Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

Well that was... unexpected. Ended up spending about seven and half hours in Forge this evening. Made a map that uses the two big islands, if you will, above Blood Gulch, named "Alaska" and "Montana" (location names, i.e., Island or Lagoon). Since I have no working capture card or digital camera, and Bnet hasn't been updated yet, I have no way of actually showing you guys the map yet, but I will put up a few screenshots as soon as the new Bnet goes live. Seriously though, damn. I knew Forge World had potential, but the fact that it actually got ME of all people to sit down and make a map is mind boggling. Once you have an idea, and you get going, it just kind of takes on a life of its own. Before I knew it there was a huge bridge structure with three separate pathways, and two gigantic bases, one on each of the far sides of the islands. I really don't even know when it got to that point. All of a sudden I just had this huge map. The stuff that's going to come out of here when the game launches is fucking insane. Also, I wouldn't fret about the scenery getting too tiring. It's really pretty; even my shitty bases look good, and with the team color changing it makes even less samey. Anyway, I guess official thread for your Forge creations? Post your stuff here when the game launches. I'll update whenever Bnet goes live with some screens and maybe a short rendered video.

#2 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

Seriously though, damn. I knew Forge World had potential, but the fact that it actually got ME of all people to sit down and make a map is mind boggling.

Oh great, sounds like LittleBigPlanet all over again. Whenever I had a level idea in that game, it would suck away at least an entire day and then many more hours of fine tuning over a week or so.

From what we've seen so far, the quality of levels is gonna be freakin insane. Looking forward to what Ascendant Justice folks in particular can make. Also, what's the maximum of items like, I've been staying away from anywhere I could get spoilers, so I'm alittle out of the loop.

#3 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:45 AM

Maximum number of items is a lot. I still have probably well over 1000 unused items, and 6500 out of the initial 10000 budget left.

#4 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

So are the limitations purely on the number of items? Or do different items have different values? I could never really get on with Forge in Halo 3 but this is something I'm planning to spend alot of time in.

Edited by KrAzY WiSh, 05 September 2010 - 06:44 AM.

GT: KrAzY WiSh

#5 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Good to hear about how easy you found the creation process. Seems the general consensus is that Forge 2.0 is just overall easier to work with - good to see that it isn't just hyperbole.

#6 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

So are the limitations purely on the number of items? Or do different items have different values?

I could never really get on with Forge in Halo 3 but this is something I'm planning to spend alot of time in.

Each category has an item limit (basic building blocks, scenery, decorative, etc.) There is also a dollar value assigned to each item, but I'm not really sure why it's there because it seems like you'd have to try really, really hard to use all of it.

#7 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

An amazing app which details all the Forge options and provides pictures.

http://derek.freeman...pick.com/Forge/

#8 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Thankyou both!

#9 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

I made my first map, if anyone's feeling generous enough to play and make useful suggestions. :) In my file share.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#10 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

Made a king of the hill gametype, and it's saying the map variant is not compatible with the game variant, but I have all the hills/spawns/boundaries/etc set. Any idea what I need to do.

#11 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

I started making my first map last night and finished it in a couple of hours. Not to bad compared to halo 3 taking me about 4 days just to get it perfect. Well I ran into a problem when trying to make a one flage game type on my map. The map I made is Asymetrical, and its specifically for one flag. The problem I had was when I went to customs, it would tell me that this Map variant isn't compatible for this game type. I have all the teams and spawns set up right, and the flag and capture spots Is good, but still doesn't let me play on the map I made. Any suggestion?

#12 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:56 AM

Yeah I had the same problem. Still waiting to hear what I could do about it...

#13 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Yeah I had the same problem. Still waiting to hear what I could do about it...

Here is a thread on bungie.net that might help.

http://www.bungie.ne...postID=49035808

#14 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, but see for king of the hill it says you need to have minimum of one hill for it to work. And I've got that. But I'm still getting the incompatible message. Also, I've got the safe area around the map I made, but it keeps saying 'you fell to your death' if I go too high or too low, even if it's still within the safe box.

#15 Crucified

Crucified
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

The only thing I didn't have set up is the flag spawn and flag return point. So it just might work for me if that's My problem.

#16 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

Some might appreciate this:

http://www.bungie.ne...FinalPOSTMORTEM

#17 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Brute Chieftain!

http://www.bungie.ne.....er=xSoGx Grim

#18 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

Two maps made by a buddy of mine. I know he'd appreciate any input:

http://www.bungie.ne...;player=Kewltip

http://www.bungie.ne...;player=Kewltip

#19 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

There is a problem with teleporters in Reach working with Elites in some circumstances.

#20 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

If any of you ever enjoyed Gears of War 2, I've made a pretty accurate remake of Jacinto. It's in my Fileshare if you fancy downloading. I also made a "Gears of Halo" gametype to play on it. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq