Fly by video added

Posted Image

#22 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Ubisoft! For killing everything that the Splinter Cell series was. :down:

Edited by Nightshade, 22 May 2007 - 04:07 PM.

#23 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

I think it looks like fun.

#24 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

I think it looks like fun.

Were you a fan of the previous games?

#25 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

Were you a fan of the previous games?

Yes, but it is not the same Sam Fisher, under the same circumstances. he is on the run. And I think it looks the way it should be.

#26 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Yes, but it is not the same Sam Fisher, under the same circumstances. he is on the run. And I think it looks the way it should be.

Really? I have yet to meet a single person outside of you that was a fan of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and thinks that Conviction, or Double Agent, is even Splinter Cell. Yes Sam is on the run, (Which I think is retarded anyway.) But Splinter Cell is BASED on not directly confronting your enemies, so tell me, why the fuck is Sam enguaging people in hand to hand combat, or GROUPS in hand to hand combat? The main rule that made Splinter Cell diffrent was that if your enemy saw you, you were as good as dead. Wow that sure ended, so how is this any diffrent from any other game on the market now? I liked Splinter Cell because it was diffrent, well it's not now. I hope those who were not fans of the series now are happy, because those of us who we're aren't now.

This is not stealth, this is not Splinter Cell. This is the horrible disfiguriation of a once great series by first person shooter fans. People who coulden't handle the "learning curve". This is blantley obvious in Splinter Cell: Double Agent, in and effort to widen the series to more people, Ubisoft eliminated the stealth element. And I guess it wasen't enough to ruin the multiplayer, but hey lets ruin the singleplayer while we're at it huh Ubisoft?

#27 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

Really? I have yet to meet a single person outside of you that was a fan of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and thinks that Conviction, or Double Agent, is even Splinter Cell. Yes Sam is on the run, (Which I think is retarded anyway.) But Splinter Cell is BASED on not directly confronting your enemies, so tell me, why the fuck is Sam enguaging people in hand to hand combat, or GROUPS in hand to hand combat? The main rule that made Splinter Cell diffrent was that if your enemy saw you, you were as good as dead. Wow that sure ended, so how is this any diffrent from any other game on the market now? I liked Splinter Cell because it was diffrent, well it's not now. I hope those who were not fans of the series now are happy, because those of us who we're aren't now.

This is not stealth, this is not Splinter Cell. This is the horrible disfiguriation of a once great series by first person shooter fans. People who coulden't handle the "learning curve". This is blantley obvious in Splinter Cell: Double Agent, in and effort to widen the series to more people, Ubisoft eliminated the stealth element. And I guess it wasen't enough to ruin the multiplayer, but hey lets ruin the singleplayer while we're at it huh Ubisoft?

Yeah I gree, but maybe it's not just Sam Fisher in this game. maybe you get to play as a new Splinter Cell that is assigned with taking Fisher down. That would be cool, because he will know everything you are doing/going to do. But yeah, it should be called, "Convictions". But I will still play it.

#28 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

I think the thing that made SC too ghey for my palate was always the trial-and-error style gameplay required by a system that automatically ends your game each time an unexpected element pops up. For those of us who did not enjoy the endless repetition of piano practice as a small child (those same people who hate playing the same sequence over and over in slightly growing increments) the only way to fix a fundamentally broken game (which happens to feature pretty graphics, fancy gadgets, and kick-ass multiplayer gameplay), is to increase the options available to the player. If that means the player can do more than flop over dead when his cover is blown (or at least in doubt), then I'm all for it.

You've got to admit, in a game that prides itself on realism, the epitome of lameness is a badass super-spy that can't even begin to handle himself in one-on-one fisticuffs.

#29 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

No offence Mattacus, but it's people with the mind set of yours that ruined this game. (Once again no offence.) I am all up for more options. And if you remeber, (Or did you play Choas Theory?) you had multiple paths. Had they not wasted their time on Double Agent and Conviciton, there would be limitless possiblities for options, but with the same core gameplay that we all loved. Think of the "Golden Tripod" of Halo. Ubisoft forgot to take notes and now they feel they need to change the core gameplay to appeal to people with your mind set. (No offence.) But if those people didin't like the game for what it was, why did they play it? As for the combat, you could win hand to hand combat, but it would be a very poor decision in Splinter Cell seeing how not only would the person your attacking have a gun in hand, but he is surrounded by friends that will hear him if they hear the slightest noise. Sure sounds like a great idea to go run at a terrorist with a gun and enguage him in hand to hand combat that would have a high chance of others hearing you, and you get shot over your over zealous lust for action, when your nations lives are at stake. Hows that for realism?

#30 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

Meh, I think it looks pretty cool. As long as you don't think of it as Splinter Cell. Should have called it "Bourne Identity: The Game" or something (I have no idea why that video reminds me of Bourne Identity).

#31 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

Looks like Splinter Cell to me. Stealth is still a factor, and after 4 games, it is nice to see it going in a different direction.

#32 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Did they show this at E3? I was hoping to hear more about it, but I haven't found anything.

#33 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

I think they only showed it off in a little montage as a clip. That it though.I was also really hoping for them to show off some more of the game as well...

#34 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Supposedly it's gonna come out this year. I don't know if they'll make it for Q4 if they didn't have much to show now.

#35 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

Even after the delay, I think we're going to see this game get set back once again. They haven't even showed us anything as far as the first gameplay video (aside from the interview), and that was back in May. This could be a good thing though. I'm sure they've recieved plenty of complaints after they showed off the "new elements" and gameplay. Here's hoping they do the game justice no matter what direction they take.

#36 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hmm...

The next Splinter Cell game has been redone three times over already. Developers just can't seem to include good gameplay in it. That's part of why it got delayed. Same can be said about Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The story was abysmal and it was supposed to be a prequel to Vegas in the early stages of development. Developers then said it made no sense at all, because the first Vegas game finished with a "To Be Continued" screen. They delayed it to work on the story and add some maps.

Makes sense just because we haven't heard a damn thing since last may.

#37 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

That source doesn't seem super credible to me, but something's definitely going on with Conviction. I think because of mixed fan reaction to the new changes in gameplay, they might have gone back to the drawing board. Even though it wasn't traditional Splinter Cell, I was excited for the changes. They're probably re-working the game and trying to come up with something more "Splinter Cell", but with some added improvements. Hopefully we'll hear something official soon. I miss Splinter Cell.

#38 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

Yay! Hopefully we can look forward to a good game now.

#39 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Yay! Hopefully we can look forward to a good game now.

Yeah, I know. This is good news.

#40 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

I don't know. I felt like the old formula had gotten a bit stale. I was actually looking forward to something a little different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq