#21 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Pink on a VGA typically means that one or more of the 15 pins isn't getting its signal passed on, or it's getting mixed up somewhere along the way; so make sure your component cables are all matched up when they connect to the component dongle coming out of the capture card. I would even suggest plugging the blue into the green and green into red and so forth, just for the heck of it. Just try some weird combinations, maybe the cable is labeled incorrectly. But honestly, VGA to component conversion is so weird, I'm actually surprised it works at all. I am running HDMI in to the capture card and HDMI out to my monitor. The input lag is infinitesimal for me. There's a ton of lag in the capture window on my PC, but barely any on the monitor that I'm running from the HDMI-out.

#22 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yea, I am kind of in a shitty situation where I have two Monitors, neither of which have an HDMI port on them. And as I learned earlier, I can't convert the HDMI out signal to DVI successfully. :( So, I have chosen the Analog Signal path only to find the for some odd reason the conversion from VGA to YPrPb fails epically... Voice and sound are working! I want to get that Asus 22-23 Monitor with all of the necessary ports! :)

#23 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

The Black Magic Intensity Pro comes with component out, so dealing with that tiny bit of input lag may be your only option. :(

#24 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Well the way I have it set up with the VGA split has no input lag, so I'd like to get that configuration working... Just need to understand why the picture is pink and inconsistent.. :(

Otherwise im going to go buy this: http://usa.asus.com/...#specifications and then I can just use HDMI like I wanted to in the first place!

Edited by zenbaltz, 25 September 2011 - 09:15 PM.

#25 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

That's probably your best bet in the end. What I suspect may be the issue with your connection is that your VGA to component splitter is screwing things up, as conversion splitters rarely work. Often you need a conversion box which can easily run you 30 bucks. Combined with the 40 for the 360 VGA cable, you're already halfway to getting a monitor that will work perfectly. Unfortunately, its one of those lessons you have to learn the hard way, converters are evil. When I suggested VGA I was thinking your capture device had a VGA input.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#26 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Niterider, which vga - component splitter box would you suggest? I only need it to output 1280x720 (720p).

Edited by zenbaltz, 27 September 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#27 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

I wouldn't do any conversion at all. You'll think your saving money, but it'll end up not working properly in one obscure way or another and you'll have about $100 in paperweights. I've never used HDMI for capture, but I trust Cocop if he says it works. Pick one, HDMI, VGA, or Component, make sure you monitor and capture device both work with it, and split the signal to both. It may not seem like the most cost effective solution when you're staring at a new monitor price tag, but in the end it actually is. If you're choice isn't VGA, then consider returning that VGA cable and put that money elsewhere.

#28 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

The Black Magic Intensity Pro comes with component out, so dealing with that tiny bit of input lag may be your only option. :(

Yea I am just waiting on a screen with HDMI input.

#29 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Cobaltz, did you ever figure out how to resolve the weird driver issue where the Black Magic randomly decides to stop working? I still have to resinstall the drivers and restart my PC every time I want to use it.

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

If I ever get this thing, I'm doing the external version via USB so I don't have to deal with this tish.

#31 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Just remember, for Pete's sake don't use any converters. You'll make me a sad panda.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq