Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

We may do another Firefight one, but it won't be soon. There's some gamescom stuff out right now, though, which I'm sure you've seen.

Without a doubt one of the worst Halo players I've ever seen in my entire life. I was playing ODST with my seven year old niece a couple months ago and she did better than that. That's just embarrassing.

Also, you guys planning on doing a direct feed of the stage demo (not the one that's behind closed doors)? It's not multiplayer related so I won't talk about it here, but the current footage is pretty terrible, to say the least.

#22 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

I don't think so. We consider that to be sort of akin to the Tsavo Highway demos. Granted, xbox.com was livestreaming it this time, but it still wasn't tecnhically meant for the general public.

#23 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

I don't think so. We consider that to be sort of akin to the Tsavo Highway demos. Granted, xbox.com was livestreaming it this time, but it still wasn't tecnhically meant for the general public.

Huh.

(Does that mean we'll be getting another IMAX event?)

#24 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

I should have clarified that I meant the Frankie-Tsavo-Highway demos. Pre-IMAX. Although I may be thinking of the E3 closed door demos. One of those.

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

I should have clarified that I meant the Frankie-Tsavo-Highway demos. Pre-IMAX.

Ah, okay.

Posted Image

#26 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

It really makes me sadface whenever I see people playing so horribly like that especially when it's on new ground. Couldn't they have found someone better?

#27 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

We may do another Firefight one, but it won't be soon. There's some gamescom stuff out right now, though, which I'm sure you've seen.

Posted Image

That's one tough jackal.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Here's 5 minutes of new Firefight gameplay on Corvette. Looks sick!

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:34 AM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Here's 5 minutes of new Firefight gameplay on Corvette. Looks sick!

Fantastic. They really did tighten up the graphics on level three. Shit looks amazing. No aliasing in sight (as far as I could tell), and at first glace it appears to be 720p as well. About damn time. Also, dem plasma bolts man. Those things are awfully pretty.

Some more offscreen Corvette gameplay, this time in HD. Definitely not as great as the official video, but it's something:

Youtube:
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RC4TQ1T

Site I got it from:

http://multiplayer.i...mescom-2010.lo/

The site sucks and was atrociously slow for me, so I went ahead and rehosted it elsewhere.

Edit:

IGN's clip of the day, and probably the only good one, showing a new Elite assassination animation. Unfortunately ruined by the title, "Tag Your It". Idiot Gaming News indeed.

http://xbox360.ign.c...multi_0816.html

This one is for Blaze, Concussion Rifle in action:

http://www.youtube.c...ydAOUwg#t=1m26s

One of the recent Corvette videos has some in it too, though I don't remember which.

Edit #2:

Listening to the official Bungie Firefight video, you can hear a Grunt talk at 1:13 to 1:17. That was definitely
Spoiler

Edited by Drew, 19 August 2010 - 03:29 AM.

#30 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

New stuff for everyone, just went up with the Weekly Update.

Cage Match
Five Minute Firefight on Outpost

#31 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Damn the Cage looks awesome! The sound effects sound so much more brutal as they should sound. He got more kills with melee than anything else so that's encouraging. The map looks sick, great line of sight and it's nice to move around it. I'm so impressed with how awesome Forge is, that map looks like it was designed with pro tools, it looks smooth all the way through. The Outpost video really shows how awesome the weapons look. I'm so impressed with how great this game looks, I was very skeptical that a Halo game could look better and still do the same things with physics etc.

#32 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Damn the Cage looks awesome! The sound effects sound so much more brutal as they should sound. He got more kills with melee than anything else so that's encouraging. The map looks sick, great line of sight and it's nice to move around it. I'm so impressed with how awesome Forge is, that map looks like it was designed with pro tools, it looks smooth all the way through.

The Outpost video really shows how awesome the weapons look. I'm so impressed with how great this game looks, I was very skeptical that a Halo game could look better and still do the same things with physics etc.

There was definitely room for improvement in Halo 3, what with the whole no AA and 640p scandal.

But as framebuffer grabs from the leaked build have shown, we've got 720p with at least 2xMSAA, maybe 4x. (I'm not an expert at counting pixels so I'll leave that part up to B3D.)

#33 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

What is MSAA? Also, do we know for sure it's 720p? I wonder if they cheated and made it something like 1150 x 720 instead of true 720p which is 1280 x 720. Any idea where the frame-rate is also hovering around?

#34 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

What is MSAA? Also, do we know for sure it's 720p? I wonder if they cheated and made it something like 1150 x 720 instead of true 720p which is 1280 x 720. Any idea where the frame-rate is also hovering around?

MSAA is multisample anti-aliasing. Basically the video card takes a main pixels location (green in the following images) and then grabs multiple samples (hence multisample) of other pixels surrounding the pixel in question. It then processes the samples and approximates what color the main pixel should be displayed as. This gives the illusion of transparency, and hence smoother edges on objects. MSAA is the standard on consoles, because it is much cheaper than other options (such as FSAA or SSAA).

2xMSAA
Posted Image

4xMSAA
Posted Image

It's not true 720p, no. At 1152x720, it's close, but still not all 921600 pixels. Missing 92160 of them, to be exact. MUCH better than Halo 3, though, which is missing over 100000 additional pixels.

Framerate is apparently a locked 30, with no drops (at least walking around), but we can't know for sure until we can get raw framebuffer video, which probably won't happen until launch (or somebody with a really nice harddrive setup gets the leaked version).

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

Yo dawg, I heard you like bad gameplay.

http://g4tv.com/vide...tch/?quality=hd

Pretty obvious that these people have pretty much zero idea of how to play Halo, and possible any shooter at all for that matter, but uh... you get a good feel for The Cage, I guess?

Edit:

Ten minutes of Firefight of Outpost (not Overlook).

http://g4tv.com/vide...ost/?quality=hd

Map looks stonking great, and even easy difficulty Elites look like no pushovers.

Fake edit: Holy shit at the end. Elites do not fuck around. They got raped.

Edited by Drew, 28 August 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#36 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

Haha wow those elites just ripped them apart. Everytime I see the A.I. in action I get more and more impressed. I really like how the ghost's boost takes the place of the AA, never seen that before. Probably the best firefight vid I've seen yet. A+
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#37 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

Firefight

Posted Image

#38 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

I stopped watching the first video a few minutes in. The first thing the moron did was grenade himself. The second video was much better, the map looked amazing too.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

Man that's a tough last wave they had in the Holdout video. I wonder if you didn't touch the Target Locators at all until the 5th round if they would be there still in those drop pods?

#40 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

It was mostly "tough" because, to a man, they insisted on holding onto the AR like it was god's own anti-son-of-a-bitch machine and running around like chickens with their heads cut off instead of working together.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq