• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:44 AM

I'm watching the FFA Round Robin to determine who will get into the 1v1 brackets. Strongside, Karma, and Ogre 2 all get automatic invites, because they won a 1v1 at a conference championship. So, that means there's 5 1v1 spots left to take. It looks like these will be the 8 people in the 1v1 1. *StrongSide01 :: 36 2. Cpt.Anarchy :: 34 3. *True_Karma :: 31 4. OGRE1 :: 30 5. gh057ayame :: 30 6. AYBFonzi :: 27 7. Walshy :: 26 8. *OGRE2 :: 25 I believe those are the seeds as well. They had 5 rounds of ffa and then players got points depending on their performance in each game. I'm going to work, so I'll be back tonight. If you want to follow this, they're updating the site after every round so head over to mlgpro.com. That 1v8 match ought to be pretty interesting as well as the 3v6.

#42 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:47 AM

FFA/1v1 tournament bracket

The winner out of Strongside and Ogre 1 plays Karma in the finals. Karma has destroyed everyone he's played so far. I haven't seen and 1v1 matches yet, but I'll let you guys know how the last two matches go.

4v4 Bracket

I'm watching Team Phreaks (IGS) and 3D right now. The first game was CTF on Warlock, and TP was up 4-2, and then 3D scored 3 straight within a couple of minutes. It was crazy; they had complete map control and they just raped. I'm currently watching Sanctuary TS- 3D just won 50-47. Walshy had 20 kills, and he also had 30-something in the Warlock game. So far I've been watching from TP's perspective (Strongside and Shockwav3). Next game is MLG Ball on Lockout.

EDIT: TP won MLG ball, mostly because they held it for like 4 minutes straight in BR tower. It was funny, Strongside was about to get a triple with sword, and Saiyan beat him down. Everyone was laughing their heads off. TP is talking tons of shit. 3D might be too, but they're not mich-ed.

Next gametype CTF Beaver Creek.
Series 2-1 for 3D (should be best of 5).

3D just raped that in about 5 minutes. Karma was starting to talk trash on Walshy, because he thought he was going to beat him down, then Walshy beat him down instead and Karma said "oops, never mind, I choked." It was pretty funny if you were listening to it.

That series is over for now. TP goes to the losers bracket and then 3D will face the winner of Legendz and Str8 Rippin. If you didn't know Legendz consists of Tsquared, Defy, Toxin, and Vash. Str8 is Fonzi, Foulacy, Captain Anarchy, and KillerN. Zyos and Tsquared were ***-holes as usual. Zyos is playing with Xit Woundz with Samurai, Bonfire, and Itwasluck. They're in the loser's bracket after losing to TP.

3D has already won this tournament imo. TP was probably going to be their toughest competition, so unless Str8 plays really good, this is already over.

#43 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

Apparently Str8 beat Legendz, although I don't think it showed the games. Currently Legendz is playing Xit Woundz in the loser's bracket. Current game is Midship neutral bomb, so far it's tied 1-1. EDIT 1: Legendz took the game 3-1. Game 2 is MLG TS Beaver Creek. EDIT2: Xit Woundz won that game 50-48, and they came from behind by a lot. Tsquared had a running riot (I was watching his screen), but it wasn't enough to win. Next game: MLG CTF on Warlock. EDIT3: Xit just won that one 5-1, with Bonfire making all 5 caps. Xit was definitely a lot more organized, and their teamwork was much better. It's funny because MLG keeps moving their cameras around to whoever they think will win, so they've flipped it about 4 times during the few matches I've watched. Next game is MLG Ball on Midship. EDIT4: Xit won that one, 5:00 to 3:20, so Legendz is out. Zyos was raping, he had like 40 kills and 25 deaths. TP plays Xit later on, then the winner of that series will play the loser of the 3D/Str8 Rippin series, then the winner of that will be in the championship round against either 3D or Str8 Rippin.

#44 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

Currently Str8 is playing 3D in the winner's bracket. They're playing CTF on Sanctuary for the first game. EDIT1: 3D won the first game 2-1, but it was really close. The second game is MLG TS Beaver Creek. For some reason they haven't shown 3D's screen the whole tournament. PS what is "Bonfire" on Sanctuary? The team kept saying it, so it's obviously a part of the map, but I'm not sure where. EDIT2: 3D won that game 50-41. There was the coolest beat down from Ogre 1 in it. I was watching from KillerN's viewpoint, and he had half an overshield. The brawl was at the front door of one of the bases. Ogre 1 crouched perfectly, so KillerN's melee missed, and then Ogre 1 did a quick double melee and pwned him. Walshy led with 16 kills. Next game up is Oddball on Lockout. EDIT3: 3D wins 5:00-3:55. Str8 was up by about a minute and a half at one point, and then they barely touched the ball the rest of the game. They just pick teams apart; it's insane. After Str8 lost the ball, they could never recover, because none of them were ever alive for more then 15 seconds. 1v1 losers bracket is next, Strongside vs Ogre 1; then the 1v1 championship.

#45 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:29 AM

I really wish I could see those videos. :angry:

#46 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:51 AM

If I could figure out a way to let you guys see them I would. Unfortunately, even if I gave you my account info it wouldn't help. The lisence for Windows media player only works on one computer.

#47 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

In the 1v1, Ogre 1 beat Strongside 15-11, but now they have to play one more match, because Strongside beat Ogre 1 in the first round to knock him to the loser's bracket. EDIT: Strongside won 15-7, he had some freaking cool kills. A lot of them were great grenade placement, and then there was this one beat down he had when he had no shields. They took off the time limit for some reason, now it's just whoever gets to 15 first. I don't know if that's just because these are the national championships or if that's going to be the new standard. Karma plays Strongside next. EDIT2: Karma beat Strongside 15-10 for the 1v1 championship and 5 grand. Some people find 1v1's boring, but for me they're probably the most exciting. The reason they're the best is because intelligence comes into play more than anything else. There's a lot of mental games going on. Apparently 1v1 is now an hour limit and you play until someone gets to 15 btw. Str8 Rippin and IGS/Team Phreaks are about to play to determine who will play 3D in the championship. Either way each team is going to be down to 3D- Str8 will be down 3-0 and TP will be down 3-1, and it's the first team to win 6 games out of 11. EDIT3: IGS won 5-3, Shockwav3 was freaking amazing the whole game. Capt Anarchy is a liability for Str8, too bad they don't have Zyos or T2 anymore. It was a really close game though. Next game is MLG TS Ivory Tower. EDIT4: IGS 50-43. Str8 led the whole game until the end, and then IGS pulled it out. It was a very intense game though. This has definitely been the best series so far imo. Next game Midship Ball. EDIT5: IGS 5:00-3:03. It was pretty much rape. Ghandi was talking a ton of smack though, which was funny. Karma was telling his teammates to help Ghandi, and Ghandi shouted out, "I don't need help. It's Foulacy." Then he out BRed Foulacy. He also kept yelling at Fonzi, telling him that he sucks, and that he was losing the game for his team. Good stuff. There's a break now for the Super Smash Brother Melee championships, then the finals between IGS/Team Phreaks and 3D.

#48 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that "Bonfire" on Sanctuary is the spot right in front of the doors to the bottom floor of the ring. In the video below, Bonfire goes crazy from there...

Sanctuary snipeeee

#49 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

Alrighty the Championship is about to start. To decide what players we'll be watching the host guy had the crowd cheer for each player, and whoever had the loudest is the one we'd be watching. Walshy and Shockwav3 won for their teams, but it was funny because when the guy said the Ogres no one cheered at all, especially Ogre 1 for some reason. First Match is MLG TS Midship Game 1- 3D just got pwned by TP, 50-42. It was freaking intense. Everyone on TP was playing perfectly. Shockwave led with 15 kills I believe. Series is 3-2 for 3D. Next game is CTF Sanctuary. Game 2- 3D won 2-1. I wonder if they've ever lost on that gametype. They freaking pwn that map. Both the Ogres had a few killing sprees and Walshy apparently had some sick beatdown with the flag (I'll have to watch it when they rebroadcast). The way they set up is perfect. They basically would kill off the whole team, have one guy with the flag, and then spawn kill each guy one by one. Ogre 1 with sniper was awesome. Next game is MLG TS Ivory Tower. For the series: 3D is winning 4-2. Game 3- I think I'm going to have a heart attack. TP 50-47. TP was up by ten most of the game, and then 3D got weapon control and started a comeback. Shockwav3 was pwning. He ended up with 15 kills. Walshy had kind of a bad game. TP ended up being clutch in the end and won. Next game: Team Ball Midship. Series is 4-3 for 3D. Game 4- Holy Sh*t!! 3D 5:00-4:58. Coolest game ever. 3D was up by like 2 minutes, and TP came back on them. The end was so crazy, both teams kept desperately going for the ball, because the last part was so close. 3D finally held the ball last for two seconds to win it. Freaking awesome. Next game is Midship CTF. 3D leads the series 5-3, needing only 1 win for the whole tournament. To think we were only 2 seconds off from having a 4-4 tie; too bad. Game 5- 3D wins Midship CTF 5-3 in another fairly close match. They're just too good when it comes to objective games. The whole team was clutch when it had to be. Walshy had a good kill on the last cap. He was running with the flag, and then he had a guy chasing him. He dropped the flag, charged up his pistol, comboed the guy, and then picked up the flag and kept running. This tournament definitely proved that 3D isn't completely unstoppable, and it will be interesting to see if the rule changes will have any affect on their ability to win. It'll also be cool to see if any new teams emerge on the scene this coming season. You guys might want to consider buying a VoD subscription for this year. It will start now and continue to November and the next championship. It's only 20 bucks and it's pretty fun to watch some of the stuff they show. They have all the tournaments archived, so you'll be able to watch everything from last year too, including this championship round.

#50 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:28 AM

MLG Championship final results

Final Brackets

#51 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hahah wow. Those guys need something else in their life besides Halo, it's kind of depressing.
don't tread on me

#52 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

Meh, most of them do other stuff too. I know the Ogres and Walshy are in college, and a lot of the other players are still in high school. I've heard a lot of them don't really play that much anyway; they're just really good. If I could make 8 grand over the weekend like Karma did for a video game, I would do it.

#53 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

MLG has posted the last minute and a half of the greatest game of Halo I've ever seen as a free preview.

Check it out

This is the ball game on Midship that came down to the last second between Team Phreaks and Team 3D in the Championships in New York.

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

fin sick.. i had to watch it a few times... i couldnt tell what happened at the end there

#55 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

Carbon has finally upset Final Boss (first time they've lost a tournament all season; their winnning streak extended back into last season as well.) I'd put a lot of money on Final Boss winning the next tournament.

#56 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:31 AM

I have a question. I was just watching some pro videos on halopro.com. What's the deal with the seemingly random wiggling of the reticle? Is that supposed to do something? MLG players Walshy and the Ogres were doing it.

Edited by Valor, 20 September 2006 - 01:32 AM.

#57 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:54 AM

I think it's for gaining a slight (read: ghey) extension of their peripheral vision. I think.

#58 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

I do it sometimes. But not for looking. Rattling my reticule gives me a better mental understanding of how fast my aiming is.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#59 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:34 AM

In Halo 1, especially over Xbox Connect, the game would take a while to "calibrate" your sensitivity. When the game would start, the good players (good enough to recognize this difference that this made) would make the circle with their reticule to get accustomed to the sensitivity where it stood at that point.

A good example of this can be found here: Ogres on Hang Em.

Most people refer to this as the Ogre Twitch because the twins were some of the first people to start doing it. Notice how at the beginning of the video, the game is stuttering horribly, and their sensitivity is constantly changing? That's why they did it.

Of course now it doesn't matter nearly as much, if at all, at least not for its original purpose. Most players do it, though, as a nervous habit and to keep themselves alert.

You may also have noticed that the Ogres and other pros melee a lot. This is a little bit of a throwback to Halo 1 because meleeing on a respawn would duck your head and help you gain a few extra seconds to escape from a spawn trap. In addition, meleeing as the clip hits the chamber during a reload, then pressing zoom buys you a few extra seconds to line up your target (this is most useful with the sniper). In Halo 2, it is useful for a number of reasons, but mostly: on the spawn or when switching weapons, it greatly decreases the amount of noise your weapon makes (ever heard the click-click-click of someone spawning with an SMG or the cha-chunk of someone pulling out a shotgun and known exactly where they were? This prevents that.)

#60 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

Dead link dog. I do the twitch just to get the feel for my aim sensitivity when I start the game or when I've been idle for a while, but not because I ever knew about the calibration of the controller. I actually did that out of habit even before I knew the pros did it. One thing I did pick up while playing on XBC was that meleeing as you spawn is very beneficial. I still do it and it drives gamble nuts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq