• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Boom.

Script block says negatory on that one, captain.

Fake Edit: WHAT THE FUCK GOOGLE INSTANT

#22 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:18 AM

Eventually, I worked my way to the last level, which starts you out on a huge cliff. I peered down, and sure enough, an Elite at the very bottom with his back turned. It took me a couple tries, but I eventually got it. Note that it seems like Achievements can not be obtained on Easy difficulty, and you'll need to attempt this on Normal or harder. If you're having trouble, make sure to utilize Sprint to get that extra distance. Getting the actual melee timing down too can also be a little troublesome, and I never quite figured out the exact time to do it. Just got lucky eventually.

Thanks for this. I got it on my third try, and had it on Legendary difficulty just to be safe. I only have eight more to go now.

Anyone know a good spot to hijack a banshee?
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#23 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for this. I got it on my third try, and had it on Legendary difficulty just to be safe. I only have eight more to go now.

The spire part of the campaign with a jet pack.

#24 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

The spire part of the campaign with a jet pack.

Also the part where you go deep underground.

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

Plasma Pistol is your friend. Whenever one goes for a strafing run hit it with an overcharge and enjoy your new ride.

#26 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

I got it on Tip of the Spear. I jetpacked toward a banshee and it tried to dodge me, but got stuck between two rocks nearby and couldn't move lawl. The A.I. seems to treat geography really weird. Sometimes it uses it to its advantage really well, but it often seems to ignore things like trees and rocks.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#27 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

This achievement has to be glitched for me. I've tried it for about 2 hours. I've watched videos online as to how to do it. I hold sprint off the jump, then let it off in midair, and I hold melee. I've had it do the assassinate animation probably about 10-15 times and I've never unlocked the achievement. Something has to be messed up.

#28 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

This achievement has to be glitched for me. I've tried it for about 2 hours. I've watched videos online as to how to do it. I hold sprint off the jump, then let it off in midair, and I hold melee. I've had it do the assassinate animation probably about 10-15 times and I've never unlocked the achievement. Something has to be messed up.

Legendary? It didn't work for me until I did the exact same thing on Legendary.

#29 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, I switched from Normal to Legendary for the second hour of experimentation.

#30 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Van and I were talking about this... I haven't tried the one you guys are discussing, but I have also noticed that some of the Achievements seem to be acting like they're glitched. During my solo legendary playthrough of Sword Base, I killed two wraiths with my first target locator air strike, then I killed two ghosts with my second. Nothing... Does it have to be the same single shot out of the numerous shots that get launched in the air strike volley? That's the only other explanation that I can come up with besides a glitched achievement. No matter, the Campaign is so fun, I won't mind having to keep playing and trying for these...

#31 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

I think it might be glitched for you, Cuse. I did that one today, and it took the whole barrage to kill the two wraiths but I got the achievement. It definitely took more than the first shot of the volley to kill them off.

#32 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Just found a couple of things here.

"Two Corpses in One Grave

If you hijack either of the Wraiths, you will not get credit for this achievement and must retry. Also, both Wraiths must be killed within 1.5 seconds of each other or it will not count.

A Spoonful of Blamite

You must not die between your first Needler supercombine kill and your tenth. Dying will reset your supercombine kill count.

Keep It Clean

Dying resets your Moa kill count. You must kill all the required Moas without dying.

If They Came to Hear Me Beg

If your lunge is too forward it will slow your fall and this achievement will not be triggered as you are no longer traveling at a terminal velocity. Try lunging straight down on the target Elite?s head as you are falling so you don?t lose terminal velocity. This usually takes multiple attempts and can be tough to trigger. Don?t give up!"

#33 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

I just finally got the achievement, yay! You really have to focus on coming straight down on the elite's head. Don't worry about turning off sprint too early, just make sure you get the right angle. If anyone else has trouble with this, let me know and I'll upload the clip of this pain in the ass on my file share.

#34 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

I just finally got the achievement, yay! You really have to focus on coming straight down on the elite's head. Don't worry about turning off sprint too early, just make sure you get the right angle. If anyone else has trouble with this, let me know and I'll upload the clip of this pain in the ass on my file share.

I may need to look at your clip mate. I too have been unable to unlock this achievement despite killing the elite numerous times. I even did a few blind runs into the same spot to double check that the fall would kill me.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq