. It's a good thing, too, because if Halo 3 is lacking in anything it's those big, vehicle-based maps. I really hope we get a big snow map, and just more big maps in general with the DLC. But yes, Valhalla is a thousand times better than Coagulation. It's not Blood Gulch, I'll give you that, but really, will anything ever be Blood Gulch other than Blood Gulch itself?

#16 Aisues

Aisues
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

I love Sandtrap. Its hard to pick out a fav. map yet, but everygame I play on Sandtrap has been a blast for me.

#17 Cuckooo

Cuckooo
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:15 AM

I like everything bar Epitaph, just can't get into that map just yet. My favourite maps are Vahalla and High Ground, although I hardly ever end up playing them.

#18 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

I guess Valhalla isn't that bad. I'm just disappointed with it. I imagined this big forest land set on a Halo with trees everywhere and a beautiful river flowing through and these huge forerunner structures as bases setting off an blast to the sky every once and a while. Sure it's the same basicness right now. But nowhere near as lush as I wanted to picture it to be. Sort of like Sierra 117 but more Halo styled environments rather than Earth. All I want for remakes would be Sidewinder. Rest should be new, though I wouldn't mind any other remakes, I'd like new maps as well.

#19 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

Sort of like Sierra 117 but more Halo styled environments rather than Earth.

So... like level 7? The one with trees and cliffs and rivers and waterfalls? The one that looks like Valhalla?

#20 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

Sure it's the same basicness right now. But nowhere near as lush as I wanted to picture it to be.

Environments which are too lush don't work well with Halo multiplayer because of the requirement for frenetic movement. Maps must be clutter-free for the most part, having long open areas for proper line of sight and reasonably predictable physics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq